?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So how is everybody feeling?
cor_fortis
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not too shabby, just did about 4 past papers... C B A A.. which is an improvement seeing as i got a D the first time round! how, HOW did i do so badly
Circadian_Rhythm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Resitting, want closer to 90.. hopefully above.

Can't think of any more revision now, done all the past papers.. It should be fine. More worried about Chem2, well... same position for that as well tbh.. Oh wellllll...
Limitless
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
(Original post by cor_fortis)
Not too shabby, just did about 4 past papers... C B A A.. which is an improvement seeing as i got a D the first time round! how, HOW did i do so badly
I got a C in the Jan11 exam paper did it again a couple of weeks after and got an A how did that happen. I probably shouldn't cram this time.
Liam 09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Resitting whole AS year, including this. Feeling pretty optimistic for this paper, just need to brush up on a couple of things.
Rahul.S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
got 83 in jan....hoping to get 90+

btw i can post the solutions and paper for this exam.....no arsey required
Dizzy94
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My first time doing this. Just going over y natoes for chapter 4 and 6. Plan to start past papers at 2:30.
Could someone please make a list of the words we have to know the definitions of? Like Ionisation energy and such.
MJ1993
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi guys
does anybody know where i can find the grade boundaries for the june 2006 paper? Also in the past paper books my school has given me there are these questions at the end which arent on the mark scheme but look like they are taken off past papers, for example one question starts 'The fractions obtained from petroleum contain saturated hydrocarbons that belong to the homologous series of alkanes.' Anyone know what paper it comes from?
and some good websites to revise from??
Master.K
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is the fourth time I'm sitting this paper and STILL haven't got higher than a B......:eek3: :facepalm:

I don't care now....Watch I'm gonna rape it this time and not just get an A but a HIGH A! :ahee:
cerrr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Started off this year getting D's, now I'm looking at A's. No thanks to my teachers, just my hard cram + the wonderful Chem tutor I got.
Don't know what else to do, I've done all the Past Papers I could find. Suppose it's just a case of reading and re-reading my notes and waiting for monday...
mkb230
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Done every single paper twice, this is a tactical re sit for me, really want an A in this paper (hoping for a B overall). I think you can almost guess some of the questions that are going to be on there e.g. mass spectrometer, trend in electro negativities, periodicity etc
cor_fortis
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Limitless)
I got a C in the Jan11 exam paper did it again a couple of weeks after and got an A how did that happen. I probably shouldn't cram this time.
Aha, yeah cramming = not good.. well, it works for some. I did chem1 back in jan 2010. being a 'seasoned' chemist its pretty damn easy
kirstykk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm resitting this one, got a D in january, i don't know how, it all seems SO SO easy compared to CHEM2! hoping for an A, but feeling pretty optimistic! does anyone have any good ways of revising other than past papers, or where to get papers that are similar in content but not necessarily AQA? as i've exhausted all the past papers, done them all at least twice!
dolmio
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys. Resitting this module which is my second time doing chem1, got 78 the first time which I was pretty disappointed with.

Haven't done any revision yet... though I'm doing A2 chemistry so most of it should be ok, just need to learn periodicity and a few equations and I'll be fine. Would like to get 90+ as then I'll only need 180/240 in chem 4 + 5 to get an A overall

good luck everyone and if you need help/resources, message me
Limitless
Rep:
?
(Original post by kirstykk)
I'm resitting this one, got a D in january, i don't know how, it all seems SO SO easy compared to CHEM2! hoping for an A, but feeling pretty optimistic! does anyone have any good ways of revising other than past papers, or where to get papers that are similar in content but not necessarily AQA? as i've exhausted all the past papers, done them all at least twice!
I got a C in Jan11 so I'm resitting, I find CHEM2 so much easier but you have to learn so much more for CHEM2.
liviaaa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is my first time to sit this exam. Feeling quite prepared, though I agree that CHEM 2 is easier ^^, as it's just really knowledge based Q's, where as CHEM 1 requires more thinking, despite a more basic set of info.
Wick3d
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can anyone get the Chem1 Jan11 paper?
sweetascandy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can someone please direct me to a similar thread, but for edexcel? (if it's existent, that is!). Thanks
Limitless
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wick3d)
Can anyone get the Chem1 Jan11 paper?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1611471
Dizzy94
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hiya guys. ANY help with some issues im having would be incredibly appreciated.
1) Definition of Ar/Mr, with reagrds to carbon 12.
2) Explain why ice is less dense than water. MUST mention H bonding
3) What is: The structural formula, displayed formula and the definitions of homologous series and functional group
4) Whats is structural isomerism

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GUYS! These are the only things i need to get into my head before I start Past Papers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby