Heard back from internship applications? Watch

£Simon£
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Has anyone heard back from internship applications?! Which banks have started interviewing?
portugal
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Friends of mine have had interviews at DB.. As for myself I've heard back from RBS and thats its (done applications to about 7 banks so far)
£Simon£
Nice one. Well ive got a no-no from BarCap. Still waiting on all the others. Have you done the RBS numeracy test? How was it? Which division did you apply to?
portugal
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh i did the RBS numeracy test, and really, if youve done the BarCap one, then you wont have any trouble. Its done by the same ppl (SHLDirect) and i was asked questions on the same tables and graphs (just different figures/names)!

Not really expecting a yes from BarCap either to be honest, did my application in a rush and copy pasted from previous applications, stupid i know.

All my applications are for IBD, how bout you?
£Simon£
Great, cheers.

Mainly applying for financial markets. Trading/structuring - preferably the latter. Did the Easter programme at RBS in FX sales, so will hopefully be fastracked on RBS internship application
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Got a first round interview from barcap. Havent heard anything else yet. Only sent off 4 tho, I need to sort out my CV!
crawls
Report 13 years ago
I've managed to send off 19 applications so far, and have one interview, have done around 6 sets of tests. How are other people getting on at the moment?
kahler_potential
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not Citigroup FI or Equities by any chance? (I've sent of 16, that's the only interview I've had)
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OMG 19? I know it's competitive, but damn, that's hardcore. Ok, I'm not applying to IBs, but I've applied to 3, had interviews for 2 and considering applying to a further two (though apps haven't opened yet).
crawls
Report 13 years ago
well i've talked to my dad about it, who used to work in investment banking, and his advice is play the numbers game and just try to blitz as many as possible without degrading the quality of your applications. (and yes i'm probably on the limit....have essays to do as well which are getting pushed onto the sidelines !) Hopefully it will pay off in the end
dontmesswithme
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
just out of curiosity...

how difficult is it to make 19 application ?

i mean, you will fill pretty much similar format of app. form and personal statements kind of essay... wouldnt you ?

cheers,
mangomaz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've only sent off 4 eek! But I'm finding that most want cv's so I'll be able to 'blitz' a few more (hehe awesome word) as soon as that gets done.. hopefully by the end of today! Only heard back from 1 so far. I was the first person to get interviewed for a sales internship at barcap how cool? hehe.
portugal
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ive now sent off 10 and ive had enough of application forms cant stand looking at them any longer!
crawls
Report 13 years ago
Anyone got any further with applications? - I received an invitation to an interview with Macquarie today...has anyone had one or have any information that may help?

Cheers in advance
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by crawls)
Anyone got any further with applications? - I received an invitation to an interview with Macquarie today...has anyone had one or have any information that may help?

Cheers in advance
did u have an online test with Macquarie or is the first thing an interview?! gd luck! when did u apply?
crawls
Report 13 years ago
I applied mid November and heard today - interview is middle of January. The application was a short form and then attach a CV and covering letter. Interview is the first bit of contact I will have had (no tests so far)....got a text message as well saying they want to put a face to the name !!

You been involved with anything to do with Macquarie?
JrW
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've heard that Harrison Careers (firm that offers help to applicants for IB, Big 4, Magic Circle etc) recommend that you apply to about 50 firms!
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by crawls)
I applied mid November and heard today - interview is middle of January. The application was a short form and then attach a CV and covering letter. Interview is the first bit of contact I will have had (no tests so far)....got a text message as well saying they want to put a face to the name !!

You been involved with anything to do with Macquarie?
nope, will send off my app soon. does anyone know any websites where u can practice online numeracy/verbal tests?!
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sorry to invade the thread as a confused yet curious outsider - but just out of interest, are these applications for internships over the summer? is it too late to start applying now for such a thing?
President_Ben
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
I've heard that Harrison Careers (firm that offers help to applicants for IB, Big 4, Magic Circle etc) recommend that you apply to about 50 firms!
Harrison Careers have the problem where they say they will guarentee you a job if you do what they say.

So they set an incredibly high burden of work such that you really will get a job if you apply that heavily. Failing that, I'm sure Peter can just ring up one of his mates in order to make sure that he can keep the 100% rate...

Summer internship deadlines are in January to February. Not too late at all.

Practice tests through your careers service, SHL (though most people think they are too easy compared to the real things) or dummying certain applications.

--------------

(Original post by silence)
sorry to invade the thread as a confused yet curious outsider - but just out of interest, are these applications for internships over the summer? is it too late to start applying now for such a thing?
One last thing, if you're a first year student. Your odds of getting an internship are next to nil. Apply to Spring programmes instead...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1380)
79.49%
Leave (356)
20.51%

Watched Threads