Asexuality Watch

Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
Strange, I thought more people would actually know what it is.
Thanks for the replys !!
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Aren't plants asexual - as in they self-reproduce?
Lol, no
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lol, no
erm...go back to science class

"Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding."

Plants are asexual and stop abusing something that is there for people who do actually require anonymity for certain things unless you're going somewhere with this.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Surely a blind person would have to be asexual because they don't know who they are attracted to?
Dekota
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How many of you know what it is? And if so, what do you know about it?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3&postcount=14

For more information refer to;

http://www.asexuality.org/home/
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
erm...go back to science class

"Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding."

Plants are asexual and stop abusing something that is there for people who do actually require anonymity for certain things unless you're going somewhere with this.
:mad:

http://www.arboretum.fullerton.edu/g...imer/cycle.asp
http://www.arboretum.fullerton.edu/grow/primer/anat.asp

I was going on about asexuality for humans and YOU brought up plants.
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 12 years ago
i read in a biology book that actually one in ten people are "asexual" i believe in it, maybe not that many but I kno many people that just aren't itnerested in relationships. i think itsm roe ocmmon with the business of life these days. i lvoe using the term when i just want to be single but not even hook up.
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes many organisms can reproduce asexually (essentially they produce genetically identical offspring). However, asexuality in the context of this thread has a different meaning, and refers to people that are not interested in having sexual relationships.
graveyarddreams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i always thought it's just the opposite to bisexual
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
done it in psychology... it also seems to be how fashion for women s going...
(in the way that the models get thinner and have less breast and take on a boyish appearance in an asexual way...)
I think you're talking about androgyny, which is either the mixing of male and female characteristics (as in fashion), or something which is neither male or female.

(Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
some people who are born both get forced as youngster to have surgary to make them male or female and it usualy makes the rest of their life hard cause they never feel what they are...so and thats it
Hang on, are you talking about hermaphrodites? Those born with both male and female gonads?

Asexual means someone or something lacks sexual attaraction or desire. Hypothetical example: Issac Newton was asexual. However, asexuality is not to be confused with celibacy or chastity - its just no desire for sex.
Exoskeletal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well no-one else has admitted it... but i've often wondered if i'm asexual.
wanderer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
Surely a blind person would have to be asexual because they don't know who they are attracted to?
No. Blind people experience sexual desire too. Obviously their experience of attraction isn't based on sight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads