?
Report 13 years ago
Woo-hoo! BBQ tonight!!!
goonerjack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think to be fair, *all* schools that are remotely near Hemel Hempstead should be shut.... I could drive there in half an hour so therefore I shouldnt have to go to school I reckon!
FrisbeeFan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gordon2002)
lol, are you a triplet? If so, I think I know who you are- you're either emma, lucy or katie. You have an older brother who's in oxford? One of your other sisters goes to holloway london uni, and you have a younger brother called matthew?

Your mum is a recorder/music teacher
:eek: :eek: :eek: How do you know this???

Who are you???

I'm Emma! It's Kate, by the way, not Katie - I don't think she'd mind if if I say that she's Kew, and Lucy's HistoryStudent.

My older brother's the one called Matthew, not my younger one.

Seriously, how do you know all this? Are you one of my mum's ex-pupils from Fleetville?
Steve Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by FrisbeeFan)

Who are you???

I'm Emma! It's Kate, by the way, not Katie - I don't think she'd mind if if I say that she's Kew, and Lucy's HistoryStudent.

Seriously, how do you know all this? Are you one of my mum's ex-pupils from Fleetville?
No he's the bloke under the bush in your back garden.
FrisbeeFan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TomInPortsmouth)
No he's the bloke under the bush in your back garden.
Just as well I'm at uni then.
Sync
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by My School's Website)
The school is open
(name of my school here) is open as normal tomorrow, Monday 12th December. If you have difficulty getting your son or daughter to school as a result of road closures in the Hemel Hempstead area please let us know via the usual channels.
Well thank you so much. Really, we must be the only bloody school open around here, and we're literally 10 mins from Hemel. Damm you school, damm you to bloody hell!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Who are you???

lol, I did go to fleetville, but I didn't really know your mum (i.e. didn't have recorder lessons with her- I had mr mann (if you can remeber her!)).

Well I occasionally speak to matthew on msn, he's in toronto right?
And I used to have violin lessons (*embarrassed*) where I used to see which ever one of you triplets who played the violin.
I also spoke to Kew before on TSR, basically the same discussion we're having now!!
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just as well I'm at uni then.
do you know the Jacobs?
FrisbeeFan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gordon2002)
do you know the Jacobs?
Well, I know Matt is good friends with Matthew. Are you the younger brother then?

Lucy would be the one you saw at violin lessons. Mrs Mann married Mr Bridle by the way - did you know? I can't believe what a coincidence it is, bumping into someone who not only goes to Beaumont but also went to Fleetville!
Sync
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The latest is that they're going to start attacking the blaze at midnight. I've just been down there and it's mad - you can't get anywhere near as it's all sealed off and there's people taking pics/video everywhere. The emergency sirens are still going off, and there's hundreds of Police....absolutely amazed there's no fatalities. Shame they're being evacuated to Leisure World....that place is hell on earth!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I live in Bucks (near the herts border). My mum and dad were both woken up by it this morning. And the smoke is blowing right in the direction of my house. great!
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
People in my town heard the explosion partly and we live about 70miles from the place of the explosion,
There was a sense of petrol in the air aswell earlier tonight, could just be coincidence thoe.
petrolxfumes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They've closed schools back in like chorleywood, like St Clement Danes, & in Rickmansworth, yet schools which are nearer hemel are open apparently.. swear some of the harpenden and st albans schools which are nearer hemel are open?

I think its more of the case that theyre not sure what teachers will be able to get in from transport issues.

Anyone see Andy Dicker & Andy Ash's home video footage on the TV? Legends!!
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They started pouring 32,000 litres of foam a minute on the fire at 8.30 this morning....lets see how it goes...
petrolxfumes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Optimistically they say by mid-afternnon it will be out..
i highly doubt this though.
supercat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm off school. The sky is blue and I can see no smoke. And apparently the roads have been opened again. Really, there's no reason for me to be at home, but I'm not complaining
Luvbug
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Shame they're being evacuated to Leisure World....that place is hell on earth!
The life of an evacuee isn't that bad. They are getting free screenings of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and free pizza from pizza hut!

I honestly don't know why my school is closed today. Everyone could get in and I bet there isn't any smoke near it. Anyhoo I don't mind because I got to have a lie in today!

I'm off school. The sky is blue and I can see no smoke. And apparently the roads have been opened again. Really, there's no reason for me to be at home, but I'm not complaining
Same. I could totally have gone to school today. In fact I reckon half the schools that are shut could have been opened today. But then again my school does shut at the drop of a hat. (which means more days off for us!!!)
supercat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ahh, Leisureworld. I always used to get stuck on the slides in Aquasplash
Bobbie W
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Way more than 1/2 the schools are shut my sisters is shut and thats in st albans. Though about the explosion I live 2 miles from it and i didnt even wake up. thank god for double glazing. And well said about leisure world the place is a hole, its like a great big gentlemans lavatory <***> luton or even a gentlemans lavatory in luton (but that could be a little harsh)
petrolxfumes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I used to hate aquasplash!
What schools are you all at then?
I might actualy go up to jarman park or whatever its called later to try and blag some free pizza. mmm pizza. I haven't been there in years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
30%
No (42)
70%

Watched Threads