Turn on thread page Beta

Explosion in St Albans area watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    you lucky devil, its gone down hill, badly, apparently the police hae designated it a no go area.

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious? Lordy.

ReputationRep:
    The news are reporting petrol panic-buying already!

Im going to fill up today lol hysteria always makes for good news fodder! :rolleyes:

Then idiots like Fiona Phillips off GMTV will have something to write in her newspaper column, how petrol panic-buyers are the scum of the earth and absolute cretins for believing the petrol will EVER run out like she did last time there was fear over how much was available. :eek: She is one smart lady :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There were queues for petrol yesterday on my way to work.
    I just left the house for the first time in daylight and saw a huge cloud of black smoke. lovelyyy. Apparently my school might be closed tomorow too.. pointless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petrolxfumes)
    Apparently my school might be closed tomorow too.. pointless!
    lol, I know.

All the schools in st.albans are closed apart from one, and I don't think there's even a reason why the schools are closed as the sky is now clear and the air smells fine.

Unless the government aren't telling us everything!!

ReputationRep:
    Well you know I did hear that the smoke was infiltrated with an unknown compound that makes you turn green and sneeze fairies but that could just be a rumour.

For Gods sake! It's ridiculous! I reckon all of us could be at school today! (I am kind of peeved in a way because we have a drama exam on wednesday and reeeally need to practise- we were going to be practising today) But I got a lie in and have gotten some work done so it's been a good day alltogether. What would make it complete is a nice pile of bacon sandwiches!

ReputationRep:
    man im craving a bacon sandwich now!

ReputationRep:
    ^Lol nice username.

I think it's all very suspect how there were reports of a plane,Hertfordshire police have spoken to terrorism experts and oil experts have said that large an explosion should never occur....intteresting.I feel there is something we are not being told.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrychocolate)
    ^Lol nice username.

I think it's all very suspect how there were reports of a plane,Hertfordshire police have spoken to terrorism experts and oil experts have said that large an explosion should never occur....intteresting.I feel there is something we are not being told.
    A plane!? In the sky!? Well I'm off to the bomb shelter right now! The fact that we are so close to Luton and London never crossed your mind then? :rolleyes:
    Experts say that it should never happen, not that it couldn't. Did you not read about the explosion in Texas that killed 15 workers at an oil refinery earlier this year?
    http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7006066
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInPortsmouth)
    A plane!? In the sky!? Well I'm off to the bomb shelter right now! The fact that we are so close to Luton and London never crossed your mind then? :rolleyes:
    Experts say that it should never happen, not that it couldn't. Did you not read about the explosion in Texas that killed 15 workers at an oil refinery earlier this year?
    http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7006066
    Yeah I know but it all just seems so weird...like,why would the police talk to anti-terrorism officers if there wasn't even a remote suspicion that it was terrorism?!

ReputationRep:
    Because it's a major incident, of course they are going to consult anti terrorism officers in the "current political climate". Everyone is on a hypo over terrorism at the moment and the police pretty much immediately said that they do not believe it to be terrorism but they should take every possibility into account. Much the same as they said they didn't believe it to be a plane crash, as the RAF and CAA reported no lost planes.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the fire's may be going out, but the smoke's much worse today. It's much more spread out and far lower. This is the smoke over my house (and trust me, it's a beautiful clear day just a few miles away). Worried that it'll fall as it gets colder - if so we're moving out!! Bloody stinks of diesel fumes too.....

All taken from my back door.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Where do you live? Bloody stinks outside where i am. I would take photos but got my cam nicked saturday night.. wanks.

It is highly unlikely that it has any links with terrorism... an oil place at 6am on a sunday mornign really isnt ideal if it was with an aim to cause maximum disruption.
    Clearly was an accident.. these things happen believe it or not - not everything has to be linked with terrorism.

And course there's gonna be planes.. airports all around the area - it makes sense.

Oh by the way, all the schools closed today will also be closed tomorow.

ReputationRep:
    Live in Bovingdon (where the market is).

ReputationRep:
    Oh right - I'm in Ricky but school in Watford yadda yadda.

ReputationRep:
    My school in South Bucks was open today but will be closed tomorrow by the Council. No real point, but I'm not complaining...

ReputationRep:
    My school is closed tomorrow too. And I am peeved. I need practise papers for the january exams from a teacher and I have a drama exam on Wednesday and we need to rehearse!!!!!! Oh well. More lie-ins I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyncMaster_770)
    Live in Bovingdon (where the market is).
    that's where all the counterfeit stuff is, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Yep - in fact, Bovingdon market's full of crap.....wonder if I can do my Christmas shopping there?

ReputationRep:
    lol

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.