Help please! biology

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Sophie
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
Biology Question (gcse)

gastrin is a hormone which stimulates the release of digestive juices by th stomach.

suggest why gastrin concentration is much higher in people who have eaten breakfast!

can someone please help me i am so stuck!

thanks xxx
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
they need more of it to digest (more) food.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
I think its because they havent eaten all night, so the gastrin levels are pretty low, and then suddenly you eat so a lot is produced...i dunno
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Sophie)
Biology Question (gcse)

gastrin is a hormone which stimulates the release of digestive juices by th stomach.

suggest why gastrin concentration is much higher in people who have eaten breakfast!

can someone please help me i am so stuck!

thanks xxx
Due to hormonal changes when ingesting food. Which produces more gastrin for digestion
X
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.41%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (69)
54.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.94%

Watched Threads