The officical ''I have an offer/ rejection'' thread Watch

sultank
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
please type
offer: xxx
course: xxx
college: xxx
when u get the offer or rejection. thought id start it off coz some people will get their replies next week!!! exciting can't wait to see if i get in or most probably not!!!
Che!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Might help if you could spell the title of the thread correctly! :p:
swander
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sultank)
please type
offer: xxx
course: xxx
college: xxx
when u get the offer or rejection. thought id start it off coz some people will get their replies next week!!! exciting can't wait to see if i get in or most probably not!!!
Unless you applied for geography, I wouldn't hold your breath.
Unpossible
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can I just stick my rejection up pre-emptively?
robinm
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by swander)
Unless you applied for geography, I wouldn't hold your breath.
This might be slightly tangential, but seeing as you go to Latymer, do you know Harry Giles?
centime
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
_____Can I just stick my rejection up pre-emptively?_____________

Come on people, what happened to positive thinking? I heard that all subjects try and send out rejections/offers by 17th Dec- does this sound about right to anyone?
(Admittedly I also heard the horror stories about people getting their rejections on Dec 24th- way to wreck your xmas!! Fingers crossed we get the replies before then, lol.)
Cunning Linguist
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Commiserations to people whose X-Mas will be spoilt because of rejections! it's a good job i don't celebrate it!
Als
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would also like to pre-empt a rejection. I ****ed up the interview something rotten, and I don't mean like 'I quoted x instead of y' or some other trivial ****-upage, I mean I didn't answer a single question with an answer beyond eight words, none of them very good, and I forgot a considerable amount of French so left huge gaps between words in a very embarrassing way. Still, I didn't like the tutor at all, and since she's the only one who teaches French at my college, I'm not devastated that I won't be taught by her.
Cunning Linguist
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by vonderlust)
I would also like to pre-empt a rejection. I ****ed up the interview something rotten, and I don't mean like 'I quoted x instead of y' or some other trivial ****-upage, I mean I didn't answer a single question with an answer beyond eight words, none of them very good, and I forgot a considerable amount of French so left huge gaps between words in a very embarrassing way. Still, I didn't like the tutor at all, and since she's the only one who teaches French at my college, I'm not devastated not to be taught by her.
you applied for French with Linguistics right? if so, tell me how it went (it'd be best if u do it on the other thread!)
pinkfairylights
Report 13 years ago
premature?? replies are being posted 1st class on friday!! (well at least they are at Jesus, there was a sign in the JCR ) So thats Saturday morning quite likely... so near yet so far PFL xxx
Jammertal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wilbur, what are you applying for at Merton? And who told you?
eleri
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by vonderlust)
Still, I didn't like the tutor at all, and since she's the only one who teaches French at my college, I'm not devastated not to be taught by her.
Which college?
sultank
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by pinkfairylights)
premature?? replies are being posted 1st class on friday!! (well at least they are at Jesus, there was a sign in the JCR ) So thats Saturday morning quite likely... so near yet so far PFL xxx
wasnt the JCR at jesus class.......TEAM AMERICA LOL.......and everyone was well friendly, unfortunate i aint gonna b there next yr! :confused: :confused:
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wilbur)
Wow, that seems early. What subject is that for? At merton I was told decisions would take a few weeks. Mayb they're speedy at Jesus Best of luck!
First class next Friday is the same for St John's, so it's not just Jesus!
wilbur
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jammertal)
wilbur, what are you applying for at Merton? And who told you?
English. The Oxbridge person at my school said that Oxford responses usually arrived around Christmas, although from what I'm reading in this thread, this might not be the case. Are people expecting responses earlier than this?
Teebs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't want an offer/rejection on Saturday, want one now!

Actually I don't want a rejection at all, but that's not the point.
Calymath
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wadham are sending out offers/rejections on the 15th/16th :eek:

Ah well, at least it'll be only a week to wait.
Che!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wadham are sending them out this Friday too!
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Every college sends out the offers first class on Friday afternoon, therefore the first people will know in 6 days time
tenjon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Calymath)
Wadham are sending out offers/rejections on the 15th/16th :eek:.
:eek: indeed

Glad to hear Wadham are a bit speedier with offers/rejections than they were with interview invitations!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (203)
27.58%
No (533)
72.42%

Watched Threads