The officical ''I have an offer/ rejection'' thread Watch

kitsune
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i know further away... my mum wants to stay in Madrid so they can visit me once a month! but I bet that in London it will more likely the same... and they can just stay in 5* hotel and then they say I'm wasting money :eek:
RxB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you're making out like telling your parents you're dyslexic is like telling your parents you're gay

what tests did you get done?
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
mmm yeah... I mean... well no... being gay is more important... (I think, for them) but they will get angry with both of them :p:

just simple ones... I have a friend that is a doctor... and he told me I have to visit him at the hospital to make more in depth tests to see the level I've got or something like that...
RxB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you're getting dyslexia tests at a hospital? wtf?
chocolatecheese
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kitsune)
I cannot believe it! I'm happy! lol! I'm surprised! I havent cried yet! but my mum just pissed me off... I gave her the souvenir book I bought from Oxford (plus the pencil, the mint chocolate chips,etc) and she was like... ohhh why do you give me this? to cry? and I'm like... what? and she said... it's a pity you havent prepared yourself in the last two years for the interview... coz you could actually be studying here... and I was like... WTF??? If you wanted it that much... you should have sent me to Eton or Fettes College... and she was like... well if Oxford would have accept you, it would have been a mistake or the education has very low standards and I'm like WTF???!!! I told you to send me to a British boarding school since I was 12!!! and that never happened... and she said... your dad and I have never done anything with you that you didnt like and I'm like yeah... but neither things I WANTED!!! She really pissed me off!!! She's all day saying I dont work hard enough... and then suddently one day she says... but do not stress yourself out!!!

This hasnt got to do with anything here... but I was quite angry! Should I tell her I'm dyslexic? I just found that out the other day!!! I thought everyone had problems with right/left and letters order and stuff like that! I'm going to watch Love Actually or something and cry :p:
Im really sorry to here about your bad news but at least you are happy
I mean no disrespect to your mum.... but what she said was so harsh! there was no need for her to say that at all....if my mum had said that to me i would refuse to speak to her again.
She is obviously upset, so dont take what she has said to heart...
she'll get over it!
the most important thing is that you dont let it get you down
Good luck for everything in the future, no matter what you chose to do
Ariadne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
that's why I thought! She said literally: "You should have prepared harder this two years FOR the interview" I thought you could not prepared yourself for the interview!
Aww...kitsune... :hugs: :hugs: Ah well, you're in good company - all the best people get rejected :p: (my way of staying nice and positive). And yeah, don't bother trying to prepare for it - tried, tested and FAILED for me!
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alex_ramsay)
Aww...kitsune... :hugs: :hugs: Ah well, you're in good company - all the best people get rejected :p: (my way of staying nice and positive). And yeah, don't bother trying to prepare for it - tried, tested and FAILED for me!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh :hugs: I'm ok today... yesterday I was quite down but today I'm ok! I have to start revising Physics so I get an A and go to Imperial

--------------

(Original post by RxB)
you're getting dyslexia tests at a hospital? wtf?
well he works in a hospital... so I go there and he talks to whatever he needs to talK! I dont know... I dont think I'll do them ... it's not nothing special... I just have to check what I write and that's it :p:
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chocolatecheese)
Im really sorry to here about your bad news but at least you are happy
I mean no disrespect to your mum.... but what she said was so harsh! there was no need for her to say that at all....if my mum had said that to me i would refuse to speak to her again.
She is obviously upset, so dont take what she has said to heart...
she'll get over it!
the most important thing is that you dont let it get you down
Good luck for everything in the future, no matter what you chose to do
she is stupid! Everything I do is wrong... if I wear this or that, if I say this or that, the way I say it, the way I drink water, the amount of time I study, if I do sports, if I dont do, sports if I do THAT sport, if I go to London, if I stay in Madrid... ARGHHHHHHH!!!

Today I'm ok! I FEEL HAPPY!!! VERY HAPPY INDEED!!! and I'm SOOOO happy you guys got in... really happy!

btw, I have to talk to my parents, otherwise no money = I cannot study :p:
Manifest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
she is stupid!
No she isn't. If I were you I won't say that in a public forum.
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
?¿?¿? Why? She knows she is stupid... if she calls me "maricón de mierda" and my dad "hijo de puta" I can call her whatever I want... and then sometimes they ask me... diego... dont you have feeling for us?? lol!!! It's so funny! Thank god they have money otherwise they wouldnt almost have a son :p:
Rofl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by che_guevara)
EVERYONE POSITIVE REP KITSUNE! He is in need of emotional support etc...poor guy!
Dude, do you think you could make your signature a little less obvious?
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
?¿?¿?¿?¿ He didnt put that in his sig ... :confused:

ok... now I got it, it has nothing to do with me... well.. HE IS OVEREXCITED ABOUT HIS OFFER WHICH IS SOOOOOOOOO COOL! Let him be happy and promote it
Che!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Toned down, especially for you ROFL

Glad to hear you're feeling better Kitsune! It's Xmas tomorrow, after all! :xmas:
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah!!! ALL I WANT FOR XMAS IS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you, f*ucking Oxford offer! lol! :p: ) I'm ok... I talked today with my dad (well... sort of... he was laying down on my bed while I was reading in the sofa...) and I have three options: stay in Madrid and change degree, stay in Madrid with the same degree or go to ICL... and we went over the pros and cons
Che!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah!!! ALL I WANT FOR XMAS IS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you, f*ucking Oxford offer! lol! :p: ) I'm ok... I talked today with my dad (well... sort of... he was laying down on my bed while I was reading in the sofa...) and I have three options: stay in Madrid and change degree, stay in Madrid with the same degree or go to ICL... and we went over the pros and cons
....and what conclusion did you come to?
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by richardrox)
In this year's Sunday Times University ranking, Imperial was either fourth or fifth in the UK, after Oxbrigde and LSE, so it's a fantatsic uni. Ignore anyone who tells you it's not world renowed - it's 11th best in the world!
supposed to be first one in Europe and fifth in the world for Engineering

--------------

(Original post by che_guevara)
....and what conclusion did you come to?
he came to the conclusion that whatever I do I have to study hard this year (although he actually calls this a gap year!) so people dont think that I left that course/university coz I didnt pass many subjects... always thinking in what other people may say! grrr :mad:
Daddio
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Maths
Trinity
AAA

Havent seen any other Trinitarians around???
fatboy06
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Congratulations
Affectation
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Manifest)
No she isn't. If I were you I won't say that in a public forum.
sorry if this is rather off-topic but I happened to notice you applied to Fitzwilliam college where one of my best mates is at!
He loves it there
YouKnewThat!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Zahra7fold)
sorry if this is rather off-topic but I happened to notice you applied to Fitzwilliam college where one of my best mates is at!
He loves it there
I was reading your sig..

So what are your gcse/as grades??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1385)
79.55%
Leave (356)
20.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed