Breath Test - I Failed Watch

El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
But they recalibrated it and i passed. Which was good as i've not touched any alcohol for over a week since our crimbo dinner. Damn random breathalysing.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
But they recalibrated it and i passed. Which was good as i've not touched any alcohol for over a week since our crimbo dinner. Damn random breathalysing.
:eek: I bet you were soiling yourself when they said you'd failed!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
:eek: I bet you were soiling yourself when they said you'd failed!
its fair to say i no longer had an urge for the toilet
thomasp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you fail the breath test and you get arrested, can you then demand a blood test to confirm the result of the breathalyser?
El Stevo
Rep:
?
i presume they'll do a blood/urine test anyway at la police station.
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
i presume they'll do a blood/urine test anyway at la police station.
they use another breath tester. blood tests are available but i think they only use them under certain circumstances
sanelunatic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you get stopped for drink driving and the machine says ur over... They cant use that in court, they have to take another test at the station, hence them trying to get you back to the station ASAP so you dont drop below the limit.

Wasting time is an option. (Of course I would not condone it in any shape or form)
smellysocks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, they use a more accurate breath tester at the station, a huge machine!

They wont be happy if you ask for a blood test! If the second machine says you are over the limit, then you almost certainly are!

Drink driving is just stupid, there arent many things that annoy me, but drink driving, fog lights and people that ride up my bum are three of them!
networkingNut
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i dont agree with it in the slightest. I think ( not meant to be personal) that if you drink and get caught then its ure own fault

Drink driving is just stupid, there arent many things that annoy me, but drink driving, fog lights and people that ride up my bum are three of them!
i second that ( after adding speeding to the list)
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MorbidAngel)
they use another breath tester. blood tests are available but i think they only use them under certain circumstances
Yep! They use one on the scene and then do it again what they arrest you and take you to the station. In fact its a really screwed up situation.

The alcohol level must be below 35 on the street and below 40 at the station. Take a fag, add 5 minutes of waiting. Say you just had a drink, andd a further 15 minutes! It pays to no people in the force
JayD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A blood test is only performed under circumstances where a Police Surgeon judges you as unfit to blow into the machine. If you still refuse even if the Doc says your fit you are looking at failure to provide charges which carry a greater possible penalty and the magistrates tend to maul people for it. Wasting time ... not a great idea especially as it would take an hour to decrease your blood alcohol levels by aprox 1 unit. Roughly speaking limit is 2 units. So it would take a lot of time killing and you wouldn't be able to pull that off. On the flip side it takes time for alcohol to be absorbed so your levels could have risen during the time you have killed.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads