Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I see one more woman falsely claim to be single and cheat on her boyfriend/husband with one of my friends, I may have to smack someone.

I was under the impression that guys cheated and lied like no other, but apparently they could learn a thing or two from the girls.

It's no less wrong when guys do it. But I don't think it's much of a surprise to find a guy like that, so you know to be on your guard. Since when did guys have to be conscious of the fact that any girl they meet might be lying about being involved elsewhere? Have I missed something, being in relationships for many years, or has it always been this way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    Since when did guys have to be conscious of the fact that any girl they meet might be lying about being involved elsewhere?
    You've got to be naive to think that only guys are supposed to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    Mum and I were just talking about it while washing up. According to some stats she saw, women cheat even more often then men (esp. when married).

ReputationRep:
    I kinda find your thread title offensive, because of course women "cheat and lie", but the fact that you made it gender-specific makes it a bit insulting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icy Ghost)
    I kinda find your thread title offensive, because of course women "cheat and lie", but the fact that you made it gender-specific makes it a bit insulting.
    :ditto:
    Sounds like you're really pi$$ed. Not ALL women cheat and lie.

ReputationRep:
    You've got to be naive to think that only guys are supposed to cheat.
    I didn't say that anyone was supposed to cheat, or that either sex was the only one doing it. I said I was surprised at the extent to which I've found women doing it.

--------------

If women do cheat and lie then there's nothing wrong with the title. I made it gender-specific because the thread contains thoughts on women cheating and lying, not men. It is a gender-specific thread.

--------------

(Original post by hugatree)
    Mum and I were just talking about it while washing up. According to some stats she saw, women cheat even more often then men (esp. when married).
    I'm compelled to ask why, but it's no different a question as to why men cheat so much, and I've never heard a good answer to that one either.

There are situations where people are in unhappy relationships, and when there is someone new and feelings get involved, things can happy. But surely it's different when it's completely random and meaningless?

Perhaps it is naive to think that women would cheat any less than men. I guess I always saw women as taking relationships and commitment more seriously than men. Certainly knowing almost all of my male friends vs female friends.

ReputationRep:
    Have I missed something, being in relationships for many years, or has it always been this way?
    Well, there was the sixties. :rolleyes: Jeez, have you just made a list of I've-been-in-a-relationship-for-ages-and-am-quite-frankly-shocked-at-what-the-crazy-kids-are-up-to-nowadays threads? Get a blog or something... It doesn't affect you what other people do with their own lives. You don't know the circumstances of each individual incident. You're sounding a lot like one of those people who expects a lot from other people without necessarily earning or deserving it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    It doesn't affect you what other people do with their own lives. You don't know the circumstances of each individual incident
    How does it not affect me? I couldn't give a **** what other people do with their lives. I'm, selfishly, talking about my own life.

ReputationRep:
    How does it not affect me? I couldn't give a **** what other people do with their lives.
    I think you've just answered your own question.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it is naive to think that women would cheat any less than men. I guess I always saw women as taking relationships and commitment more seriously than men. Certainly knowing almost all of my male friends vs female friends.
    welcome to reality :rolleyes:

If women do cheat and lie then there's nothing wrong with the title. I made it gender-specific because the thread contains thoughts on women cheating and lying, not men. It is a gender-specific thread.
    Yes, but not all women cheat and lie. You should have titled it something along the lines of "Women WHO cheat and lie".
    :rolleyes:

I agree with englishstudent, you can't know the circumstances of each person.
    If you've had any bad experiences, then I sympathise.

ReputationRep:
    welcome to reality :rolleyes:
    That may be your reality, but throughout my life if there's been someone cheated on or lied to in my circle of friends, it's been a girl almost every time.

Yes, but not all women cheat and lie. You should have titled it something along the lines of "Women WHO cheat and lie".
    :rolleyes:
    Alright, fine, sorry. SOME women cheat and lie. Have you nothing better to do than argue about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zurich)
    That may be your reality, but throughout my life if there's been someone cheated on or lied to in my circle of friends, it's been a girl almost every time.
    OK, welcome to another reality then.
    Alright, fine, sorry. SOME women cheat and lie. Have you nothing better to do than argue about that?
    That's better. I just found it offending that's all...

ReputationRep:
    It's no less wrong when guys do it. But I don't think it's much of a surprise to find a guy like that, so you know to be on your guard. Since when did guys have to be conscious of the fact that any girl they meet might be lying about being involved elsewhere?
    Hah. Ok...so what you're saying is its ok for girls to worry about that all the time but i mean guys..:eek: who would have thought that the same could have been done to them? This comment makes it sound like your woman should know her place tbh, and quite frankly makes you look like an ass.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody is tempted to cheat one time or another.

Its just become alot more accepted these days.

ReputationRep:
    Damn women :p:
    Especially that it's traditionally the men who take them out to dinner, buy them stuff, etc

ReputationRep:
    your generalsing far too much, i could go on and on about the amount of my friends who have been cheated on by guys but not all men are like that, just like not all women cheat. its a shame your friends have been cheated on by girls but my god not all are like that. your having a general rantyness day today arent you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Hah. Ok...so what you're saying is its ok for girls to worry about that all the time but i mean guys..:eek: who would have thought that the same could have been done to them? This comment makes it sound like your woman should know her place tbh, and quite frankly makes you look like an ass.
    When did I say it's ok for girls? This has just become the thread for people to put words in my mouth. It's no worse that guys should have to worry about this, I was simply saying I was surprised at the extent to which I've found girls cheating and lying in the last few days. I said nothing as pathetic as guys shouldn't have to worry about this.

I can't even be bothered to justify myself any more, put all the words you like in my mouth and think what you want.

--------------

(Original post by BhArJ)
    Everybody is tempted to cheat one time or another.

Its just become alot more accepted these days.
    Who accepts it, though?

ReputationRep:
    everyone accepts it you just have to move on, it hurts like hell but you acept it and move on in time.

ReputationRep:
    Who accepts it, though?
    Women apparantly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    When did I say it's ok for girls? This has just become the thread for people to put words in my mouth. It's no worse that guys should have to worry about this, I was simply saying I was surprised at the extent to which I've found girls cheating and lying in the last few days. I said nothing as pathetic as guys shouldn't have to worry about this.

I can't even be bothered to justify myself any more, put all the words you like in my mouth and think what you want.
    you actually said "since when did guys have worry..."

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2005
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.