Help Advice Needed! Watch

Evenstar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Does anyone know if when you apply to a university, they can see whether you have been to any other unis in the past. I'm not being clear; I'll explain the situation:
I (up until fairly recently) was a bit of a flake; didn't know what I wanted to do, dabbled in all sorts of jobs and courses etc.
I started a degree course in psychology at my local uni, but lost interest and didn't complete it (or achieve good marks, due to the lack of motivation factor). Obviously I'm not counted as a graduate because I didn't graduate! But will the fact that I started this course/been a university student previously show up when I apply in the future.
I really don't want my past mistakes to overshadow my future.
Can anyone shed any light?
Ribbons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im not at all sure...if its the same uni, i wouldve thought they would know?
also you would need a reference from your current/past uni wouldnt you?
and then you enter your previous application number on ucas form too. and i think the uni you apply to now would like to know what you did in all those years? How much the unis will be able to find out of their own accord, im not at all sure.....but good luck!
Evenstar
Rep:
?
(Original post by PSdilemma)
Im not at all sure...if its the same uni, i wouldve thought they would know?
also you would need a reference from your current/past uni wouldnt you?
and then you enter your previous application number on ucas form too. and i think the uni you apply to now would like to know what you did in all those years? How much the unis will be able to find out of their own accord, im not at all sure.....but good luck!
I wouldn't be applying to the same uni. Basically, I want to make a fresh start without my past mistakes haunting me. I'm a different person now and the subject I hope to do is not related at all to the subject I started way back when. It's competetive enough applying to uni- I want to be judged on what I achieve that is relevant to what I want to do (if you see what I mean!).
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They would know, but lots of people drop out so it's not necessarily bad. And in your PS you can waffle about what you've learnt from it and things! Don't worry about it.
Evenstar
Rep:
?
Right, I have emailed UCAS with my long, rambly question. They should be able to give me a clear and definite answer (if they're still awake when they've finished reading my email!).
Don't know why I didn't do that in the first place!
But thanks guys for trying to help xx
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've dropped out and reapplied, so I do know what I'm talking about :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?