Turn on thread page Beta

Shaving vs Waxing vs Cream watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ello there! I've always thought that waxing is better than shaving BUT I've heard that waxing bad for you in the long term. I've found that some people shave their legs every 3 days :eek: Do you think its just dependant on how fast your hair grows? I've always found that cream does the same job as shaving - it never goes down into the roots!

ReputationRep:
    Umm...cream isnt meant to go into the roots....

ReputationRep:
    Well for legs i shave, for my bikini line i use cream, I would wax but its too expensive to get it done professionally and I would trust myself to DIY wax.I shave my legs every couple of days if im going to be wearing a skirt

ReputationRep:
    For legs, definitely shaving.

ReputationRep:
    i shave my legs every other day

ReputationRep:
    For legs? Shaving. Because I'm cheap.

Nah, I just think shaving does a good job and you can do it quickly. Creams and wax are too much hassle for legs.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    shavin is ok for legs but cream is best 4 biniki. waxin hurts so much

ReputationRep:
    Well at one point i did start using wax but then I decided that it's best to get it profeshionally done - so now I've decided that as soon as i finish at uni and get a decent job, I'll do it at a beauty salon. So its shaving for me for now!

ReputationRep:
    i shave my legs every other day, and use cream on my bikini line.

i can't DIY wax very well and i am not willing to pay salon prices

ReputationRep:
    i waxed my legs myself once and it wasnt as hard or as painful as i though. and my legs were nice and smooth for quite a long time. but usually i just shave, its quickest and easiest!

another common method and very good method is threading (most asians use it!) but dman its painful! more so than waxing i think!

ReputationRep:
    i shave my legs its easier than quicker than using cream but i'm a wimp so i wouldn't wax them any way. i use cream for my bikini line.

ReputationRep:
    I shave my legs once a week and wax/cream a brazillian style every week.

ReputationRep:
    Threading is best used for facial hair since it takes quite a long time to do - I get my eyebrows threaded and I agree that it's quite painful.

I've used them all - creams are a nightmare. Blech. And they smell. So, I usually just wax at home

ReputationRep:
    Waxing, because I'm too lazy to shave often!

ReputationRep:
    threading isn't that painful once you get in the habit of getting it done, i agree its better for facial hair though! (especially 4 shaping eyebrows...its so accurate)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafz)
    i waxed my legs myself once and it wasnt as hard or as painful as i though. and my legs were nice and smooth for quite a long time. but usually i just shave, its quickest and easiest!

another common method and very good method is threading (most asians use it!) but dman its painful! more so than waxing i think!
    :eek: you can thread your legs??? Never heard of that - I know you cando it on your face but can you really do it on your legs?!?!

ReputationRep:
    sorry to err sound stupid... but what is threading?

ReputationRep:
    Its another way of waaxing - but without the wax lol. Its one of those things where you have to see it to know how it works. I think they twist threads next to your hair and the threads are meant to catch the hair and pull them out. I'm sure someone else can explain it better than me :s: Sorry if I've just confused you lol

ReputationRep:
    there are two threads, and the threads are twisted close to the hair, the hair gets caught up and you pull..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2005
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.