ilickbatteries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
My A2 English Language & Literature (Edexcel) exam clashes with my A2 Psychology Unit 4 exam on the morning of June 21st.

Just found out that we're sitting English first, having a 45 minute lunch, then sitting Psychology in the afternoon.

Only allowed to leave the room for the toilet, completely supervised for 5 hours and 30 minutes!

Worst thing is, we're sitting it in the sports hall that has no windows. Basically locked in a box for the whole day. What a way to spend the last day of college :rolleyes:

Anyone had worse? Make me feel better please!
Jakaroo94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had to spend four hours on my own with an invigilator, at first I thought it would be fine, but it really was painfully boring. I just went to sleep after doing half an hour's worth of revision. To add to the stress I had to wear an attractive 'CLASH CANDIDATE' badge. Hahaha.
Leeshur
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
2hrs in English Lit like everyone else on Monday. I feel so sorry for you. D:
lozzyhickers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've never had any clashes, but my first exam is 2 and 3/4 hours, which is pretty tough, as they're just essay questions, so no relief! And my bf has extra time, so he's there for nearly 3.5hours.

Best of luck to you! I'm doing that Psych exam too, so I will be feeling for you!
Martik
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some girl I know has 4 and a half hours nonstop tomorrow..
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've done three hours at once a number of times, though I've never had any clashes really. (Had to do some maths exams back to back, but they're 1h30m anyway so it doesn't matter.)
HK1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Last year i spent 2 and a half hours doing an exam. Had my lunch in the room. Then did a 90 min Geography exam. Pretty much spent the whole school day in one small room.
chinaberry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There were some people who did German yesterday, then had to stay after 3:30 to take Geography. Didn't envy them! Specially since you have to learnt stuff for both. If it had been English Lit or something...it wouldn't have been that bad.

Good luck OP

Edit: I guess people are getting all indignant because I'm putting English Lit down. Well, I'm not. There's a big difference in the amount to learn for Geography and English Lit (not Lang), where you can think on your feet, pretty much, beyond memorising the syllabus.
TizzWazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Longest exam was 4hours and 15minutes. My brain went totally dead after. Damn you media
studentccs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know someone who had extra time for physics, business studies, and a YE exam the other day! Don't know quite how long that was, but was in the hall the whole day! So glad that wasn't me!
swallow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ilickbatteries)
My A2 English Language & Literature (Edexcel) exam clashes with my A2 Psychology Unit 4 exam on the morning of June 21st.

Just found out that we're sitting English first, having a 45 minute lunch, then sitting Psychology in the afternoon.

Only allowed to leave the room for the toilet, completely supervised for 5 hours and 30 minutes!

Worst thing is, we're sitting it in the sports hall that has no windows. Basically locked in a box for the whole day. What a way to spend the last day of college :rolleyes:

Anyone had worse? Make me feel better please!
8 hour exam for as art but i also had one same length forGCSE art
Aj12
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
around 5 hours. Film Studies followed by history
bonana567
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
had to stay round an invigilator's house once, so i guess you could say 20+ hours haha!
Ras17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Leeshur)
2hrs in English Lit like everyone else on Monday. I feel so sorry for you. D:
2 hrs isn't that bad. We had a 2 1/2 hour English Lang/Lit paper to sit at at 8:30 in the morning. The worst part is... it wasn't enough time.
misst911
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At least you can use the loo.
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Two days ago:

Exam from 11.00 to 12.00

Quarantined from 12.00 to 13.30

Exam from 13.30 to 16.00

Fun times. :sigh:
blahhh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Someone in my year during A2 had to stay at a teachers house overnight :p:
ilyking
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
2.5 hours

GCSE english lang/lit
Forever a Gnome
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There was the 10 hour gcse art exam... but more recently last year AS RS which is 3 hours (philosophy and ethics) clashed with chemistry which was an hour and a half so had to have supervised time in between, was a lark...
somebodytoldmexo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've heard some horror stories about people having to stay round a teachers house due to having three exams that clashed...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (43)
14.88%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (94)
32.53%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (36)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (24)
8.3%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.88%
I think it's an unfair expectation (72)
24.91%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed