Hearing your parents having sex. Watch

This discussion is closed.
justbrowsing
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Golly, that's gross. Fortunately, I was sent off to boarding school at seven so I never had to endure anything like that.

Stick a note under their bedroom door, or better still, as their bedroom is directly above yours, bang on the ceiling everytime it happens. Sorry to sound rude but i think it a little disturbing that they dont take further precautions to ensure that their child doesnt hear this.
smoomoo
Report 13 years ago
i alway hear my mum her 4 poster bed is against my room and clinks agaanst the wall. its total hell i always try to cough really loud to show im awake! it makes me cry! i dunno why but its just horrible.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by loobylou1987)
i understand but should you not feel grateful, you have parents in good relationship-it makes a diff to ur life too. its only natural!
I'm very grateful that my parents (seem to) have a good healthy loving relationship. But I don't need to hear them having sex to prove it, and I'm sure the OP doesn't need that as "proof" either!

Fortunately I've never heard mine, but just as anyone in halls would get pissed off if the people next door had loud sex all the time, I think you have just as much, if not more, right to be pissed off about this one.
Legend22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by smoomoo)
i alway hear my mum her 4 poster bed is against my room and clinks agaanst the wall. its total hell i always try to cough really loud to show im awake! it makes me cry! i dunno why but its just horrible.
You really need to find something to distract you from this. You don't need to upset yourself over it, as it will just make you unhappy. Do you have an MP3 Player or something? When your parents have sex, just put your MP3 on and it will drown out the sound and send you to sleep.
ice_cube
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kontroversial)
You really need to find something to distract you from this. You don't need to upset yourself over it, as it will just make you unhappy. Do you have an MP3 Player or something? When your parents have sex, just put your MP3 on and it will drown out the sound and send you to sleep.
But you still have the reminder of what you are blocking out... Lovely as it is to have loving parents, its not really what you want to hear anyone have noisy sex. Let alone your parents.
Legend22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ice_cube)
But you still have the reminder of what you are blocking out... Lovely as it is to have loving parents, its not really what you want to hear anyone have noisy sex. Let alone your parents.
Well in that case, you would need to mention to your parents to see if you are asleep before having sex. If it bothers someone so much, that they can't block it out then speaking to your parents is the best option anyone has.
chidori
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yucky...
fiesty_fox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really still can;t believe what some of you said, like "get over it" or saying that we are being "pathetic" ^o)
Hearing your parents have sex or saw your parents at it is count as child corruption, its like a child watching sex tape at 5 except that its live! :eek:
God this is really sickening

Seriously, listen to me, if it is really that bad SooMoo u really CANNOT SIT THERE AND SUFFER, Confront them!Do something about it! After that you will feel better and they will stop, well... upsetting you
Lady_Muck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
God, how horrible for you!! I'd die of embarrassment, parentals just do not have sex!! Not in my head they don't!! Fortunately I don't live with them most of the time so I wouldn't have to endure it. And I definitely know my mother had sex with my father twice in the later years to have my brother and I - she just didn't like him. Stepdad and her are literally obsessed though!

Golly, I'm sorry, I just wouldn't have a clue!
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fiesty_fox)
I really still can;t believe what some of you said, like "get over it" or saying that we are being "pathetic" ^o)
Hearing your parents have sex or saw your parents at it is count as child corruption, its like a child watching sex tape at 5 except that its live! :eek:
God this is really sickening

Seriously, listen to me, if it is really that bad SooMoo u really CANNOT SIT THERE AND SUFFER, Confront them!Do something about it! After that you will feel better and they will stop, well... upsetting you
The original poster purports to be undertaking a 'gap year': I hardly think her liable to be confronted by the immediate prospect of 'corruption'; not that any less-than discerning youth would so interpret such noises emanating from their parents' boudoir, in any event (nevermind the accompanying visual demonstration).

Don't be so preposterous.
Clairehayz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by brighton)
yes, it is for real...i was kind of hoping that other people would be in a similar position as me, but obviously not. This morning i heard them (at like 8am) so i just got up and had a bath to avoid hearing it, then later when i was in a bad mood with my mum (obvious reasons) she got really annoyed and stressed with me for not saying why i wasn't being very friendly to her. i was so tempted to jsut say why but then stopped myself as it would have been awkward. and i had to get ready for work so couldn't be bothered to talk to her about it then.
I have been in exactly the same situation since I was about 5!!! I always remeber them doing it and as I got older I realised actually what it was and it got to when I was about 14-ish and I couldn't take it anymore and told I heard them and that I found their toys etc in their cupboard (this cupboard has the fmaily photo album which I was looking at, just so you know how I found them!) And they have never been so embarassed! I told everyone, my mates, my mates' parents! I just hated them so much and hated it when I just wanted to shout at them each morning but just couldn't bring myslef to do it. They still do it now occasionally, and if they are loud I go the the toilet to let them know I can hear or I jus have sex my b/f the next day in revenge! :rolleyes:
xelprep
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's funny how some of you are so immature. If you went to the zoo and saw animals having sex would you start blushing, run away and vow never to enter another zoo again in your life?
~*Sweetness*~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by xelprep)
It's funny how some of you are so immature. If you went to the zoo and saw animals having sex would you start blushing, run away and vow never to enter another zoo again in your life?
Erm, seeing a bunch of animals having sex is ever so slightly different from hearing your parents at it :rolleyes:
Clairehayz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by xelprep)
Did you see anything? :rolleyes:

-

I can't believe this thread. Your upset because your parents are having a great time. If it bothers you that much why don't you just go into a room or outside where you can't hear them? Before anyone says, YES I have heard mine. I remember my mum once saying "why do we always have to do it like that? can't we do it like i like to for once?"
That's sick.
Legend22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~*Sweetness*~)
Erm, seeing a bunch of animals having sex is ever so slightly different from hearing your parents at it :rolleyes:
Exactly. Seeing two animals having sex it entirely different to hearing your parents having sex, it's not something you want to hear. And to all of the people saying it's selfish to be moaning about that, think of it if you had to lie their and listen to your parents, would you like it? No. I didn't think so.
alocin
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Parents are just people, they have sex sometimes. Big deal. If it doesn't disturb what you're doing then it shouldn't be a problem. It's another thing if you hear your mum shouting "Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes! **** me harder! Harder! **** me! **** me!" at top volume all day and all night, but if it's just a bit of creaking and springs now and then you really haven't got much to complain about.
Balfager
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Learn to enjoy it; jack off.

EDIT: Wait you're a girl so... Well, yeah.
demonbuttercup
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh my god that must have been mortifying, you have to say something. If it bothers you then you can't just let it carry on.
dave
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Remind me: in whose house are you domiciled, again?

Procure some earplugs, and stop being such a pathetic little ingrate. Really, the inveterate self-interest of some people never quite ceases to amaze.
A friend of mine lectures at the University of Kent. She told me once that the attitude demonstrated by the majority of respondents in this thread appeared to be prevalent amongst students - especially females. I never believed her. Until now.
She and her fellow lecturers are, undoubtedly by now, reading this thread and having a damn good laugh. As am I.
If it wasn't so selfish and mean-spirited, it would almost be amusing.
brighton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Thanks a lot Profesh, what sensitive words you utter! I may be taking a gap-year now, but me hearing them having sex is not just a recent thing. So although the recent events alone might not be enough to corrupt me, the earlier ‘events’ could potentially have done. I first heard them having sex when I was very young...say about 6/7, and I clearly knew what was going on. I felt sickened and disgusted knowing what they were doing, and it often made me very upset.

As I also mentioned, they've actually had sex when I've been in the same room as them, just metres away (I clearly remember one occasion when I was about 8). Despite me trying to interrupt by saying I couldn't sleep, they didn't stop. I honestly don’t think I’m being ungrateful or childish by thinking their actions are inconsiderate. If they know I’m awake, lying just metres away and clearly upset by what’s going on, I don’t see how you can say they’re doing nothing wrong

Oh, and enough of the ‘pathetic little ingrate’ comments please. I’m very grateful to be living at home and having a privileged life, I like my parents very much and am very glad they still love each other, but as Helenia said, I don’t need audio and/or visual proof of it when I’m trying to sleep.

I totally empathise with you Smoomoo (and others), my door rattles when they’re having sex. Lovely.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (69)
75%
No (23)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed