This discussion is closed.
Agrippina
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by pal_sch)
Souls are either non-existant or non-explicable, so don't even try.

There is no provable evidence for reincarnation and all the religions that believe in it say it is imposible to remember past lifes or prove someone is a reincarnation of someone else. Sounds like a cop out to me.
Hmmm... not sure i agree there. I read this fascinating book, "Past LIves, Future Lives" by Jenny Cockell. I'd highly recommend it!
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Hmmm... not sure i agree there. I read this fascinating book, "Past LIves, Future Lives" by Jenny Cockell. I'd highly recommend it!
If reincarnation is true wouldnt we all have been reincarnated from the same person once upon a time? So we are infact the same person!?? lol.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
If reincarnation is true wouldnt we all have been reincarnated from the same person once upon a time? So we are infact the same person!?? lol.
Not quite sure I understand the logic there... or am I just being thick?!
Custard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
seance??
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've heard lots of theorys, but none strike me as realistic. The people who claim to remember past lifes are going against most theorys and religions, as well as basic physics and biology.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
I've heard lots of theorys, but none strike me as realistic. The people who claim to remember past lifes are going against most theorys and religions, as well as basic physics and biology.
Well, it's good to go against these theories and religions from time to time, I say.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Not quite sure I understand the logic there... or am I just being thick?!
Originally we all came from the same microrganism.
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well, it's good to go against these theories and religions from time to time, I say.
I agree, thats the only way to live. Its also a definition of a science.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
I agree, thats the only way to live. Its also a definition of a science.
What, to question theories and religions?
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What, to question theories and religions?
Well, to question eveything realy. If it can't be proven, don't trust it. If it can be proven, chalenge it. Religions are the same, but have a extra clause; "but what we tell you is true and if you chalenge it you go tp hell"
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well, to question eveything realy. If it can't be proven, don't trust it. If it can be proven, chalenge it. Religions are the same, but have a extra clause; "but what we tell you is true and if you chalenge it you go tp hell"
Don't trust in logic, trust in Jesus.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Yeah, that's what i hate about religion.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
How did you work that out? Some religions believe in reincarnation.
lol...wasnt thinking of the wacky religions...just the monotheistic ones
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
Contradition in terms there.
should be;
wasnt thinking of all the wacky religions...just the monotheistic ones
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Judaism believes in reincarnation to a certain extent. Although i don't know if you classify Judaism as a "wacky religion"...
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Judaism believes in reincarnation to a certain extent. Although i don't know if you classify Judaism as a "wacky religion"...
Judaism is monotheistic...but yeah theyre all ''wacky''...to a certain extent...
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Hinduism and Buddhism are the supreme advocates of reincarnation - doctrines in which i personally believe - being a spiritual kind of guy! Nirvana ruled, rules and will always rule!!!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Judaism is monotheistic...but yeah theyre all ''wacky''...to a certain extent...
If you're that way inclined. But Judaism is a monotheistic religion that believes in reincarnation to a certain extent. Rendering your original statement to be false.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

That is not true, for most major religions. In a few fundamentalist churches it probably is nearing the truth, but your perception of religion is certainly over-simplified.

P.S. I think you are completely right that we should question everything, but if people feel that they gain something from religion, why not let them having it? It is not harming them in anyway, provided they are sensible about it, and they may find it helpful. And after all, you have no proof they are wrong. Don't forget that science still does not have all the answers. It might someday, but at the moment it still has to create something from nothing.
ram
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Reincarnation can't exist - there are more people being born than there are dying, so where are the extra souls coming from?

- God is creating more souls
- God is sending down more souls who have wanted "independence" only to know they will want to come back.

- Animals/plants being reborn as humans

Its quite simple to explain why more people are being born than r dying. Did you forget about all the souls in animals and plants?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads