The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aj12
Yeah, I can get one for 200 quid and I'm back from uni in 3 weeks for summer so will likely get it then.

£200 really?

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Games/PS3/Playstation-3-Slim-Console-160GB/product.html?product=E10365243
Reply 6522
My console (the 1st, big chunky 40GB one) got what I think is YLoD recently.

I have a friend who's fixed a couple of them, and he said he'd do it, so I gave it him and, long story short, it's still not fixed.

I've had it for a while but Sony offered to replace it with a new slimeline console for the fee of £110 [there or thereabouts]. Do you think that they would no longer do this due to me having been inside the console?

Thanks for any help
Original post by MHRed
My console (the 1st, big chunky 40GB one) got what I think is YLoD recently.

I have a friend who's fixed a couple of them, and he said he'd do it, so I gave it him and, long story short, it's still not fixed.

I've had it for a while but Sony offered to replace it with a new slimeline console for the fee of £110 [there or thereabouts]. Do you think that they would no longer do this due to me having been inside the console?

Thanks for any help

If I were Sony ... I would not!!! And I guess they wouldn't too... but since its out of the warranty period I guess anything goes !!! :smile:
:hi:
Demon's Souls platinum. :biggrin: It's a fun game. It's not easy but it's definitely not as hard as it's made out to be. Looking forward to picking up Dark Souls at some point soon. I want to get into the PvP side of the game. It's a shame Demon's Souls PvP is pretty much dead because I really enjoyed the little experience I had with it.
Original post by AugustWestie
Demon's Souls platinum. :biggrin: It's a fun game. It's not easy but it's definitely not as hard as it's made out to be. Looking forward to picking up Dark Souls at some point soon. I want to get into the PvP side of the game. It's a shame Demon's Souls PvP is pretty much dead because I really enjoyed the little experience I had with it.

:eek: I'm very impressed - I certainly felt that the game earned its reputation. You seem to be racking up the platinums very quickly - how many is that now?
Original post by Illusionary
:eek: I'm very impressed - I certainly felt that the game earned its reputation. You seem to be racking up the platinums very quickly - how many is that now?

I think most of the difficulty is from having to do the whole level again when you die, which seems more tedious than difficult to me. A lot of deaths can be avoided just by playing carefully and when you know the enemies patterns and learn what to expect it becomes quite easy. And then there's the bosses, which actually are quite difficult for the most part.

The first time I played the first level I got killed over and over again, then when I played it again in new game plus (enemies hit harder and have more HP) I managed to do it first time without dying at all (although that could have been something to do with having all of my equipment and my upgraded weapon. :tongue:

But that's 18 platinum trophies now. :biggrin:

The other day I tried going back to AC Revelations to get the platinum for that but I just gave up on getting 100% sync. I don't know how you managed it. :tongue: That's one trophy I definitely won't be getting.
I think most of the difficulty is from having to do the whole level again when you die, which seems more tedious than difficult to me. A lot of deaths can be avoided just by playing carefully and when you know the enemies patterns and learn what to expect it becomes quite easy. And then there's the bosses, which actually are quite difficult for the most part.

The first time I played the first level I got killed over and over again, then when I played it again in new game plus (enemies hit harder and have more HP) I managed to do it first time without dying at all (although that could have been something to do with having all of my equipment and my upgraded weapon. :tongue:

But that's 18 platinum trophies now. :biggrin:

The other day I tried going back to AC Revelations to get the platinum for that but I just gave up on getting 100% sync. I don't know how you managed it. :tongue: That's one trophy I definitely won't be getting.

That's a *lot* of platinums! :congrats: I've decided to make some progress on Rayman Origins (as well as getting myself back into Metroid to give my Wii some much-needed exercise :tongue:), though I'm not convinced that a platinum is feasible there. It's a fantastic game, though :yes:

What are you missing on the way to 100% sync on Revelations?
That's a *lot* of platinums! :congrats: I've decided to make some progress on Rayman Origins (as well as getting myself back into Metroid to give my Wii some much-needed exercise :tongue:), though I'm not convinced that a platinum is feasible there. It's a fantastic game, though :yes:

What are you missing on the way to 100% sync on Revelations?

I'm missing quite a few missions for 100% sync. I just can't be bothered going to all the effort of doing the extra objectives. I think the mission I tried the other day was one in sequence 3 where you have to make it through an underground lair without being detected. I don't like sitting around trying to think of a strategy to make it past all the guards without being noticed. Well, I don't mind trying, but I don't have the patience to have to do it all again when I inevitably get noticed. :redface:
I'm missing quite a few missions for 100% sync. I just can't be bothered going to all the effort of doing the extra objectives. I think the mission I tried the other day was one in sequence 3 where you have to make it through an underground lair without being detected. I don't like sitting around trying to think of a strategy to make it past all the guards without being noticed. Well, I don't mind trying, but I don't have the patience to have to do it all again when I inevitably get noticed. :redface:

Ah okay. I think that was one of the last that I managed - I was close enough to having everything at that point that it was worth my while. You could always use a guide, I suppose? :tongue:

What's your next 'project' then? I'm not seeing much in the way of upcoming new releases that interest me that much for a while :sad: (though bring on Tales of Graces F at some point this summer! :jive:)
Ah okay. I think that was one of the last that I managed - I was close enough to having everything at that point that it was worth my while. You could always use a guide, I suppose? :tongue:

What's your next 'project' then? I'm not seeing much in the way of upcoming new releases that interest me that much for a while :sad: (though bring on Tales of Graces F at some point this summer! :jive:)

I was actually reading about Tales of Graces f this morning. That kind of style doesn't usually appeal to me but the game looks interesting.

I don't have another game in mind yet. I still haven't managed to get into Deus Ex: HR yet because I really don't like the controls. After Demon's Souls I would like to play an RPG with a bit more in the way of a storyline but I'm not really sure what there is. I'll be playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning eventually but I want to wait until the price hits rock bottom, which probably won't take that long. :colone: I'll probably end up getting Dark Souls sometime next week if I can't think of anything before then.

And then I've still got Jak II and III to play but I'm not really in the mood to play those at the moment. :tongue:
I was actually reading about Tales of Graces f this morning. That kind of style doesn't usually appeal to me but the game looks interesting.

I don't have another game in mind yet. I still haven't managed to get into Deus Ex: HR yet because I really don't like the controls. After Demon's Souls I would like to play an RPG with a bit more in the way of a storyline but I'm not really sure what there is. I'll be playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning eventually but I want to wait until the price hits rock bottom, which probably won't take that long. :colone: I'll probably end up getting Dark Souls sometime next week if I can't think of anything before then.

And then I've still got Jak II and III to play but I'm not really in the mood to play those at the moment. :tongue:

Ah, yes - when you see that rock-bottom price, let me know - I could well be tempted as well.

Is that Jak II and III from the collection? That reminds me - the Ratchet collection is out soon :beard:
Ah, yes - when you see that rock-bottom price, let me know - I could well be tempted as well.

Is that Jak II and III from the collection? That reminds me - the Ratchet collection is out soon :beard:

Yeah, I got it a few weeks ago and then got distracted by something else. Finished the first one though. :biggrin: And yes, I almost forgot about that one!
Reply 6534
Completely off topic, but, Google Chrome doesn't seem to be working for me, comes up with: Error 103 (net::colone:RR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error. Whenever I try to open a webpage, although when I try to open BBC it appears with: Error 118 (net::colone:RR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.

IE works fine though. Anyone have ideas? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall without success.
Original post by dhr90
Completely off topic, but, Google Chrome doesn't seem to be working for me, comes up with: Error 103 (net::colone:RR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error. Whenever I try to open a webpage, although when I try to open BBC it appears with: Error 118 (net::colone:RR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.

IE works fine though. Anyone have ideas? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall without success.

Does this help? http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=136678 :dontknow:
Journey: One of the few places you can have a genuine emotional connection with a guy who identifies himself with the name xOx_gunzsniperelite_xOx
I've heard a lot of good things about Journey, but is it really worth the £10 price tag? Is there much scope for repeat playthroughs?
Original post by TheOneWho
I've heard a lot of good things about Journey, but is it really worth the £10 price tag? Is there much scope for repeat playthroughs?

Even if you only play it once, it is totally worth that £10.

The most beautiful game I have ever played.

Speaking of beautiful games, just finished Heavy Rain. The big twist had my jaw on the floor (although I really should have seen it coming). Awesome game.

Also finished Uncharted 3 a while ago, again love it to bits! Now just got to play 1 and 2. :tongue:

Think I made the right decision to get a PS3 :smile:
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Even if you only play it once, it is totally worth that £10.

The most beautiful game I have ever played.

What a plaudit! Now to wait until payday.

Latest