The Student Room Group

GCSE Paper 2 - Did I screw up? :/

I think I did considerably well in section A, but I was under time pressure.
I had only 25 mins to do section B, chose to do describe and all I did was a small introduction on winter and summer. Then I described a summer countryside in one fat paragraph, which I would say is 20 lines long.
Then I described a winter countryside in one fat paragraph aswell, using the best language I could. Basically my describe question was a page long flat.

Did I screw up?
Reply 1
You didn't. At least you read the question right, unlike me :frown:
Long as you wrote something and used metaphors and stuff and good words. I did about two pages for the second question. And in the second page, a girl stood on a frozen lake and feel through and died. What happened in yours?
Reply 3
Original post by IPlayThePiccolo
Long as you wrote something and used metaphors and stuff and good words. I did about two pages for the second question. And in the second page, a girl stood on a frozen lake and feel through and died. What happened in yours?

I'd rather not tell since I definately didn't do what the question asked, I guess I can depend on a fluke to get me my A :frown:
But... speaking of girls dieing this girl in my exam fainted right next to my seat so distracting :angry:
Reply 4
wow.. she fainted?? Thats abit dramatic... but did anyone in your school did their exam using a computer?? this guys at mine did,, it was cuz he had bad handwriting... but... it has spell check on words.. thats unfair :L
Reply 5
Original post by IPlayThePiccolo

Okay to make myself feel a little better, I used alliteration, rule of three, one use of a similie I think and alot of good vocabulary a longside descriptive language.
I'm still scared, I have a B from November 2010 and was re-taking to get an A but I'm not gonna make it :frown:
Reply 6
Can we do this paper in November 2011?
For the summer one I started talking about dog biscuits.
Don't ask why. :frown:
I'm sorry, but I just did my maths exam and think I failed horribly, so I decided to come on here and make myself feel better - as I have already sat these exams and got A* in both English language and English Literature, yay! :P

No, you'll have done fine: so long as the writing was of quality and was mature in writing style using those metaphors we all know those examiners love, then quantity really will not matter. :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Dizzy in my Head
I'm sorry, but I just did my maths exam and think I failed horribly, so I decided to come on here and make myself feel better - as I have already sat these exams and got A* in both English language and English Literature, yay! :P

No, you'll have done fine: so long as the writing was of quality and was mature in writing style using those metaphors we all know those examiners love, then quantity really will not matter. :wink:

Okay, what on earth did you do to get A*s?
Well, whatever I did, I took English Literature onto AS-level because of it. :smile: I just remember being so wrroed about it because it was so long, and I found that I actually predicted what questions would come up in the exam, and so obviously it was this that I revised most for. So I must have answered them well. That, or the examiner liked me. Or both. Who knows?

There were some really good stuff for the drama we had to do ('An Inspector Calls') on the BBC Bitesize website, and there was a list of vocabulary I wrote down as 'buzz words', which I included in the essays. I.e. denoument, which means the ending of a play. "Towards the denoument of the play, I felt that the effect of..."

It helps if you're quite expressive in what you're saying. :s-smilie: But it was a year ago now, so I may have forgotten what else happened during that dark time in the exam hall...
I had a girl next to me who kept cracking her knuckles. So inconsiderate. I wouldn't worry too much. Your whole grade doesn't rest on one paper, you've got courseworks and the media paper to back you up. Just read the question properly for the lit exam and time yourself properly.
Original post by johnpod
what if i used alot of techniques and stuff, and used 6 senses and alot of different punctuation BUT my story was random!?

I didn't think there were six senses. or did you have some creepy telepathic thing going on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending