Chloe jeans Watch

Sarzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I saw these jeans on this website more than a year ago and have been trying to find a pair that has the same flattering style for my figure. Unfortunately I have had no success. I am doing overtime over the christmas/new year period so can easily afford these. Which do you think I should get? Serious comments only, please. Also, whats the most you've ever spent on a piece of clothing and what designer pieces do you own? The two pairs are here:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/cgi-bin/...uct/View/11107
http://www.net-a-porter.com/cgi-bin/...duct/View/9924

Thankyou.

--------------

By the way, if I do decide to buy, I will go to a Chloe boutique, not buy online as I want to try them first.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I prefer the second pair but hey thats alot to pa for jeans.
Angel Interceptor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if i had to pick one, then i'd say the second pair, but neither of them are anything great, especially considering the price. why don't you just get yourself a nice pair of diesel jeans or a pair of levi's which would look much better, and you'd save loads of money?

edit: viviki, is there any way you could slow down your dancing cat, it makes me so dizzy! :s:
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pratikv)
if i had to pick one, then i'd say the second pair, but neither of them are anything great, especially considering the price. why don't you just get yourself a nice pair of diesel jeans or a pair of levi's which would look much better, and you'd save loads of money?

edit: viviki, is there any way you could slow down your dancing cat, it makes me so dizzy! :s:
its supposed to be dancing slow but its gone mental don't know how to control it sorry.
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wow pricey!!!
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't find them amazing, they're way overpriced. As someone said, wear Diesel.
Mata
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would go for the first pair... but honestly, you're paying for the label not the tailoring. You could go to an upmarket store and ask a salesperson to direct you to something that would flatter your figure, instead of paying so much.
Sarzy
Rep:
?
Well the point of this post is that I have looked for absolutely ages for a decent pair of jeans and have failed. As have some people at reading my post.
happydinosaur
Report 13 years ago
I don't particulary like them. Then again I don't know what you look like so I have no idea if they will look good or bad. I would try many pairs on and buy what looks good despite the designer/brand.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Sarzy)
Well the point of this post is that I have looked for absolutely ages for a decent pair of jeans and have failed. As have some people at reading my post.
no, we read your post properly, it's just that many of us don't think that the jeans look any good, and can think of better jeans to buy!

have you ever looked at earl or 7 jeans? they're generally very nice!
DartsOfPleasure
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I honestly think both are revolting! They have no shape whatsoever and would not flatten anyone's figure...I would get something a tad tighter.

The most I have ever spent would probably be £150
Sarzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by DartsOfPleasure)
I honestly think both are revolting! They have no shape whatsoever and would not flatten anyone's figure...I would get something a tad tighter.

The most I have ever spent would probably be £150
The styles above are good for me as I am curvy and so I need something to balance my shape out.

--------------

(Original post by pratikv)
no, we read your post properly, it's just that many of us don't think that the jeans look any good, and can think of better jeans to buy!

have you ever looked at earl or 7 jeans? they're generally very nice!
Tried on a few pairs of both of those, and I found that my legs arent long enough lol
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well, saying that you're curvy isn't too helpful when asking people to give their opinion on jeans for you. how tall are you, how much do you weigh, etc - if you post these, then it'd give people a better idea or just post a pic, so we can say whether those chloe jeans suit you.

looking at them though, unless you have really long legs, then may make you look a bit stumpy (due to fact that the leg is straightish/slightly flared).
fiesty_fox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you are tall and you are really curvy. i think those jeans are ok for you but i wouldnt buy chloe cos oviously they are over priced.
I have seen something similar in miss sixty about a year ago but i dont know whether they are stll adounr. Those jeans are not really hip at the moment so i think it is abit hard to find them.
Try http://www.redoute.co.uk/redouteuk/s...,1170,,00.html
i've seen similar pair ages ago but see if they do them still
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thsoe are ugly arse jeans. DONT GET THEM!
Sarzy
Rep:
?
Least I know now not to ask for opinions on decent clothes again,...
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Sarzy)
Least I know now not to ask for opinions on decent clothes again,...
just because something is expensive does not make it any good. there's a very significant difference between buying expensive clothes and buying stylish clothes!

if you don't want other people's opinions or are trying to show off about how much you spend of clothes, then maybe you shouldn't ask for other people's advice at all if you're not going to at least listen to any of it.
shopaholic_soph
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LOL if i personally was going to get something Chloe i would get a Chloe paddington bag - they are fabulous!

the jeans are nice but what about getting some rock and republic jeans by Victoria Beckham they are great!

Only designer labels i have are -

Louis Vuitton Handbag - that got ruined by too many chavs having fakes
D&G top
Tiffany Bracelet
Dior Purse
Juicy Couture Bikini

and yourself?
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How i would love to be able to spend £300 on jeans
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Methinks buying jeans from Chloe is a *little* extravagant. I think £300 on a pair of jeans is outrageous to be quite honest. Most I've ever paid was £120 for my Earl jeans, which I thought was extortionate (sp?).
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (191)
18.62%
No (622)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (213)
20.76%

Watched Threads