Fire Alarms Watch

Ana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm not too mad, because it was a real fire this time. But my room now smells of smoke, and I'm still a bit jittery from the noise of the alarm (they'd wake the dead, which is of course, more or less what they're designed to do).

So, my next question is... how on earth do you manage to set fire to a boiled egg??? The only thing I can think of is that they left it on for so long that the water boiled off, but wouldn't that take an awfully long time?
J Darnley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Princess Ana)
So, my next question is... how on earth do you manage to set fire to a boiled egg??? The only thing I can think of is that they left it on for so long that the water boiled off, but wouldn't that take an awfully long time?
I should have thought that would take a long time but something was probably knocked onto the stove and caught on fire.
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not too mad, because it was a real fire this time. But my room now smells of smoke, and I'm still a bit jittery from the noise of the alarm (they'd wake the dead, which is of course, more or less what they're designed to do).

a boiled egg? how the hell?? :rofl: :hugs: sorry bout your flat though...
Scheherazade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The flat across me had their fire alarm go off, and I'm only the only person left on my floor and all the alarms were going for about 45 minutes before the night porter could switch it off.
bred
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't get me started on fire alarms. We've had like 13 since the start of term. Beyond a joke now, the firemen just saunter in rather than rush like they did the first couple of times.
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
burgerlar alarms freak me right out, my legs shake and i cant move etc i dont like them
Ana
Rep:
?
(Original post by bred)
Don't get me started on fire alarms. We've had like 13 since the start of term. Beyond a joke now, the firemen just saunter in rather than rush like they did the first couple of times.
We've never had the firemen called out. I think they managed to put this out themselves.

Firemen only come if:
  • two smash-the-glass points are set off
  • one smoke/heat detector and a smash-the glass is set off
  • if a detector goes off, and Security rings them up to tell them it's more serious than burnt toast or frazzled egg.
Dekota
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So, my next question is... how on earth do you manage to set fire to a boiled egg???
It may not be an egg...
xXMessedUpXx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ive set fire to a pan of boiling water before...
Ana
Rep:
?
(Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
ive set fire to a pan of boiling water before...
How?
ZigZag
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm, the fire alarm in my halls went off twice today. Once at 3:45am (hurrah!) and then again this afternoon.
Ana
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZigZag)
Hmm, the fire alarm in my halls went off twice today. Once at 3:45am (hurrah!) and then again this afternoon.
Which halls?
ZigZag
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Which halls?
Weston.
Ana
Rep:
?
Weston.
Ooo. Fire alarms at UMIST must be worse than ours... at least we have trees to shelter under, and a nice big car park to spread out in
ZigZag
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ooo. Fire alarms at UMIST must be worse than ours... at least we have trees to shelter under, and a nice big car park to spread out in
Yeah, we basically stand in the road outside the halls when they go off.
Ana
Rep:
?
Yeah, we basically stand in the road outside the halls when they go off.
Poor you. Is there nowhere else?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When I was at York the firemen came out once, but they weren't men. They were still sexy though.
ZigZag
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Poor you. Is there nowhere else?
Nah not really. Our greenery doesn't rival Ashburne - in that we don't actually have anything other than a car-sized lawn.
Ana
Rep:
?
Nah not really. Our greenery doesn't rival Ashburne - in that we don't actually have anything other than a car-sized lawn.
You've seen Ashburne then?
ZigZag
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You've seen Ashburne then?
I remember it being very green from the accommodation brochure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (385)
79.71%
Leave (98)
20.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise