Turn on thread page Beta

Drinking (A lot) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sambuca is not too bad.

I can have 5 shots of that and 5 shots of tequila in a pint glass, which totals 250ml, and be drunk afterwards.

But 500ml will have definitley have made her thrown up. Just hope she didn't drink any black sambuca as that makes your crap turn green. That was a weird site the first time it happend.

ReputationRep:
    It should be ok if she can still respond. Everyone has a different level of tolerance and did she drink this over a span of a few hours? If so, it should be ok...It's ok for when I used to drink a few shots of 151 (75%) over a span of 2 hrs *hehe*
    As for throwing up it's fine...as long as she didn't continue to do so..I know a lot of ppl who are drunk (but dun need to go to the hospital) and threw up 2 or 3 times at night..then one or two more times in teh morning....

ReputationRep:
    Damn alcoholics :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    Ok, at my party yday one of my freinds ended up so wasted my mum called her parents,

as my party wasn't meant to be a drink up I was wondering how she got sooo wasted as their wasn't that much alchol on the table (I supplied a lot of non alcholic alternatives) so when I tidied up I searched for her drink that she said she had left on the window sill and took a sip to see what was in it, I had less then a sip, my eyes watered, by stomach hurt and I spat it out and had a packet of crisps, at the time I was worried - it was a pint tumbler and was less then a quarter full and as everyone was completely filling up their drinks she must had had 3/4's (They were doing the 'I' never' game) so then I searched for the drink - and found a bottle sambuca with a quarter of a litre left in it (I measured it) and it said 750ml oh and something like 42%

How on earth did her body sustain so much (Others oculd have had a bit but I think anyone else who drank drank bacardi and vodka)

Do you lot think she should have had her stomach pumped? (My mum was sooo close to sending her straight to hospital)

I hope shes all right, I texted but got no reply (my sister said shes probably in a modd with me b/c I landed her in heaps of trouble with her mum)

Has anyone else ever drank that much?
    well 40% odds of 750ml is about 300ml of alcohol which i suppose for a girl would be quite a lot. especially if shes young and hasnt drank a lot before. if say a normal pint of whatever is say 5% and a pint is around 500ml thats 25ml per pint. 10 or 12 and you're at that amount. other drinks might be more "powerful". in that sense its not a massive amount and im sure a lot of people could drink that on a night out and be in varying states...many not even tipsy.

ive only really drank a "proper" amount (if you ask my mates) once and i'd say it would have probably came close to that amount of alcohol...probably a little less and it didnt affect me too much. i am male however and 14 stone. they say the heavier you are the more it takes to get you drunk...not sure how valid it is though.

one of my flatmates could (and often does) down a near bottle of whisky in a night (45%) if he desires and theres no change in his behaviour at all. he's built quite a tolerance it seems. he can take his drink though...8 cans/bottles of cider (like 4 litres) would be a casual evenings drinking in front of the telly for him. only does it the odd time though...poor student syndrome and all that

ReputationRep:
    Let's not turn this thread into "how much everyone can drink," that's not the issue here.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2005
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.