Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Friday

Squat - 130 x 3
Bench - 80 x 3
Row - 52.5 x 3 x 5
Dips - 10kg x 7, 6, 4
Pushdowns - 1B x 12, 8, 7

Decent session to be honest. Squats were fairly hard which is a bit worrying. Bench wasn't too bad and rows were quite easy. Decided to think "**** it" and do dips anyway - small improvement. Pushdowns I was weaker but I think just cause I put in a lot of effort in the dips/bench.
Reply 21
Monday

Squat - 130 x 5
Bench - 80 x 5
Rows - 55 x 3 x 5
Hyperextensions - 5kg x 2 x 12

Difficult, difficult session. I guess expected as this is 4th week so I'm hitting my previous PRs (ish) but still. I'm not really sure how I managed to get 5 reps for squats. Right off the bat things felt heavy and I knew it was gonna be one of those days. Happy as **** that I did get 5 reps though.

Bench wasn't actually too bad. I think squats really tired me out which made them harder than it should have been. Still, pretty happy with them. Rows were fine, still adding 2.5kg every session (Mon and Fri). Decided also to hit a couple of sets of hyperextensions 'cause I never do the accessory stuff for Monday. **** sit-ups though.
Reply 22
Wednesday

OHP - 50kg x 5
Deadlift - 132.5kg x 5
PullUps - 6

Feeling **** these past few days so it was good session taking that into account. OHP was decent, failed last week though which is terrible (3rd week, still meant to be easy). Deadlift was very easy.

Pull-ups are being a bitch. It seems I'm pretty much stuck at 6 or 7 reps and then going down a couple each set. I got 6 and was annoyed so left.
Reply 23
Hello Michael. Not bad progress man, but **** me you change routines a lot (Y). How are you finding madcows? i was thinking of starting it in september.
Reply 24
Original post by Binkles
Hello Michael. Not bad progress man, but **** me you change routines a lot (Y). How are you finding madcows? i was thinking of starting it in september.

Yes, yes I do. I just get bored quickly to be honest with you.

Madcows is good. Many people out there who have benefited from it.
Reply 25
Stay on this a couple more weeks and see if you can break your previous PB of 85kg x 3.
Reply 26
Yes, you raise a good point. I definitely need to hit 100kg for reps by the end of the year.

Also note to self: Do pulls/chins for set reps.

Not sure why I stopped doing them that way - helped a lot. Just do, say, 15 reps in as few sets as possible. I was only able to do like 2 pull-ups (****ty form) and through that did 11 ****ty form reps and 6 or 7 good form.
Reply 27
Original post by Michael XYZ
Yes, you raise a good point. I definitely need to hit 100kg for reps by the end of the year.

Also note to self: Do pulls/chins for set reps.

Not sure why I stopped doing them that way - helped a lot. Just do, say, 15 reps in as few sets as possible. I was only able to do like 2 pull-ups (****ty form) and through that did 11 ****ty form reps and 6 or 7 good form.

Find it strange so many people struggle with pull ups/chins always found it so easy. I do it differently i do it in as many sets as possible? Do 3 now and then. On back day i probably do around 50 wide grip in total.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Binkles
Find it strange so many people struggle with pull ups/chins always found it so easy. I do it differently i do it in as many sets as possible? Do 3 now and then. On back day i probably do around 50 wide grip in total.

How much do you weigh?

I've gained quite a bit of fat to be honest. I'm like 87kg right now at 5'10.
Reply 29
How much do you weigh?

I've gained quite a bit of fat to be honest. I'm like 87kg right now at 5'10.

**** ME. I swear we started out around the same weight? 60 something kg? How much fat have you put on!? I've put a little fat on, but not much really, i'm about 73kg.
Reply 30
I started at 63kg.

Probably more than I would have liked. It's not crazy amounts or anything. Most of my fat goes to my legs and ass though it seems. Most of my jeans that were loose I can't even wear now which is ****ing annoying.
Reply 31
I started at 63kg.

Probably more than I would have liked. It's not crazy amounts or anything. Most of my fat goes to my legs and ass though it seems. Most of my jeans that were loose I can't even wear now which is ****ing annoying.

Hm, i've put a bit of fat on this bulk, 'cus it's been a really dirty bulk. Only place i notice it is a tiny bit under my face, where as before my face has always been cut. Haven't put much on the gut either, abs still visible.
Reply 32
When I go to uni I'll go on a cut then as I'll have more control of what food I buy and eat. At home it's difficult as if my mum doesn't buy right stuff I'm forced to eat pretty high carbs stuff.
Reply 33
When I go to uni I'll go on a cut then as I'll have more control of what food I buy and eat. At home it's difficult as if my mum doesn't buy right stuff I'm forced to eat pretty high carbs stuff.

Same.

At the moment the family im living with in Portugal are so tight on money and food. So i'm pretty ****ed. I eat like 10 potatoes a day, macdonalds a lot more than i'd like to admit, cheaper cuts of meat etc etc. Hard life bro.
Reply 34
You're in Portugal? Lolwut? How come?

I do remember you say something about moving around though.
Original post by Binkles

Yea for chin ups.. if it's a narrow grip then that puts some strain onto your biceps too.Whenever I do narrow grip,my biceps buff (well the right one does, as for the left one it's tiny :s )
Reply 36
Friday

Squat - 132.5 x 3
Bench - 82.5 x 3
Row - 57.5 x 3 x 5

Couldn't be ****ed with assistance stuff. To be honest they're not going up at all and it's pointless in my opinion. I'm pushing for 3RMs and on top of that I do 8 reps. After all that ordeal I'm meant to be able to do weighted dips, pushdowns and curls? **** off. I can do it but my body is tired and so I just make no progress in then. What's the point?

Squats and bench felt pretty heavy to be honest but what you expect, hitting some PRs (well, not really but yes...).
Reply 37
So next Monday you have to try 85kg x 5?
Reply 38
No 82.5 x 5.
Reply 39
If I don't make 85 x 5 though I'm gonna quit working out. Genetic limit and all that.

No but really, 3 deloads and I can't hit past 85kg, that would be mind-****.

Quick Reply

Latest