AS - AQA HIS2O - Chairman Mao - 19/05/11 Watch

waltz2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Not a very common paper on here it seems, but this is for the very few people who had the joy of studying this awful unit. Did anyone else loathe studying for this paper, particularly with a terrible textbook to accompany it?

Although as for the exam I thought it was fairly easy, the Cultural Revolution one wasn't too specific and it was a nice easy one to answer, even though the Cultural Revolution itself is just a mess. The sources were fine too.

I did question 03/04 (Five-Antis/Consolidation of power), as that 24 mark one essentially the exact same question in one of the end-of-chapter exam style question. Although I disliked the 12 mark question on the Five Antis, if I recall correctly in the AQA book they only prescribed about a pargraph on it. Again, that book was just awful, particularly in the latter chapters on the Cultural Revolution. Overall though, I thought the paper was fine. How did everyone else (out of about the two people who this applies to) find it?
Hugh*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did this exam. I did questions 05/06 which were about the First Five Year Plan, and the success of Mao's economic policies.
A decent paper, could have been a lot worse. I only struggled a tiny bit with 02, as I hadn't really done a great deal on the Cultural revolution. I knew stuff, but just not a lot of it.

I still envy people who had the January 2011 paper though... question 03/04 on that paper would have been easy to tackle in my opinion.
waltz2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Hugh*)
I did this exam. I did questions 05/06 which were about the First Five Year Plan, and the success of Mao's economic policies.
A decent paper, could have been a lot worse. I only struggled a tiny bit with 02, as I hadn't really done a great deal on the Cultural revolution. I knew stuff, but just not a lot of it.

I still envy people who had the January 2011 paper though... question 03/04 on that paper would have been easy to tackle in my opinion.
What came up in January?
Hugh*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
03 - Explain why the Communists were in a weak position at the start of the civil war (12)
04 - How far was Chiangs weak leadership the cause for the Nationalists defeat (24)

[not word for word questions, the general jist]
LeSacMagique
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jeebus42)
Not a very common paper on here it seems, but this is for the very few people who had the joy of studying this awful unit. Did anyone else loathe studying for this paper, particularly with a terrible textbook to accompany it?

Although as for the exam I thought it was fairly easy, the Cultural Revolution one wasn't too specific and it was a nice easy one to answer, even though the Cultural Revolution itself is just a mess. The sources were fine too.

I did question 03/04 (Five-Antis/Consolidation of power), as that 24 mark one essentially the exact same question in one of the end-of-chapter exam style question. Although I disliked the 12 mark question on the Five Antis, if I recall correctly in the AQA book they only prescribed about a pargraph on it. Again, that book was just awful, particularly in the latter chapters on the Cultural Revolution. Overall though, I thought the paper was fine. How did everyone else (out of about the two people who this applies to) find it?
Aha! Chinese historians! It's a shame we're not on the same exam board - I'm OCR. There really aren't a lot of us around, it seems - not least because there's no textbook that focuses specifically on the OCR spec.
Hugh*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha, yeah I noticed there wasn't a lot of people doing the same exam as me. I just searched today because I thought there MUST be someone who sat the same exam.
f-zara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anybody have good revision techniques for this exam? I have it on wednesday and I'm unsure how to revise it! For unit 1, I did USA 1890-1945 and it was easy to section it off into mindmaps. However, with this unit i just don't know how to section it into mindmaps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.11%
1 (69)
13.72%
2 (65)
12.92%
20.48%
20.28%
5 (88)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest