Watch
This discussion is closed.
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
which end of sanity is this doctrine from - closer to which of the following choices - Fascism or Anarchy
Fascsim, of course.

Read Brave New World - like that, but without the genetic engineering (and copious sex).
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Albion)
I agree, but there is a balance, moderation is usually the key. Not your somewhat extreme stance. Live and let live, not live by your own beliefs and enforce these upon others whether they like it or not.
Whatever works.
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
You hook up to the internet with your web cam.

Find a webserver (pay for it) with enough bandwidth for your camera streaming capabilities. Buy a domain... e.g. www.kinkyme.com and advertise it.

Then take off your clothes and let your visitors check you out. Sigh..

www.cambang.com

THOSE *points in distaste* are camgirls.
You know way to much about this. Are you a Cam girl?
If yes, then what is your address.
How long have you been a world wide whore?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Fascsim, of course.

Read Brave New World - like that, but without the genetic engineering (and copious sex).
Wonderful book. But our world is coming so close to that anyway.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Fascsim, of course.

aha i was once recommended that by my english teacher - who is it by - certainly inspired by quote from 'Tempest' by Shakespeare
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Hahaha. Me? The super conservative? Naaaah.

I'm a computer geek who does webdesign. I don't have a webcam nor the assets to show online, so I don't really qualify. It's really common amongst 'blogs'... some sites have these weird pop ups asking you to vote for your favourite cam girl.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hahaha. Me? The super conservative? Naaaah.

I'm a computer geek who does webdesign. I don't have a webcam nor the assets to show online, so I don't really qualify. It's really common amongst 'blogs'... some sites have these weird pop ups asking you to vote for your favourite cam girl.
How do you know of these pop ups?
Do you visit these site?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
aha i was once recommended that by my english teacher - who is it by - certainly inspired by quote from 'Tempest' by Shakespeare
Aldous Huxley.

"Oh wonder, how many goodly creatures are there here, how beautious mankind is, oh Brave New World that has such people in it."
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Wonderful book. But our world is coming so close to that anyway.
1984 is the best apopalyptic book i have ever read - it is very good at predicting a lot of stuff that is starting to emerge as normal but which what we once would have considered impossible and unimaginable
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Lolz. Did the Britney avatar lead you to that assumption?

Muahaha.. my guise works
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Bloody hell so much for students being liberal! Who are you to judge anyone who does that? Its up to them, their bodies, they can do what they want!

I'm quite shocked at the holier-than-thou arrogance of a lot of the people who replied to this thread, you have no right to judge!

Thank you! lol...ive had my fair share of naughty on cam...it was a little bit of a joke me and my friend were playing hehehe! Btw...never done to anyone i dont know!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Aldous Huxley.

"Oh wonder, how many goodly creatures are there here, how beautious mankind is, oh Brave New World that has such people in it."
yes i remember now - it all comes flooding back to me - i shall visit my local library tomorrow
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Bloody hell so much for students being liberal! Who are you to judge anyone who does that? Its up to them, their bodies, they can do what they want!

I'm quite shocked at the holier-than-thou arrogance of a lot of the people who replied to this thread, you have no right to judge!
1. I am certainly ot known as right wing
2. Well yeah, look at the members of this forum and you can tell the youth is not exactly communist any more!!!
3. Right wing <> conservative, conservative in a sexual meaning ratehr refers to damning everything that does not seem "normal"--> "pervert". I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER about what people including myself do sexually. But prostitution in any form is NORMAL, it rather has to do with dignity (refers to the outside world). But I didnt mean that I am disgusted by cam girls or anything, it is their choice. I just wanted to know what the term exactly meant. ANd I think it is a fact that most girls would be embarassed if everyone could see them naked on the web.
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i dont agree with cam girls but its up to them
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yes i remember now - it all comes flooding back to me - i shall visit my local library tomorrow
Good idea. Pick up a copy of Flowers for Algernon while your there.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
2. Well yeah, look at the members of this forum and you can tell the youth is not exactly communist any more!!!
Haha, true, any member confessing to leftism is likely to be ripped apart within seconds...
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
1984 is the best apopalyptic book i have ever read - it is very good at predicting a lot of stuff that is starting to emerge as normal but which what we once would have considered impossible and unimaginable
How True! But Huxley is.. woah.

I did mention in my Cambridge interviews that we may be living in a Brave New World (in an angry response to a series of questions asking "Why do judges have the power to make decisions?")... apparently the interviewers didn't like that answer very much....

and that blew it for me. But hee! I find it all quite amusing now.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have certainly heard of it - i shall look forward to having a long chat about it with you some time in the future when u r not too busy
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Okay.. another wonderful book! Isn't that the one with the mouse called Algernon and the guy who had some disease?

Aaahh.. I can't believe I share similar reading tastes to others in this forum.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Haha, true, any member confessing to leftism is likely to be ripped apart within seconds...
i thought i was doing that with my avatar - mind you if u read my profile you would stop short i think
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (381)
14.83%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (285)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (362)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (120)
4.67%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.03%
Loneliness (218)
8.49%
Financial worries (94)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.25%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (225)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (242)
9.42%

Watched Threads