goodmorningworld
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Had the exam this afternoon, and was shocked at how difficult it was. All year I've got A and A* in mocks and practices... but opened this paper and was completely blown away by how difficult it was. :mad:

What did you think of this exam?

The boundaries are normally about 44 - A* 36 - A and 29- B ; do you think they will be lower this year or higher?...
Good luck!
House MD
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hope it's around the same or at least lower.

I wasn't expecting it to be that difficult, and I made numerous stupid mistakes :/ Came out of the exam feeling quite dizzy.

Which ones did you find hard in particular?
HennoG22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi,

The exam was out of 42, well the one I did, so I guess that 37 is A*, 32 A, 27 B, 22 A.

Or something like that, I dont think that the exam was dreadful, but lets wait until results day! lol

Oh, sorry, made a mistake I think my paper was called 'A' not 'B'
HygienicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did not think it was too bad, but the plant hormone ones threw me a bit at the end. Did you get 14 months and 11.11% for the baby's head ones? Also, the foetus one confused me but I ended up ticking the one about the head growing more slowly between 16 and 32 weeks or something (I don't remember clearly).
goodmorningworld
Rep:
?
My exam was out of 60

the first page of b1, and the last page of b3 were the hardest to me House MD - I revised so much and then... it went wrong. The exam hall was boiling and had a funny smell of like burnt paint; so by the time I came out I felt utterly ill.

What grade do you think you will get? Before I saw the exam was hoping for high A, but now high B/low A would be amazing for me
Anisha.Panchal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i had the exam today as well....not going to lie it was a bit tricky
i think it was the fact that some of the questions were worded differently and just generally pretty random
i think grade boudaries will be low though
goodmorningworld
Rep:
?
I got 14 I think, can't remember, and 11.1 reccurin for baby's head. For the foetus, I said the head developed the slowest - I thought that as the baby was already a certain length; the head wasn't really getting bigger but simply getting smaller in comparison to the body.

not sure though

relieved you got 11 too - spent ages on that question
HygienicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A lot of people said that the first page was hard, was that about sensory neurones and alleles. I think the answer to the first question was "the retina"?. And yeah the last page was probably the hardest. You might have done better than you think.
goodmorningworld
Rep:
?
Yeah Anisha, it was the randomness that made it worse
Hope so!
HygienicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by goodmorningworld)
I got 14 I think, can't remember, and 11.1 reccurin for baby's head. For the foetus, I said the head developed the slowest - I thought that as the baby was already a certain length; the head wasn't really getting bigger but simply getting smaller in comparison to the body.

not sure though

relieved you got 11 too - spent ages on that question
I must have checked that one about 4 times because i thought it was a weird answer - (and question!).
Katickle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I found it really difficult so I'm hoping the grade boundaries will be low, I cried a little bit!
Anisha.Panchal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the last page was defo the hardest...and it didnt help i didnt know about the acrosome... lol

what does everyone think they got???
HygienicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im hoping for at least an A.

Other notable questions:
1). The one about the dog shellfish (lol) or something - I wrote that there is less pollution from human activity near the bottom and when the tide comes in they will get the water they need (sounds so stupid now).

2) The seal one was binomial name wasn't it?

3) The quadrat answer was 3 for the average?

Nothing about cloning processes, hearts or accomodation (or predator and prey cycles). Also no easy marks for genetic diagrams
goodmorningworld
Rep:
?
1) Cn't believe I didn't realise that about the people; put at low there is further from people and less predators
and i put there is more food not water lol

2) Yeah

I was gutted about lack of cloning or predators - knew them off by heart
And I spent an hour the other day learning accomodation *
venenecinema
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HygienicPumpkin)
A lot of people said that the first page was hard, was that about sensory neurones and alleles. I think the answer to the first question was "the retina"?. And yeah the last page was probably the hardest. You might have done better than you think.
yes it was retina
Anisha.Panchal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HygienicPumpkin)
Im hoping for at least an A.

Other notable questions:
1). The one about the dog shellfish (lol) or something - I wrote that there is less pollution from human activity near the bottom and when the tide comes in they will get the water they need (sounds so stupid now).

2) The seal one was binomial name wasn't it?

3) The quadrat answer was 3 for the average?

Nothing about cloning processes, hearts or accomodation (or predator and prey cycles). Also no easy marks for genetic diagrams
my answers were fairly similar...pollution and more food so it's better adapted there...? i think that should get a mark
i was really annoyed at the lack of questions for respiration/lactic acid
Katickle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
2) I put it's Latin name? Duh.
HygienicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah predator and prey cycles are easy marks and so is accomodation if you learn it for either close objects or far objects (the other one is just the reverse of what you have learnt). I was hoping for a 4 mark genetic diagram question like one of the previous years, but there wasn't one.
goodmorningworld
Rep:
?
I knew respiration off by heart, have since year 8 (except the symbols - learned them this year)... and got one mark for it. grr...
Jammyd.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did you guys do the higher tier cause i didnt think it was too bad but then again who knows lol? What are the grade boundaries? want an A*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (201)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.41%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.86%

Watched Threads