interviews???bmat??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
friendlyneutron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got my BMAT paid for, but then again I go to a private school, and considering the fees that my parents have to pay, I'd be pretty annoyed if they made us pay!
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Orange-med)
i got 20.9 on bmat, 4A's and no interview yet from UCL.
I rang them a few days ago and they said they hadn't recieved my application so advice for anyone still waiting would be to give them a call. Apparently they have been interviewing since the beginning of december. I still haven't got an interview because they're trying to find my bmat result now :/
good luck everyone
well i havent heard of leicester or bristol...unrelated but i will call monday if anyone is still there. i was going to phone them yesterday but i talked myself out of it as i didnt want to seem to pushy!
Ribbons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is it really a good idea calling them up? I havent heared from any (and ive applied to Bristol and Leicester too by the way), should I call up and check or just wait?
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PSdilemma)
is it really a good idea calling them up? I havent heared from any (and ive applied to Bristol and Leicester too by the way), should I call up and check or just wait?
i dont know...i am undecided. But the thing is i am reapplying and cant afford another year or rejections!
fairy princess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I didn't even konw you had to pay for the BMAT :eek:
Lol guess my school must have paid for it, and i go to a state school
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fairy princess)
I didn't even konw you had to pay for the BMAT :eek:
Lol guess my school must have paid for it, and i go to a state school
same here!
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Madprof)
Well, you're very lucky, PSdilemma! Very very lucky. I'm over £20 out of pocket thanks to BMAT. Gah. Although it did prove to be a useful exam.
I had to pay the fee and a fee to have some woman sit in with my whilst i sat it and just cough non-stop.
bennyboyhanning
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
same here!
Ditto
friendlyneutron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
I had to pay the fee and a fee to have some woman sit in with my whilst i sat it and just cough non-stop.
There was a group drum lesson going on in the room below me during the BMAT, I win :p:
Madprof
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I couldn't concentrate because I was panicking about missing two maths lessons ...

Doesn't really work as well, does it? :rolleyes:
Yeti-Boy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was just delighted I got there on time, as there were some train delays. Maybe I should be lucky about that so I didn't had any time left to be nervous for the test
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
heh I was made to sit in this office (of the examination coordinator), quite peaceful actually, compared to drum classes and coughing people!

has anybody heared from their bmat unis?
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
heh I was made to sit in this office (of the examination coordinator), quite peaceful actually, compared to drum classes and coughing people!

has anybody heared from their bmat unis?
Interview at UCl on Feb the 2nd (if I remember correctly)
fairy princess
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There were no drum lessons going on during mine, but i was in a small room in our 6th form centre with paper-thin walls and a load of rowdy lower 6th outside, and an incredibly creaky door :rolleyes:

That's my excuse anyway and i'm sticking to it
*Harpo*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im the only person doing medicine in my school, so i went to the local boys grammer school to take the test. (no way i was going into central london when all the local schools were doing it).

I was just delighted I got there on time, as there were some train delays
my interview @ UCL was at 10 (with the talk 1st a 9:30). That morning there was no westbound central line service east of mile end :eek:. I spent £11 on travel that day. Walking down the platform in the crush of people at 8:30 at Liverpool street station felt like a scene from 'march of the penguins'
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
oh good luck!
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oh good luck!
thanks

I'm so nervous already
*Harpo*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They're pretty friendly, especially Dr Cross, who gave the introductory talk. Good luck!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?