Turn on thread page Beta

Australian Race Riots watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nysh)
    Yeah, but it's punishment created by European ideological values. Aboriginal culture has different forms of punishment which is based on their ideological cultural values.
    Well, unfortunately, their 48,000 year old ideological and cultural values are secondary in a modern white country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconBoy)
    I was taking the piss, I just get bored of the mud races crying about the big bad white people.
    I'm not saying white people are bad. I believe everyone, wherever they are from are equal. And their problems should be assessed according to their social context.

I don't blame modern white people in Australia for what was done in the past.

--------------

(Original post by Howard)
    Well, unfortunately, their 48,000 year old ideological and cultural values are secondary in a modern white country.
    Actually, considering that "culture" had to change over time, they're not that old. And I thought Australia was multicultural, but REALLY it's white.. how interesting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nysh)
    I'm not saying white people are bad. I believe everyone, wherever they are from are equal. And their problems should be assessed according to their social context.

I don't blame modern white people in Australia for what was done in the past.
    Its just the way you put WHITE in caps before, as if you had a problem.

ReputationRep:
    I was taking the piss, I just get bored of the mud races crying about the big bad white people.
    Mud Races? Your rhetoric is provincial and even americanised at best. You’ve been using Stormfront too much.

ReputationRep:
    Its just the way you put WHITE in caps before, as if you had a problem.
    I was making a point about the cultural contexts. The prison system is a 'white' system and therefore for those of that ideological context, but it's not for those where the cultural values clash.

I don't have anything against white people. I live (UK) in a white country, and therefore I can't have anything against them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nysh)
    I was making a point about the cultural contexts. The prison system is a 'white' system and therefore for those of that ideological context, but it's not for those where the cultural values clash.

I don't have anything against white people. I live (UK) in a white country, and therefore I can't have anything against them.
    Australia is majority white and in democratic countries majority rules, and there cannot be 1 rule for one group and 1 for another.

ReputationRep:
    Australia is majority white and in democratic countries majority rules, and there cannot be 1 rule for one group and 1 for another.
    Funny how that is different in many countries... I believe in Indonesia there is actually a Muslim court? And in Kenya? And in India? etc...

In fact, one could argue that this was going against the Anti-Race Discrimination Act of 1975.

ReputationRep:
    So if white people in the UK, hypothetically speaking, were surpassed by non-white ethnicities, they'd (Non-whites) have every right to rule, being the majority?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacques Derrida)
    So if white people in the UK, hypothetically speaking, were surpassed by non-white ethnicities, they'd (Non-whites) have every right to rule, being the majority?
    Yep, which is one of the reasons why im so against mass-immigration.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, which is one of the reasons why im so against mass-immigration.
    I think you have nothing to worry about. There's not going to be mass-migration. Plus even if there was, each ethnic group would be different, so there would still be a white majority.

There actually is no white vs. non-white issue in Britain. There are those in the non-white communities that are against 'white' people, but it's not like that in black and white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nysh)
    Actually, considering that "culture" had to change over time, they're not that old. And I thought Australia was multicultural, but REALLY it's white.. how interesting...
    I always thought that aboriginal culture was well known for it's unchanging characteristics. Isn't that what the anthropologists find so marvellous about it?

ReputationRep:
    I always thought that aboriginal culture was well known for it's unchanging characteristics.
    If you take an 'out of africa' or any evolutionary belief then every culture is constantly changing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nysh)
    Funny how that is different in many countries... I believe in Indonesia there is actually a Muslim court? And in Kenya? And in India? etc...
    That's because Indonesia is a Muslim country. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That's because Indonesia is a Muslim country. :rolleyes:
    Kenya's a Christian country. India's predominantly Hindu... need I go on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nysh)
    If you take an 'out of africa' or any evolutionary belief then every culture is constantly changing.
    I doubt that you would see many differeance of significance between the way aborigines lived 10000 years ago and how they lived 300 years ago.

--------------

(Original post by Nysh)
    Kenya's a Christian country. India's predominantly Hindu... need I go on?
    What's your point? That justice is fairer in India and Kenya than in places like the UK? Haha! Don't make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Aim for the government to be representative, which if I'm honest most countries haven't achieved yet. That would prevent ubiquitous disenfranchisement amongst minorities that feel lack a voice. Instead of engaging in cultural hegemony, absorbing and discharging minority groups speculatively; why not just reflect them with official representation?

----------------------------------

That may seem like a tangent given the posts following baconboys.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that you would see many differeance of significance between the way aborigines lived 10000 years ago and how they lived 300 years ago.
    No you would because there have been significant changes since then, considering Homo sapiens sapiens only evolved 10,000 years ago, and the last 'cold' period was 9000-8000 BP ish. Therefore they'd have to adapt and change during that time period.

And the evidence for culture are minimal because there was no written record in Aboriginal history, so we have little to compare it to.

--------------

What's your point? That justice is fairer in India and Kenya than in places like the UK? Haha! Don't make me laugh.
    Is justice ever fair, even in Europe?

Should I mention the recent CIA scandals, or the imprisonment of foreign nationals without trial for indefinite periods passed by the British Government?

You shouldn't put down other countries because your perspective of them is negative. You haven't lived in Kenya or in India, so I suggest that don't put them down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nysh)
    Is justice ever fair, even in Europe?

Should I mention the recent CIA scandals, or the imprisonment of foreign nationals without trial for indefinite periods passed by the British Government?

You shouldn't put down other countries because your perspective of them is negative. You haven't lived in Kenya or in India, so I suggest that don't put them down.
    I havn't lived in North Korea either but I think I can take a bit of a gamble in making a statement about the condition of their judicial branch of government.

ReputationRep:
    I havn't lived in North Korea either but I think I can take a bit of a gamble in making a statement about the condition of their judicial branch of government.
    Right- that's because the UN has made allegations. But they've done that with Australia's Asylum Seeker policy as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacques Derrida)
    Mud Races? Your rhetoric is provincial and even americanised at best.
    Uh, keep the americans out of this please. We had nothing to do with the race/surfer riots down there.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.