Turn on thread page Beta

What are you buying your other half for Xmas? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    You can get those calanders in Clinton Cards, you just slot a photo in for each month
    Ok, I will have a look round when I get home for Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Now herein lies the dilemma, do you buy something for the guy you've been seeing for a couple of weeks?!

ReputationRep:

Is this your father or your boyfriend? If the latter, I'm afraid there's something I find very wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shopaholic_soph)
    i no someone who has collected 12 photos of them both and is having a calender made! now that is a fabulous gift!
    Or a little scary, depending on how long they've been together! :p:

Gender of other half: Male
    Dislikes:
    Budget: £100ish?

He is the man who has everything and has quite refined/classy taste... I have got absolutely no idea

ReputationRep:
    I would say what i was getting my gf for christmas, however it would kind of spoil the surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I would say what i was getting my gf for christmas, however it would kind of spoil the surprise.
    Meh. You just carry on with your little covert conversation with my mother.

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend little over a month...and most of the things I've bought him have just been to fill his Christmas Stocking (lol yes I bought him that too...). He's away til January so I'm kitting his flat out with Christmas decos, and I've bought him a couple of DVDs (ones that he has seen, loved but never bought...and quotes from all day long - Pirates of the Caribbean for example..grrrrr), and a Capt Jack Sparrow action figure (erm....I have no answer...). Managed to get everything on amazon.co.uk and spent only £25

ReputationRep:
    Some glue to stick us back together again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    Boyfriend.
    Then can I suggest some psychotherapy for either or both of you?

To the anonymous user with the 31 year old boyfriend and the budget I would kill for, how about some nice wine/whisky/drink of choice, maybe an engraved hipflask? Or some cool gadget for a car?

Remember to suggest stuff to other people as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    Boyfriend.
    that is so wrong unless youve lied about your age and your actaully older.
    if not just think its old enough to be your dad eurgh but i guess you can help who you like.
    he must be well chuffed to have such a young girl as his g/f

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the fact he must get mocked/insulted to death by all his friends.

But that's off topic :rolleyes:

I've been seeing my boyf for 6weeks now...do you think i should get him a present? ( By xmas it'll be 2months) my initial thoughts were no just a card, but now i'm not so sure, i'd love to buy him a present but i don't know if he's thinking of getting me one, and i don't want to give him something and then make him feel bad for not getting me something (i don't really care..well ok a lil but a card would be as nice!) and i'm on a budget!

He took me out for a meal and bought me a CD for my birthday after 4 weeks.. :rolleyes:

If i was going to get him something i was thinking of either..
    1)A cd..either a mixed of all his fav songs or kaiser chiefs or something
    2) A quicksilver tshirt/hat..or something of the kind
    3)scarf and gloves...(pretty lame and grannyish) but every saturday he freezes at the bus stop while we wait for my bus!

Guys, what do you think of getting clothes from a GF for xmas? what would you prefer?

Sorry for the looong msg!! Any thoughts would be appreciated! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    help
    my boyfriends 21
    likes : sex (l0l) computer games,remote control cars :s, keeping fit etc
    dislikes; girly things e.g. films

i have no idea what so ever please help

(Original post by hayley05)
    help
    my boyfriends 21
    likes : sex (l0l) computer games,remote control cars :s, keeping fit etc
    dislikes; girly things e.g. films

i have no idea what so ever please help
    Get him something from Ann Summers! :p: Ok, it's for you really, but he'll enjoy it!!!

I got some boxer shorts and got them personalised for my boyfriend (they are sooo cool!), a jumper from Next, a Purple Ronnie 'Todger Trimmer' (that's just a little joke present...was only £2 from Woolworths!) and a Ducti Wallet...a wallet made out of Duct Tape! I love wierd and wacky gifts, and this wallet is just amazing! http://www.ducti.co.uk
    I need to get him something else but am not sure what. I was going to get him a chain, but I'm running out of money (and the chains are like £150+!). Anyone got any other ideas?

(Original post by Helenia)
    Apart from the fact he must get mocked/insulted to death by all his friends.

But that's off topic :rolleyes:
    No, he doesn't and No I didnt lie about my age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Actually, that's kinda the plan for our anniversary - it's a week after Valentine's day, so we can't possibly afford to splash out on both.
    Aha, that's an idea... slightly off topic but I'm in a similar situation in that mine and my boyfriend's one year anniversary is three weeks after valentines day... and I wanted to get him something special so I guess I could combine the two? Anyway, that's too far in the future.

In terms of Xmas presents I've got him a "Family Guy" dvd and Flash Gordon- cheesy cult films are so much fun. But I would like to get him something small and personal and kinda cute at the same time. That calendar idea is a good one... I could be energetic and pop to my nearest Clintons, but does anyone know off the top of their head how much they cost?

ReputationRep:
    I can't say, TML will read it and know. But it's something I'm quite smug about. ^_^

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.