Student Finance Savings Account?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
jagie_259
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have a savings account (Young saver) with Leeds & Holbeck Building society which is now mine because im 18.

Can I use this savings account to get paid the maintennance grant directly into it?

Or do I have to open a current account?

It would be ideal if I can use this savings account
thequeenofsheba3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
*Bump*

I'm in the same position exactly, would love an answer to this.
jagie_259
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Yes I found out its fine!

You put the bank account number as the one they give you, and also the sort code.

Your account number is the ROLL Number Hope I helped If any queries just ring your bank, they know what to do!
YowJ
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi, I need HELP!!

I have a savings account with Abbey before they changed to Santander. But I still use the Abbey book for all the savings going in.

At the front, top of the page, it gives me my account number (8 numbers and three letters). But then at the bottom it says 'if you are making direct payments to this account please quote to your bank: Sort code: *6 numbers* and Account number *8 numbers* and your own account number which is at the top of the page.'

Student finance want 6 digits for sort code and 8 digits for account number. The question is do I put down the numbers they give at the bottom of the page? Or what should I do?
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'd contact Santander and ask. Explain that Student Finance don't have anywhere for you to enter both account numbers, and get them to tell you which to use so that the money ends up safely in your account.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Please check the dates of threads before posting. Thanks.
X
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (24)
32.88%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (34)
46.58%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
19.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.37%

Watched Threads