Had to start a new thread.. still no offers? Watch

mellow-yellow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Just wondered how many of you still have no offers. And also thought I'd create this thread for anyone who wants to vent feelings about not having offers. So I'll start.. UCAS sent on 4th and STILL no offers *sigh*

Oxford are apparantly sending rejection/offer letters this Fri/Sat, so will be getting that soon aaaah.
Seren
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mellow-yellow)
Just wondered how many of you still have no offers. And also thought I'd create this thread for anyone who wants to vent feelings about not having offers. So I'll start.. UCAS sent on 4th and STILL no offers *sigh*

Oxford are apparantly sending rejection/offer letters this Fri/Sat, so will be getting that soon aaaah.
I sent my form on Sep 29th and don't have any offers yet. Until recently I was fine about it but I'm getting really impatient now, especially as people who sent their forms off months after me are getting offers, or complaining that they still haven't heard from ONE uni. I think I just applied to the slowest unis in the world :confused: It's not even as if the subject I'm applying for is competitive.
mellow-yellow
Rep:
?
I know the feeling! A load of my friends who only sent their apps off a couple of weeks ago are getting loads of offers.

Yeh, I applied to similar Unis to you.. Edinburgh, Manchester, Durham, Notts, Warwick & Oxford. Obviously they're generally slow - especially for my subject. Maybe the fact that mine is combined too (History and Politics) makes it even slower cos the departments have to talk to each other.
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've had no offers yet either but I've got a few interviews lined up :afraid:
PennyRoyalTea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well i only have one offer and my u-cas was sent on the 21st of October...do i semi-count?
Seren
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
well i only have one offer and my u-cas was sent on the 21st of October...do i semi-count?
oh, how I'd love to have 'only' one offer...
Eyeball
Report 13 years ago
No offers yet, but only sent UCAS on 25th Nov..... hoping for an offer by Xmas...... :rolleyes:
Dan3274
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Last year, my application was processed by UCAS on the 14th September and I did not hear anything from any university until February!!

Some of you may be in for a long wait!!
Biffy Clyro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I havent recieved any offers yet, although I only sent my application on 28th November
znicz
Report 13 years ago
I aint got any offers or interviews yet and sent my form off 15 days ago :mad:
keyka
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i was process by ucas on sep 29th and still havent got any offers.
Kunster1337
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sent 10th, 6 Offers - Not rubbing it in, Its aweful how some people are still waiting!
Chi-sama
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sent mine on November 16th... still nothing. I applied to LSE, Queen M, Bristol, Warwick, Notts, and SOAS. Got acknowledgement from Queen M :rolleyes:

I am sick and tired of track and my compulsion to check every chance I get :wtf?:
ehtical
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
maybe they should make the deadline Jan 1st or Dec 15th that should make the app processing much faster!
*Eliyana*
Report 13 years ago
yay! others in my boat! i applied for history in various combos @ oxford, edin, ucl, soas, warwick and durham (app submitted oct 14th)and so far nothing but an interview at oxford. i'm already on an enforced gap year as had no offers last year so getting a bit jittery!

and can i just say i also hate track. i can't stop checking it with its stupid orange background...
Elusive Moose
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
track's white and grey :P
mellow-yellow
Rep:
?
I don't think I'll hear anything until new year now.. well, apart from my Oxford letter which will be here in a few days. That's gonna be a great start to my offers
Melana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Me no offers either and not liking it! Wish I'd sent it off earlier now!!

I suppose the longer you hear without a rejection the better though....
*Eliyana*
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by *Goddess_Henna*)
yay! others in my boat! i applied for history in various combos @ oxford, edin, ucl, soas, warwick and durham (app submitted oct 14th)and so far nothing but an interview at oxford. i'm already on an enforced gap year as had no offers last year so getting a bit jittery!

and can i just say i also hate track. i can't stop checking it with its stupid orange background...
excuse i mean orange writing on the homepage which says "track" no idea why i wrote background... i just did my last check of the day
Jammertal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No offer, but a rejection or two in a few days is worse than not hearing anything until Feb...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads