The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
mellow-yellow
Just wondered how many of you still have no offers. And also thought I'd create this thread for anyone who wants to vent feelings about not having offers. So I'll start.. UCAS sent on 4th and STILL no offers *sigh*

Oxford are apparantly sending rejection/offer letters this Fri/Sat, so will be getting that soon aaaah.

I sent my form on Sep 29th and don't have any offers yet. Until recently I was fine about it but I'm getting really impatient now, especially as people who sent their forms off months after me are getting offers, or complaining that they still haven't heard from ONE uni. I think I just applied to the slowest unis in the world :confused: It's not even as if the subject I'm applying for is competitive.
Reply 2
I know the feeling! A load of my friends who only sent their apps off a couple of weeks ago are getting loads of offers.

Yeh, I applied to similar Unis to you.. Edinburgh, Manchester, Durham, Notts, Warwick & Oxford. Obviously they're generally slow - especially for my subject. Maybe the fact that mine is combined too (History and Politics) makes it even slower cos the departments have to talk to each other.
Reply 3
I've had no offers yet either but I've got a few interviews lined up :afraid:
well i only have one offer and my u-cas was sent on the 21st of October...do i semi-count?
Reply 5
PennyRoyalTea
well i only have one offer and my u-cas was sent on the 21st of October...do i semi-count?

oh, how I'd love to have 'only' one offer...
Reply 6
No offers yet, but only sent UCAS on 25th Nov..... hoping for an offer by Xmas...... :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Last year, my application was processed by UCAS on the 14th September and I did not hear anything from any university until February!!

Some of you may be in for a long wait!!
I havent recieved any offers yet, although I only sent my application on 28th November
Reply 9
I aint got any offers or interviews yet and sent my form off 15 days ago :mad:
Reply 10
i was process by ucas on sep 29th and still havent got any offers.
Sent 10th, 6 Offers - Not rubbing it in, Its aweful how some people are still waiting!
Reply 12
Sent mine on November 16th... still nothing. I applied to LSE, Queen M, Bristol, Warwick, Notts, and SOAS. Got acknowledgement from Queen M :rolleyes:

I am sick and tired of track and my compulsion to check every chance I get :wtf?:
Reply 13
maybe they should make the deadline Jan 1st or Dec 15th that should make the app processing much faster!
Reply 14
yay! others in my boat! i applied for history in various combos @ oxford, edin, ucl, soas, warwick and durham (app submitted oct 14th)and so far nothing but an interview at oxford. i'm already on an enforced gap year as had no offers last year so getting a bit jittery!

and can i just say i also hate track. i can't stop checking it with its stupid orange background...
track's white and grey :P
I don't think I'll hear anything until new year now.. well, apart from my Oxford letter which will be here in a few days. That's gonna be a great start to my offers :frown:
Reply 17
Me no offers either and not liking it! Wish I'd sent it off earlier now!!

I suppose the longer you hear without a rejection the better though....
Reply 18
*Goddess_Henna*
yay! others in my boat! i applied for history in various combos @ oxford, edin, ucl, soas, warwick and durham (app submitted oct 14th)and so far nothing but an interview at oxford. i'm already on an enforced gap year as had no offers last year so getting a bit jittery!

and can i just say i also hate track. i can't stop checking it with its stupid orange background...

excuse i mean orange writing on the homepage which says "track" no idea why i wrote background... i just did my last check of the day
Reply 19
No offer, but a rejection or two in a few days is worse than not hearing anything until Feb...

Latest

Trending

Trending