This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I would have said overall the Aussies would have won more. If the US beat the women at swimming that doesnt count. The Olympics should be for men, like it was originally. Australia have that Thorpedo guy, he is amazing.
well, we have phelps this year, who has 5 world records. thorpeodo had 5 world records now. the age difference? phelps is 16. thorpeodo is 20 now.

micheal went pro at the age of 12. unfortunatly 12 year olds arent allowed to go to the olympics.
curryADD
Rep:
?
(Original post by boygenious)
don't you remember tetrahydrogestrinone (THG)? loads of american athletes had been found to take it. even old ben johnson might be stripped of his 400m gold. i'm not sure about swimming, but in track and field, americans play dirty
true, true. but so does everybody else.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
well, we have phelps this year, who has 5 world records. thorpeodo had 5 world records now. the age difference? phelps is 16. thorpeodo is 20 now.

micheal went pro at the age of 12. unfortunatly 12 year olds arent allowed to go to the olympics.
I know you obviously like swimming but I can only watch it during the Olympics. It bores me. Suppose its like you and the soccer. It just doesnt do it for me unless there is something big on the line at the end.
curryADD
Rep:
?
I know you obviously like swimming but I can only watch it during the Olympics. It bores me. Suppose its like you and the soccer. It just doesnt do it for me unless there is something big on the line at the end.
ok........
curryADD
Rep:
?
you dont understand. im a swimmer, i spend 4 hours a day in the pool!
jammyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I hope the Patriots win.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you dont understand. im a swimmer, i spend 4 hours a day in the pool!
I do understand. To swim for four hours a day you must like swimming must you not? I'm a rugby player, I train once or twice a week, if I didnt like the sport, I wouldnt do so!

Good for you anyway. At least you keep active, there are so many people who are too lazy to do anything. Aint mention anyone *my girlfriend*.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
I hope the Patriots win.
Me too.
curryADD
Rep:
?
I do understand. To swim for four hours a day you must like swimming must you not? I'm a rugby player, I train once or twice a week, if I didnt like the sport, I wouldnt do so!

Good for you anyway. At least you keep active, there are so many people who are too lazy to do anything. Aint mention anyone *my girlfriend*.
i dont like it. its my life. therefore, i hate it.
pal_sch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I used to swim, but I had a choice of 6am training on Saturdays or 6am training on Sundays. I was only 12!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i dont like it. its my life. therefore, i hate it.
Er...ok.
eillak
Report 17 years ago
ok........
Hey swimming is great!...... but volleyball is better
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by eillak)
Hey swimming is great!...... but volleyball is better
Watching or playing?
curryADD
Rep:
?
(Original post by pal_sch)
I used to swim, but I had a choice of 6am training on Saturdays or 6am training on Sundays. I was only 12!
here we start practice at 5:00 because school starts at 7:00
eillak
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by pal_sch)
Watching or playing?
playing
curryADD
Rep:
?
Er...ok.
i was joking.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You should start watching Australian State of Origin Rugby League if thats what you like. Its legalised GBH. American football is wussy in comparison.
State of Origin is amazing, the sheer pace and intensity must make these matches the most entertaining sporting occasion on the planet bar none.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes I'll be watching it, live on Five, at 11.10 PM (ie now) on Super Sunday, programme is scheduled to go on till 3 AM.

I've been trying through the season to understand as many of the rules as possible - Channel 5 have one live match a week, (Sunday nights), and the Monday night football re-ran on Tuesday night.

That along with the Ice Hockey shown, which is almost a weekly visit to either Philly, New Jersey, or Florida. Though I already understand hockey due to being a fan of the British game.

Baseball, I watch during the hockey close-season, as they replace eachother in the television scheduling.

A couple of visits to the states have meant that I've ended up watching American sports in the evenings when I've been there.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
State of Origin is amazing, the sheer pace and intensity must make these matches the most entertaining sporting occasion on the planet bar none.
See CurryADD, it is worth getting up in the middle of the morning to watch!!!
curryADD
Rep:
?
(Original post by Expression)
Yes I'll be watching it, live on Five, at 11.10 PM (ie now) on Super Sunday, programme is scheduled to go on till 3 AM.

I've been trying through the season to understand as many of the rules as possible - Channel 5 have one live match a week, (Sunday nights), and the Monday night football re-ran on Tuesday night.

That along with the Ice Hockey shown, which is almost a weekly visit to either Philly, New Jersey, or Florida. Though I already understand hockey due to being a fan of the British game.

Baseball, I watch during the hockey close-season, as they replace eachother in the television scheduling.

A couple of visits to the states have meant that I've ended up watching American sports in the evenings when I've been there.
lol. thats actually cute.

SUPERBOWL is starting. im off.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads