curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
lol. thats actually cute.

SUPERBOWL is starting. im off.
the fact that your trying to learn the rules is, anyway.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the fact that your trying to learn the rules is, anyway.
Well otherwise theres no point in watching, so although I can't call what the flags are going to be for (other than the red challenge flag!), I know what the overall point of the game is, and get the points scoring, and some of the lingo.

The only major difference between watching sports programmes hosted by Americans and the Brits, is the Americans MAJOR focus on statistics.

Sounds like the commentators tonight are going to be explaining EVERYTHING for the worldwide audience anyway.
curryADD
Rep:
?
(Original post by Expression)
Well otherwise theres no point in watching, so although I can't call what the flags are going to be for (other than the red challenge flag!), I know what the overall point of the game is, and get the points scoring, and some of the lingo.

The only major difference between watching sports programmes hosted by Americans and the Brits, is the Americans MAJOR focus on statistics.

Sounds like the commentators tonight are going to be explaining EVERYTHING for the worldwide audience anyway.
pretty much. being raised around sunday night football, i know most the lingo and rules. since ive been to england more than once, im stuck watching english sports (like rugby and cricket). i actually was about halfway through the match when my dad told me there were rules invovled. i thought it was just a random desicion of when you wanted to run or not.

im bored of the game already.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
pretty much. being raised around sunday night football, i know most the lingo and rules. since ive been to england more than once, im stuck watching english sports (like rugby and cricket). i actually was about halfway through the match when my dad told me there were rules invovled. i thought it was just a random desicion of when you wanted to run or not.

Cricket; quite a boring game, it is a random decision as to whether you run or not, theres no rule saying that you HAVE to run.

Rugby, far more interesting and physical game.

As for tonights match now, first blood to the Panthers with the Pat's 31 yd FG miss.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

I don't really have a clue about any american sports!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Cricket; quite a boring game, it is a random decision as to whether you run or not, theres no rule saying that you HAVE to run.

Rugby, far more interesting and physical game.

As for tonights match now, first blood to the Panthers with the Pat's 31 yd FG miss.
yeah. looks like a game of dogpiles ahead of us. far to much defense in my opinion
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Surely you understand basketball? Surely the simplest and most boring of all American sports.
curryADD
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon)
dont worry, im the same about english!
curryADD
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Surely you understand basketball? Surely the simplest and most boring of all American sports.
na uh. volleyball is the most boring
college basketball is really exciting. esp. stanford games.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Nothing wrong with basketball, when played well.

NCAA is by far better than NBA as there is more emphasis on the team game, rather than lots of "one man" trying to show off.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
na uh. volleyball is the most boring
college basketball is really exciting. esp. stanford games.
I didnt know volleyball was a sport? News to me.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Nothing wrong with basketball, when played well.

NCAA is by far better than NBA as there is more emphasis on the team game, rather than lots of "one man" trying to show off.
NCAA? would that be the university league? stanford has an awesome basketball team. if you play on the national level in england expression, you might want to look into stanford, they get sweet sixteen every year for their bball team!
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
NCAA? would that be the university league? stanford has an awesome basketball team. if you play on the national level in england expression, you might want to look into stanford, they get sweet sixteen every year for their bball team!
NCAA is the Uni's league, I'm waiting for March Madness, which will be fun

I don't play as it happens, however, you will appriciate the job I do.

Scorekeeper, Timekeeper, Shot Clock Operator = my title, known as a Table Official, you more than most on this board will know what that means.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I dunno if I'd bebothered to sit down and watch a game. Yeah, I probably understand some of the rules of basketball and ice-hockey, cos of movies and programmes. But give me footie any time!
curryADD
Rep:
?
NCAA is the Uni's league, I'm waiting for March Madness, which will be fun

I don't play as it happens, however, you will appriciate the job I do.

Scorekeeper, Timekeeper, Shot Clock Operator = my title, known as a Table Official, you more than most on this board will know what that means.
yes. i do. like team manager eh? i thought somewhere you said you played......oh well.

here, if you are an injured or a UAed athlete, thats what you have to do.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yes. i do. like team manager eh? i thought somewhere you said you played......oh well.

here, if you are an injured or a UAed athlete, thats what you have to do.
Team Managers sit on the bench and make sure that the teams kit is all sorted and stuff.

A table official are the guys that sound that horn to get the subs in, run the scoresheet, and keep the score board ticking over, and making sure the 24 second shotclock is running right.

It's a nice little earner for me, by far paid back the money I spent getting qualified to do it - saves working in MacDonalds, and I get paid to watch basketball and add up the 1's, 2's and 3's, or pressing a few buttons (start/stop, reset - for the shot clock!). Easy money.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Team Managers sit on the bench and make sure that the teams kit is all sorted and stuff.

A table official are the guys that sound that horn to get the subs in, run the scoresheet, and keep the score board ticking over, and making sure the 24 second shotclock is running right.

It's a nice little earner for me, by far paid back the money I spent getting qualified to do it - saves working in MacDonalds, and I get paid to watch basketball and add up the 1's, 2's and 3's, or pressing a few buttons (start/stop, reset - for the shot clock!). Easy money.
i see. team managers do that to, if there short. but w/e.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
far to much defense in my opinion
Hense 0-0 at end of Q1 !

Vitriol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
DAMNIT!!!!!!!!

C5 is airing the newbie international broadcast! :mad:

*Switches over to SKY Sports and CBS*
ZeroJoe3
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
ok
heres the deal

PATRIOTS WILL WIN

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Q
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.13%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.78%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.93%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.19%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.87%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.19%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.77%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.48%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.32%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads