Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Over the christmas period, does anyone know if there are any orphanages / hospitals/ shelters etc around central london that would readily accept some extra help, and where can i find details?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest the wonderful google, have a search on the internet. Or maybe try any charities or organisations in your area, see if they have any volunteer work?

ReputationRep:
    Everywhere will accept volunteers! Just find a place that looks in need and go in and ask. Try the Duke of Edinburgh website too.

ReputationRep:
    milllenium voluntiers or charity shops are ALWAYS looking

ReputationRep:
    www.yearofthevolunteer.org

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonBoy)
    Over the christmas period, does anyone know if there are any orphanages / hospitals/ shelters etc around central london that would readily accept some extra help, and where can i find details?

thanks
    You live in London? Battersea dogs home - this time of year they need all the help they can get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonBoy)

thanks
    Just google stuff, but i know that charities like Crisis and Shelter are always looking to help people out at this time of the year with dishing out Christmas dinners, etc - me and some friends did it a few years back.

ReputationRep:
    bit late isnt it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    bit late isnt it
    Not really, they always want people to volunteer at this time of year because Christmas is such a busy period.

ReputationRep:
    www.do-it.org

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    You live in London? Battersea dogs home - this time of year they need all the help they can get.
    Battersea has a huge waiting list of volunteers.

--------------

I don't know how old you are, LondonBoy, but many places have an age limit for volunteers - usually you have to be over 16 or 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    bit late isnt it
    Surely finding volunteers is a 365 day a year thing? Not like job applications where they'd have open/close dates, they'd be willing to take on everyone they could whenever they could.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.