This discussion is closed.
wayne hall
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
As part of some research I am doing I would like to hear from any college students with an opinion of what makes a good tutortial.
I am particularly interested in engineering and construction students, but any comments will be welcome. For instance, do you think tutorials are worth while or a waste of time? What do you do during tutorial? Is it course work support or health education and well being etc? How many tutorials do you get?

Thank you
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Basic things such as marking the essay submitted are important.

Beyond that, showing a passion and a compentence that can inspire the student to learn more. Being able to explicate a range of topics, and demonstrate the range of arguments levelled etc.

This is more from an arts/social-science perspective.

HTH.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I personally think they are pointless to be honest. We never do anything important in them here.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Iluvatar
I personally think they are pointless to be honest. We never do anything important in them here.
Whenever I unknowingly and inadvertently misunderstand a text then I find it helpful for my mistakes to be pointed out. Furthermore, I find it helps my oral capabilities so that I can argue more cogently and coherently.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads