The Student Room Group

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in an exam?

I finished my maths exam and then realised my calculator said 3 x 3 = 12 :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Realising there is a question on the back of the exam paper at the end :frown:
Realising your calculator was in radians for the whole time when it should've been in degrees.
stomach rumbling
Reply 4
Ooh that is bad.
Turning the page and realising you should have revised that topic harder.
Everything you learnt hasn't gone in (worst feeling ever!)

The dreaded:
'Pens down' when you're about half way through.
(edited 12 years ago)
Opening the paper and thinking... ****, can't do this. Moving on to the next question and thinking... ****, can't remember how to do this either. Then the question you can finally do, you make an error at the beginning, so have to do it all again. Only to get it wrong again because you tried to do it quickly. An hour and 15 minutes into the exam and you have no marks.

All this on an exam that I went in genuinely thinking I should be able to get 90%+
Reply 6
Realising your calculator was in radians for the whole time when it should've been in degrees.

So true.
Getting to the end of the Paper and realising the final, most marks, questions are on a topic you have never learnt.
Reply 8
I had to sit next to a guy with horrendous body odour once. Being forced to breathe in someone's toxic armpit fumes for two hours when you're trying to concentrate on a science exam is not fun.
Reply 9
asking for extra paper in an exam and then forgetting to write what question i did on that piece of paper so after getting my marks finding out i havent been marked for it :/
Doing an English literature paper in the morning and answering all the questions, and finding out after that I only had to choose 1 out of 4 questions to answer

Doing an English Language paper in the afternoon and choosing 1 of the 2 questions to answer, and finding out after that I had to answer the entire paper :eek:

That day was a maaaare :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
mine was in an gcse english exam i had like a proper runny nose and i kept on sneezing and i ran out of tissues, lol i had to ask for more and i couldnt concentrate on my exam. its not nice when you got your head down and u feel something running down your nose so quickly and splat on your exam paper!!! as your trying to write. disgusting i know!!
Sitting behind two year 11's. One, the girl, taps her shoes at an inhumanly fast rate. The other, the boy, decides that when he has finished 20 minutes early on his foundation teired paper, he will play his chest and the chair like bongo drums.

Wow.
Spilt my water on my exam paper and on my trousers because I placed the bottle on top of my ruler -_-
Reply 14
genuinely fell asleep cause R.E. is soo boring and I had a headache from all the writing lol.

Then I woke up when I heard the invigilator shouting, "Five minutes left!" and realised I had about 4 more essay questions to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d7m836SdDs&feature=related :wink:

OT: I pulled my pencil out of my pencilcase rather quickly and stabbed myself in the eye with the rubber on the back - ouchhh
Reply 16
Wrote in blue, started over - twenty mins left in a ninety minute exam.

I sneezed 8 times in a row in my summer exam. completely disrupted everyone haha
Original post by asphyxia
I finished my maths exam and then realised my calculator said 3 x 3 = 12 :smile:

realized i had spent longer drawing a picture of a giraffe wearing a top hat playing croquet than i thought i did.
Not being able to read your own writing in maths exams - 6 looks like 0 or vice versa :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest