The Student Room Group

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in an exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
the invigillator in the exam was sooo fit and she was wearing a really tight skirt.

just couldnt concentrate
Reply 981
novelty sized nosebleed-and getting it on someone else's paper.
Reply 982
Original post by JGR
I thought that one of my exams (at the end of last year) was on a different day to that which it was actually on, so after I got a call from college I had to very hurriedly get dressed up in academic gear and pedal off to the exam schools. I got there 30 minutes late, and the cut off is 30 minutes, but they let me in anyway.
I didn't have time to mess about locking my bike, so someone nicked that, but it was a rustbucket anyway so I didn't really care much.
I hadn't finished revising, so a few things I couldn't really remember, which was also annoying.

The exact thing happened to me this summer, A2 Psych Unit 4 exam. I hadn't finished revising plus I was so stressed in trying to make it to school before the cut off point so I spent the first 5-10 mins of the exam trying to get my head together. This combination left me missing out questions and forgetting information. I really wanted an A on this exam, definitely think I came out with a C or D. I was so pissed off with myself for days afterwards. Had to fork out 10 quid for the cab to school as well as my journey usually takes 45 mins but I didnt have the luxury of time to get there (got there just in time - a min later and I wouldnt be able to sit it).
Reply 983
A nosebleed, stopped after a while
I was given a calculator for a Maths exam and I didn't realise what the SD button was used for! Failed that miserably...
Having coughing fits. Happened twice now, in a Geography exam last year and in the Maths exam this year. Also, when I forget to take my hayfever tablet and have an exam in the summer my nose tends to run wildly so there I am sniffing, snorting and trying to prevent snot from leaving my nose.

The absolute worst thing so far though was in a Spanish reading exam and finishing thinking I had all the time in the world left, but when I decided to go over my paper in the last 3 minutes of the exam, I realised I'd left out the last section which has the most marks in, so I had to very quickly read the extract and answer the questions... some I had to guess because I just wouldn't have had time otherwise.
Reply 986
Sat next to a radiator blowing hot air onto my face. I wear glasses. I was steamed up.
Original post by D4l3
Sat next to a radiator blowing hot air onto my face. I wear glasses. I was steamed up.

It's very awkward isn't it? Help! I can't see... It's just a white blur.
Maths exam - I looked at the desk and it said:

"You're gonna fail! MUHAHAHAHA!!!"

Not good. :frown:
Reply 989
Having a mini-nosebleed in my RE exam :frown:
Maths exam, having an answer "666"

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Leelad
Having a mini-nosebleed in my RE exam :frown:

I feel lucky that I have never had a proper nosebleed,a one in which blood escapes from the nose-I've had blood inside the nose before but nothing worse than that and that is extremely rare too.
7 minutes to complete 2 5mark essays :cry2:
RE exam- still did good :smile:
In my gcse exam near the end a teacher came in and said I had to go to the office after the exam was over! I.panicked like crazy, turns out it was just to write a statement because something had happened on the train few days before!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT18i
IB history exam :/ I studied all these topics that I was sure would come up, hardly any of them did. The one thing that I barely even glanced at because everyone doubted it would be in the paper, came up.

I should have seen that one coming.
Original post by PatrickD
It tends to make the start of the exam more relaxed from my experience as the invigilator doesn't have to make sure everyone has equipment and that no one is talking. My GS exam in the summer had just 2 of us in and the invigilator was really nice. It was a bit awkward with just us and him in the room before and after the exam but during the exam you don't notice a difference. :smile:

Agree with this there was 3 people for my law exam and it made me so much.more relaxed!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT18i
Reply 996
When your brain goes blank and refuses to turn on.
Original post by lothiriel
IB history exam :/ I studied all these topics that I was sure would come up, hardly any of them did. The one thing that I barely even glanced at because everyone doubted it would be in the paper, came up.

Screwing.
That's the problem with question spotting.
Original post by lothiriel

My brother once predicted the topics of I think it was a Law A-Level question paper and revised them the most and was right-he obviously has more luck than you.
I touched the bum of an elderly invigilator once while having a mid exam stretch...

Quick Reply

Latest