The Student Room Group

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in an exam?

Scroll to see replies

I accidentally thought we had to answer both Questions on English Literature in the one part so I wasted so much time and didn't have much time for the other Question

Posted from TSR Mobile
I accidently farted in an exam after eating a spicy curry.
It was during a Maths exam.
So embarrassing.
I accidentally took sparkling water into an exam thinking it was normal water, when I opened it up to have a drink, the lid flew into the air along with lots of the drink, I was really embarrassed and just put my head down, I was all wet too with exam paper too
I got my gcse sociology paper taken off me for having a fidget spinner in the exam hall, All I wanted was a spin!
I fainted in one of my exams last year. Thankfully I got extra time. Lmao
ticking boxes in a question on a biology paper that i thought was multiple choice

turns out you had to actually work out numbers and put those in the boxes:redface:
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334

It was during a Maths exam.
So embarrassing.

This is a bad practice but I laughed sooo hard at this man :wink:

Original post by Fermion.
I fainted in one of my exams last year. Thankfully I got extra time. Lmao

It'd have been either that or they make you resit (later i the exam period or in November) or they just give you a target grade or smth like that
The lights in our exam hall started flickering and because we'd look down at our papers, the light reflected of the white colour pretty badly. The invigilators noticed but did nothing about it so we were stuck with flashes of light every so often. It was very distracting and I'm sure it caused some headaches. :frown:

Also, our exam hall is right next to the music department. Enough said lmao
Someone let off a stink bomb at the beginning of one of the gcse english papers 😷
Also an invigilator fell over in one of the history papers which was very funny but quite distracting.
Original post by asphyxia
I finished my maths exam and then realised my calculator said 3 x 3 = 12 :smile:

Real question is, why are you doing 3 x 3 on a calculator??
Original post by Starlight15
So today, when the year 11s were doing their B7 exam I was in assembly next to the other sports hall where they did their exam but then when we left assembly the fire alarm went off and the poor year 11s have to evacuate in the middle of their exams and apparently it was one of our year groups (year 10) who done it by accident, you should see the year 11s faces they look pissed off it's like I'm-going-to-murder-someone-whoever-done-this face

Bless them. I remember something similar happening during a Year 11 exam when I was in Year 10. The fire alarm went off, same as what happened at your school. However, it wasn't set on purpose or accident...it was actually a drill that just had unfortunate timing.
I had extra time for my GCSEs so I was put in a room with the other SEN pupils. It was my English Language exam (Unit 1) in June this year...I finished the exam in the normal time and probably wrote more than most of my other classmates (I know what they're like). However, the English staff were outside our exam room for whatever reason and weren't happy with us leaving. They proceeded to make us stay in our exam room for the extra half hour when we had clearly finished! I filled my exam paper and I was actually offended as they seemed to think we 'needed' the extra time. Like no, I managed my time effectively. My paper was full. I thought extra time was supposed to be a back-up for those who need it. If you have extra time and happen to finish in the normal time, it shouldn't be forced on you. Definitely not as bad as other people's experiences but making us stay in the room for an extra half hour just annoyed me.

Jokes on them, though. I didn't need the extra time like they were implying about us. I had an A*.
Original post by asphyxia
I finished my maths exam and then realised my calculator said 3 x 3 = 12 :smile:

Someone made monkey noises then everybody else followed. The invigilators had no idea where it was coming from. The problem was, i couldn’t think under pressure with monkey noises bashing my ear drums.
realising your period has just started (when you weren't expecting it to) at the beginning of a two hour english lit exam. RIP that chair
Shaved 15 minutes before the exam caught my lip. I spent 30 minutes of the english exam with blood dripping down my face and i ran out of tissue. Didnt want to draw a ttention to myself and ask for tissue so i literally swallowed all the blood that was coming out. Most of my writing was also covered in blood. Barely scraped a c :frown:
Someone I know was rocking on their chair and they swung so far back they fell and hit the person behind them's desk.
one girl didn't realise we had 4 sections to our RS paper (split into 2 theme 'halves') until we had 20 minutes left... which was 8 questions and 2 15-minute essays. ouch.

personally, probably when we got a really difficult and obscure topic on jekyll and hyde, and i had no relevant quotes... so i completely made up some bullsh*t quotes about the stars and clouds in the sky which was loosely based on one part, and got marked for it anyway. the teacher had no clue none of them were real quotes lmao
(edited 6 years ago)
Thankfully only a mock, but I was stressed about a physics exam so I barely revised history, spent all lunch revising it with two friends, got to the exam late in a hot room with no windows (I get separate room and medical breaks), then had a migraine about 20 minutes in.
Finished the mock after school the next thursday with my history teacher as an invigilator with one other person, while the humanities department staff were loudly talking about parkour just down the corridor and said history teacher was clearly trying his hardest not to laugh.
I got a 5 on that mock, was predicted an 8. :/
I think I died once
Got attacked by a bee and almost fell of my chair

Quick Reply

Latest