The Student Room Group

Funniest thing in exams...

Scroll to see replies

For one of the exams at my school this year, there was a tiny amendment to be made to a question paper so the invigilator wrote the amendment in huge letters in black marker on what she thought was a standard whiteboard... it was one of the school's brand new smartboards. Apparently everyone just sat there awkwardly, not to be the first to point it out, until a teacher walked in and screamed :tongue:
Original post by winning11
we had an obese invigilator all throughout our 15 gcse exams.. and the spacing between desks seemed adequate for most, and we would all politley suck our gut it and pull our chairs right up to the desks as humanly possible, even still one time she got WEDGED, her arse got WEDGED and she tried to get out and ended up pulling my friend's chair out to the side too.
she then proceeded to push my friend's chair back in.

Ha, we have an invigilator called Belinda and she sounds just like this! In my RE exam, she stood right next to me and all I could hear was her heavy breathing. In a French one she told us in her man voice 'five minutes remaining!' fifteen minutes before the exam ended.

And in my chemistry AS the lead invigilator decided we were only going to get an hour and a quarter.
A teacher was walking to help a student, but he fell back, and knocked over about 4 sets of tables and chairs! He was a pretty big guy...
Various things have happened.
The clock fell off the wall, smashed, they had to ring up and find a new one while the invigilators are PISSING themselves. Actual crying laughter.
Also, the infamous "booby lady" invigilator; an obese woman with absolutely massive boobs that swung around her knees. Friends and I were discussing her the day before. Walked in to the exam. Boom. There she is in her braless glory. +o( Safe to say, my friends and I were wetting ourselves as we walked in..
Reply 124
Original post by Googleplex66
A guy I know from uni was falsely accused of cheating in one of his exams by this narky old granny of an invigilator. Two days later, he's in the exam hall and surprise surprise, the old fart is there again. He starts acting really shifty and keeps pretending to look at his hand in a very suspicious way. The third time he does this, he gets the attention of "Granny" who walks down with a chuffed 'I've got you now' look on her face. She tells him to open his hand with which he proudly displays a massive hand-drawn penis on it...ExambanterLAD

please don't steal from TrueLAD.
Reply 125
This wasn't in the exam but some girl kept clicking her pen all through the exam when the exam finished and we were walking out there was still another exam going and as we were leaving the girl was still clicking her pen then some guy turned around and said "Can't you stop clicking your ****ing pen, you retarded idiot". The girls face just dropped and I'm sure she was about to cry she ran out, and everyone just stared at the guy and he just carried on like normal.
Im my Year 9 SATS exam (Omg thats like 4 years ago Im so old). one of the invidulators was carrying a pile of chairs in both hands, and one of the chairs was dropped on me. Atually it wasnt funny at all it ****ing hurt.
This wasn't a proper exam, just a Y10 exam not externally marked; but we were in the sports hall doing an exam with the ugliest, fattest teacher (no offence meant, just trying to give you the idea) being the only teacher in the room. Every time she got to the front of the room some lads at the back starting singing "I love you baby" starting with the intro being almost silent, then gradually building it up, but staying writing so when she got to them (we have a big sports hall) they could stop and she'd never be able to tell who was singing.

It was hilarious, and the poor woman was absolutely embarrassed! But it was very funny, and continued for months in lessons afterwards :biggrin:.
there was a powercut in the hall, no windows so complete darkness. the invigilator went nuts. you know in films or 24 or something when all the SWAT men bust in like "FREEZE NOBODY MOVE!!!".... yeah it was like that. but with teachers from the staff room rather than SWAT guys from CTU, obviously.
Reply 129
Only 'funny' thing that happened, Not that good but anyway:

The invigilator was reading out the usual warnings on having mobile phones and electronic devices on you etc

Trying to be 'cool' and up-to-date he added on top of the mobile phone instructions;

"so things like blackberrys, ipods" - okay...

THEN

"...iPads, blueberrys, strawberrys" - fail :| (iPad in an exam room/in your pocket? Lololol)
even though he got a few laughs.

Lol I was thinking what a dry sense of humour he had... he even laughed at his own attempt of being 'funny'
Writing frantically in an english exam, only to be disturbed by dinner ladies having a casual sing song to lady gaga.... :tongue:

Happened in my citizenship exam too... The dinner ladies never let us down :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Not in our actual exam just a mock but one of the questions in our maths paper had a histogram and the lines on it were quite hard to see because they were printed over the grid.

Well, the invigilator starts writing it on the whiteboard at the front, explaining to us how it should look and pretty much did the actual question for it.

Also had an invigilator write on the interactive white board and then realising her mistake halfway through the exam, got out her tissue and began spitting on it and wiping it furiously - lets just say she wasn't the best. she also gave us an extra 5 minutes reading time in the beginning of it as she read out the paper, gave us our 5 minutes and then played the tape, rereading the instructions and giving us another 5 minutes of reading :biggrin:
This wasn't really funny at the time, just frustrating. There were two of us sitting our final WJEC Electronics A2 exam last June, and my friend had decided not to bother with it as he'd failed January's one and not submitted any coursework.

Anyway, halfway through the exam I realise there's a pretty big mistake with one of the questions - a circuit diagram was labelled with different letters to the corresponding table we had to fill in. So realising it's down to me to report this, I call over to one of the invigilators and explain this. She gives me a really uppity look and says 'I'm not allowed to explain the questions to you'.

I just laughed and told her I don't need it explained, it's just obviously wrong. We then spent five minutes arguing about this, at which point I just said can you please just go fetch our school's examinations officer (who I was on VERY good terms with).

So she comes and within 30 seconds realises there's obviously been a screw-up, and phones WJEC who tell her they've had similar frantic phonecalls from other schools too and explained what we should change in the table to make it match the diagram and fill it in correctly.

I then had the pleasure of watching the uppity invigilator have to stop us writing and explain the mistake in the paper (not that my friend even cared!) - and when I left the exam I ran into the nice exams officer who thanked/congratulated me on spotting the mistake and we started giggling about the invigilator when I told her what had happened! :biggrin:
Original post by Thøm
What is the funniest thing that has happened in an exam of yours?

I have had phones go off, water spilt, people chundering and an examiner tripping down the stairs.

i got a question right...
Reply 134
Original post by sollythewise
i got a question right...

Explain?
Hahaha some of these are classic!
We had an exam where there was only one invigilator (due to it being only a few of us doing the exam) and she was quite oldish. This boy raised his hand, and asked her if he could go to the toilet, clearly quite desperate. She ummed and ahhhed for a bit, and then went to the front and got this walkie talkie thing, obviously trying to contact reception. But she just couldn't work out how to turn the thing on! She was pressing random buttons, and everytime it bleeped or made a noise, she would jump about six feet in the air. Everyone in the exam was just watching her, silently laughing, and this boy was wriggling round in his seat.. oh it was so funny. In the end, someone came to the hall to find out why they were receiving two second long walkie talkie messages haha.

I'll also never forget the time the clock stopped in the hall, and the same woman invigilator had to stand on a desk to try and take it down.. but she got stuck, due to her stiff limbs etc, and the other invigilators were all trying to help her get down, everyone was just staring, absolutely captivated!

Aside from that, we've had desks collapsing, the music block (cleverly situated next to the exam hall) having a drum lesson during GCSE Physics, and the English block distributing the books for Lit wrongly, everyone ending up with the wrong novel! Ohhhhh gee times.
Reply 136
Original post by C. Nworb
When the invigilators write on a board at the front of the hall with the exam name and start time.
Astronomy and space science shortened to ASS.

Cracked up laughing when I saw it.

One of my teachers is a bad obsessive compulsive, with a great love of abbreviations and the like. On one of the numerous boxes in his room, it says "Ass. Observation Sheets" hahaha
We took a few exams early in January when i was snowing...it wasfreezing so they set up heaters around the room.
My friend was sat near one so stretched in her seat a bit to be closer to it...she then fell off her chair knocking over the old heater causing it to blow up.
Flames and everything.
We had to be evacuated.
Reply 138
Our classrooms have windows, so people on the corridor can see us. So once during a chemistry exam some people were watching us and our teacher attached a sign with: No Feeding
Original post by gyal
Only 'funny' thing that happened, Not that good but anyway:

The invigilator was reading out the usual warnings on having mobile phones and electronic devices on you etc

Trying to be 'cool' and up-to-date he added on top of the mobile phone instructions;

"so things like blackberrys, ipods" - okay...

THEN

"...iPads, blueberrys, strawberrys" - fail :| (iPad in an exam room/in your pocket? Lololol)
even though he got a few laughs.

Lol I was thinking what a dry sense of humour he had... he even laughed at his own attempt of being 'funny'

Ahahaha! I swear that happened in my school! You didn't go to Calday did you?

Quick Reply

Latest