Medicine... Southampton? Brighton & West Sussex?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Chatterbox1552
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hey,
I was just wondering if there were any ppl in or considering going to Southampton to do medicine? Think that's where i want to go but not too sure why. Kinda coz it's down south, near london but not too much and far (but not too far) from home... and of course the course looks crackin. What are the clinicals like in the first yr? and how does dissection figure? is the med school on campus with the rest or out somewhere else (like Peninsula) coz i don't really fancy that.
Oh yeah, and what's the new one in Brighton and West Sussez like? Looks cool but only problem is there's no results to go on. It's kind of got to work if they're putting that much money into it though!
Wikid!
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
No informed opinion about the actual course but come to West Sussex, you can go to Butlins in Bognor, or come look at the castle where I live in Arundel
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Despite the good things I've heard about BSMS, I would still be inclined to opt for a more established medschool. I only applied to Sheffield out of those, and really liked it. I know numerous medics there and they all seem happy. Again Bristol and Soton both excellent, though i didn't consider them for 'distance' reasons.

If you want any info about Sheffield, pm me and I'll put you in contact with some of my friends.

Joy
Chatterbox1552
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Thanks Joy. that's really helpful. Yeah sheffield looks good but it's the other way round with me. the only down to going there is the distance from home. want to be far but not too far.
Dan, u got some interesting reasons to choose a med school but that's cool. I never even considered the necessity of a castle or a Butlins in choosing a university. have to change that
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (62)
19.38%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.06%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.44%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.88%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.56%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.06%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.75%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.5%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads