Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you think teenagers who live with older parents can become a burden?

ReputationRep:
    why? are you one of them? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Depends how old we're talking about here.

ReputationRep:
    children are a general burden, no matter how old the parent. The question should be, when do parents begin to be a burden?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe76)
    children are a general burden, no matter how old the parent. The question should be, when do parents begin to be a burden?
    If they have children like you then I must admit children are a burden :mad: .You ought to be more grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe76)
    I wouldn't say children were a general burden on parents, maybe a financial burden if there is no income to the household, but most parents love having their children close to them and this more than outweighs any other problems. True if you're still living at home when you're 35 and your parents are collecting their pensions then if you are still reliant on their money and services then yes you will be a burden. But if you're independent then there is no reason why you should be a burden.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are older than me, but there is a worrying trend (3% now, up from 0.45% in 2000) whereby sons and daughters are in fact older than their parents.
    Scientists are blaming chavs and gypsies for this worrying rise.

Hmm not sure about that one. How old is old?

ReputationRep:
    Also depends on the temprament of your parents so I don't think you can generalise too much. Before I used to think if your 'rents retired and you were still living at home then you were encroaching on their "me" time when they can finally relax after working a zillion years to support you. My dad is 62 and now he's retired he's actually glad when I come home from uni so he has someone to talk to lol. My mum is 61 and still works so he's at home all day.

My parents are in their 50's and 60's and we get along just fine. I do sometimes wish they were younger but it doesnt bother me too much. I find my parents understand me better... they look young and act younger than some 40yr olds! so it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, my mum is 57 and my dad would be 71 now - it does make them prone to health problems when you're in your childhood, which can be disruptive or unbalancing (especially if you lose one as I did).

Otherwise, there's no real consequence of it. It might make me a little more out-of-touch with popular culture than other people.

Hmm: poll time methinks.

Im sorry *hugs*

Health problems are a worry but i wouldnt change my mum and dad for the world...

--------------

I'm sure you are not out of touch... I've met many parents much younger than mine that really do not have a clue!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.