The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by Danz123
I'm still waiting for the philosophy department to send out some sort of notice, at least telling me they're alive and actually looking at my application. :frown:

same same :frown: they're slow, aren't they!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 961
Original post by ak726
same same :frown: they're slow, aren't they!

To be honest I'm just hoping for them to send an email inviting me to their open day; which basically means you're very likely to get an offer. xD But this is absurd, I've received nothing since the acknowledgment; and I sent my application off on the 12th of Oct. :frown: Hopefully we both hear something soon! Are you applying for a single honours philosophy course, or a joint honours by the way?
Reply 962
I have received an email from UCL asking me to fill out a questionnaire. Does anyone know how long the answers should be? Is there any word limit?

I´m scared that i´ll write too much / too little.
Thanks guys.
Reply 963
Original post by Danz123
To be honest I'm just hoping for them to send an email inviting me to their open day; which basically means you're very likely to get an offer. xD But this is absurd, I've received nothing since the acknowledgment; and I sent my application off on the 12th of Oct. :frown: Hopefully we both hear something soon! Are you applying for a single honours philosophy course, or a joint honours by the way?

is it? do you know the ratio of ppl attending the open days to ppl getting offers? *_*
me tooo. nothing. NOTHING. boo. what's annoying is that they've started giving out offers for other subjects already!!

hehe good luck :smile: i'm applying for economics and philosophy... you?
Reply 964
Original post by ak726
is it? do you know the ratio of ppl attending the open days to ppl getting offers? *_*
me tooo. nothing. NOTHING. boo. what's annoying is that they've started giving out offers for other subjects already!!

Well, UCL do contradict themselves when they say on one part of their website that they give offers to 'the vast majority of candidates,' that attend the open day. In another section they state that candidates, 'whose applications show potential' go to the open day. Either way, getting an invitation is a very good thing!

Oh that's awesome! I'm applying for straight philosophy, but I'm a little intrigued by the philo/econ course UCL have. I heard it's more flexible in university anyway, so I may talk to them about doing some economics modules if I get an offer. Good luck as well :smile:
Hi, I got the email today about the interview for computer science, I was wondering if any1 could please give tips on what questions they ask? and also how many of the applicants are interviewed? and how many of the people interviewed get the offer?

Thanks
Original post by vanesavu
I have received an email from UCL asking me to fill out a questionnaire. Does anyone know how long the answers should be? Is there any word limit?

I´m scared that i´ll write too much / too little.
Thanks guys.

What subject? I got a history one and was given a word limit for each question.
Reply 967
have conditional offer for biomed yesterday.
Original post by Kista

HI FIVE.

out of curiosity, is biomed ur first choice, or is it 5th choice kinda thing.
Reply 969
Original post by Danz123
Well, UCL do contradict themselves when they say on one part of their website that they give offers to 'the vast majority of candidates,' that attend the open day. In another section they state that candidates, 'whose applications show potential' go to the open day. Either way, getting an invitation is a very good thing!

Oh that's awesome! I'm applying for straight philosophy, but I'm a little intrigued by the philo/econ course UCL have. I heard it's more flexible in university anyway, so I may talk to them about doing some economics modules if I get an offer. Good luck as well :smile:

anyway it's good to know i'm not alone :smile:

hee economics is awesome (Y)
i couldn't find information on the open day anywhere.. they only have like a really brief paragraph!
Original post by ak726

I have an interview for Geology MSci, and have done a bit of math.

In the Geology department they hold five visit days/interviews for every admissions cycle.

There are 40 academic staff within the department, if I just guess at only half of them interviewing, for every visit day there will be two interview sessions (in a rotation) so that's 40 interviewees.

40*5= 200 people invited for interviews, out of that two-hundred they will have two give out around 175 offers, as there are 35 places, and 4/5 applicants in theory will not choose UCL.

Therefore out of the people that go to the interview, theoretically 7/8 people should get an offer.

Of course this is done on a lot of guesswork, but gives you a rough idea, and allows you to extrapolate the data to other departments..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 971
Original post by mangostrawberry
What subject? I got a history one and was given a word limit for each question.

Biochemistry. Was the word limit on your Questionnaire explicitly stated?
Biochemistry. Was the word limit on your Questionnaire explicitly stated?

The one one my biomedicine questionnaire had no word limit, but I do think they said give concise answers.
Reply 973
Original post by Kista

Congratz! Did you see in in track or do they post their offer letters? Are you an international applicant?
Reply 974
Original post by hslakaal
The one one my biomedicine questionnaire had no word limit, but I do think they said give concise answers.

Can I ask you how long ur answers were approximately? :frown:
Can I ask you how long ur answers were approximately? :frown:

There was one about a favourite experiment, and that was about, I would guess, 5 or 6 lines of the small opinio form box (I'm assuming it's the opinio form, cuz mine was).

The others were pretty short. But I don't think you should use me as an example, I was being a bit careless bout the thing :colondollar:
Reply 976
Original post by new123
Those that have got offers and oversea applicants - is IELTS, TOEFL or English test approved by the respective institution a part of the condition?

Or is it determined by a case to case basis

Any oversea applicants who got offers already and were not asked for IELTS or TOEFL so far?

I got one, they didn't mention IELTS or TOEFL.
Reply 977
Original post by Jack3107
I got one, they didn't mention IELTS or TOEFL.

Which university and which course?

What were the conditions? May be you already fulfill their other english language requirements like IGCSE, etc?
Reply 978
Original post by hslakaal
There was one about a favourite experiment, and that was about, I would guess, 5 or 6 lines of the small opinio form box (I'm assuming it's the opinio form, cuz mine was).

The others were pretty short. But I don't think you should use me as an example, I was being a bit careless bout the thing :colondollar:

I tried inserting a 700 word piece of work into the box to see if there is a word limit, and there doesnt seem to be one. =D geeeeeeeeez I find this so hard.

Do you think it plays a big role in the selection process? Or as long as I write a few sentences to show that I put some effort and thinking into it + was honest (nothing fancy / impressive), I should be fine?

Does anyone have any experiences with this Questionnaire and got an offer?
Im really desperate.

Thanks in advance. If i get in, ill buy you lunch =D :wink:
Reply 979
Original post by ak726
anyway it's good to know i'm not alone :smile:

hee economics is awesome (Y)
i couldn't find information on the open day anywhere.. they only have like a really brief paragraph!

[Y]

Yeah, but I still think that you're likely to get an offer if you get invited to an open day. :smile: At least I think so. xD

Latest

Trending

Trending