Gay adoption Watch

This discussion is closed.
TKR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by smellielli)
last time i checked its impossible for two men or two women to conceive a child.
You continue to surpass yourself... (as an aside - i beleive it is actually theoreticaly possible for two women to conceive a child...)
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think it's more important to consider the rights of the adopted child in this case.
Will they be happier in a stable family relationship than in an orphanage?
Yes.
However, it could be (and is) argued that children with two parents of the same gender will face social problems. But I'm no psychologist, so I won't delve into that. It does seem that adoption by a straight couple would be preferable to adoption by a gay couple from the child's viewpoint.
Hoblox
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Homosexuality, i believe, is something which is learned, socialized into people through various social experiences. I am sure that the vast majority of posters here would agree that homosexuality is also unnatural. Therefore it must be of paramount importance that homosexual couples do not gain the right to adopt children. I obviously have no figures to back up this claim but i would bet my life on the child having a much, much higher chance of becomming homosexual themselves later in life. Monkey see, Monkey do.......
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hoblox)
Homosexuality, i believe, is something which is learned, socialized into people through various social experiences.
Read into it - you'll probably be very unpleasantly surprised, unless of course you limit yourself to the "scientific" publications linked to from "thefamilyassociation.org" or "godhatesfags.com" etc.

I obviously have no figures to back up this claim
Obviously :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bet my life on the child having a much, much higher chance of becomming homosexual themselves later in life. Monkey see, Monkey do.......
Well, the logic and reasoning behind that statement is frankly flawless...

"White Pride Worldwide" ^o)

Where on earth do I start?
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Homosexuality, i believe, is something which is learned, socialized into people through various social experiences. I am sure that the vast majority of posters here would agree that homosexuality is also unnatural. Therefore it must be of paramount importance that homosexual couples do not gain the right to adopt children. I obviously have no figures to back up this claim but i would bet my life on the child having a much, much higher chance of becomming homosexual themselves later in life. Monkey see, Monkey do.......
Argh, homosexuality is NOT learned! It's a matter of predetermination in the womb, caused by a hormonal imbalance - excess amounts of testosterone or oestrogen. The view that is a 'choice' is an echo of Christianity - the Bible teaches it to be a sin, so therefore it has to be a choice, because otherwise God has created natural sinners. Ignore the Bible bashers and listen to science for a change.
To stand this on its head... "When did you first realise you were straight?"

You claim also that children will do whatever they see others do. Every child is exposed to teachers on an almost daily basis from age 4 - 16, at least. Why do teachers constitute such a small proportion of the population?

Step out of the 19th century will you?

(edit: you're studying sociology and still believe this nonsense? Oh dear)
gideon2000uk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The research suggests otherwise. Your assumptions carry no weight. Try again.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)
Argh, homosexuality is NOT learned! It's a matter of predetermination in the womb, caused by a hormonal imbalance - excess amounts of testosterone or oestrogen.
Prove it.

--------------

(Original post by gideon2000uk)
The research suggests otherwise. Your assumptions carry no weight. Try again.
Yesterday you were singing the praises of the Spartans as the best fighting force ever. Are you suggesting that this group of people all owed their sexuality due to biological factors?
gideon2000uk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Prove it.
You prove it. It's your side that is coming out with nothing but conjecture.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The idea that homosexuality is learned/chosen simply doesnt stand up to logic - theres still a lot of stigma attached socially and it would be totally senseless for anyone to give in to some kind of social pressure/choose to be gay. Not to mention the countless cases of children brought up in the same familia envrionment, only one of whom is gay etc etc etc.

--------------

Oh, not forgetting the substantial body of scientific evidence pointing to differences in the structure of the brain between hetero and homosexual men.
supercat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, it's true that biological/genetic reasons have been found for homosexuality. I wish people would stop saying it was something you could choose, as if you could "shake yourself out of it" if you wanted to :rolleyes:

As for homosexuals having children, I'm for the fundamental idea as of course they should have the same rights as heterosexuals. The only doubt I would have would be whether or not the child would get bullied, but this is only a minor misgiving. Hell, on Wife Swap USA recently they had a gay couple with two teenage daughters and it was the most stable family I've seen on Wife Swap for a long time; the daughters were lovely too.
Hoblox
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by supercat)
Yes, it's true that biological/genetic reasons have been found for homosexuality. I wish people would stop saying it was something you could choose, as if you could "shake yourself out of it" if you wanted to :rolleyes:
I never said it could be chosen i said it was learned through primary socialization. Just as left/right handedness. To say it is biological is simply an excuse for homosexuals to claim 'It isnt my fault i was born like it'.
Hoblox
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)
(edit: you're studying sociology and still believe this nonsense? Oh dear)
Surely the fact that i am studying sociology would make me favour a social explaination rather than a biological one :confused:
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I never said it could be chosen i said it was learned through primary socialization. Just as left/right handedness. To say it is biological is simply an excuse for homosexuals to claim 'It isnt my fault i was born like it'.
Surely the same "use" could be made by homosexuals of a primary socialization theory?
SexyKe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think that gay adoption actually could have advantages; dont know if anyone watched channel 4 programme but there was a boy who lived with his mum before and still saw her from time to time, by putting him with a gay couple it ensured he didnt feel his relationship with his mum was being threatened. (or thats how i understood it) im sure someone will disagree with me
Hoblox
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TKR)
Surely the same "use" could be made by homosexuals of a primary socialization theory?
Biology holds more weight than social theory
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hang on, the "bullying" argument is a bit odd. Kids get bullied for everything from having spots to being crap at sport to wearing glasses to wearing the "wrong" shoes to having ginger hair. Anything which is different from the perceived norm. Does that mean we should all attempt to raise children to a specific formula to ensure they don't get bullied and that we end up with an army of clones totally devoid of any individualism or personality? I don't see anyone calling for the abolition of glasses or enforced sport ability. It's a lame reason for not allowing gays to adopt.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Your living in closed minded past tense, homosexuality is there from birth. TKR and gideon and the others are right. You dont learn to be gay camp maybe gay no, you either are or your not. You dont learn and you cant unlearn it

As for gay adoption im in favour of it. Englishstudent is right in saying kids are bullied for all sorts of reasons, too tall too short too fat too thin etc etc etc. Having gay parents will just be one more thing to add to the list. Though i bet if the kid in question went on to be a huge sports star he wouldnt be picked on.
I see no reason why gay couples male or female would automatically be bad parents based purely on their sexual preferance which is where teh whole argument comes from that they would.
Indus1986
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Gay couples should adopt all the little orphans in the world and then we will all be happy... for a while.
Hoblox
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
Your living in closed minded past tense, homosexuality is there from birth. TKR and gideon and the others are right. You dont learn to be gay camp maybe gay no, you either are or your not. You dont learn and you cant unlearn it
You pose no proof of what you are saying. At least i admit that these are only my opinions, and educated ones at that.

And the main problem i see with gay couples adopting is that they will teach the child that homosexuality is ok, and normal, when it clearly isnt.
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Well my parents got devorced but I saw both of them every week so I suppose I feel that you need both a male and female. Not to disrepect the dead but my dad wasn't brilliant. He was able to look after me fine physically (food, clothing, somewhere to sleep etc) but mentally he wasn't great as after a few years he started drinking heavily. Mabye thats why I think you need both male and female. And I am not saying that gay couples can not provide a loving and stable home but its just not as effective I feel. And I do believe that a child would be bullied as kids, and adults, can be very cruel.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (24)
42.86%
Pro-humanity (32)
57.14%

Watched Threads