Gay adoption Watch

This discussion is closed.
william1986
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
It's statistically proven that they are more likely to be gay, and hence obviously their 'parents' gayness is having some effect on them
Conclusive proof please.

Also so what? Being gay is fine.

Well not really. Buecause in nature there would have been no chance for this, but even the very first humans had simple medicines out of leaves or whatever.
Yes really. Your point is just about advance from the state of nature. Whether its one yr from the beginning or 2000 yrs things counter to nature have been done. What does it matter whther they were done 20 yrs ago or 5000 yrs ago. What's so inherenlty important about yrs?

Because it's important when discussing homosexuality and adoption?

Why? I think love and stabilty are important when adoping a child not what sexaul organs someone happens to have.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Blackadder)
They're not 'perfectly normal' - they are statistically more likely to be gay as well.
Even if this is true we could do with getting the population down especially in areas like London. Perhaps I won't have to be a sardine on the tube much longer.

Because that's the way nature intended it.
Nature never intended for us to read, wear clothes, perform oral sex and anal sex, use computers etc.
william1986
Report 12 years ago
Where's your evidence to the contary then?
I never said I can prove that what he said was wrong rather its impossible to prove that what he says is right which is obvious given that he can't go back in time and get two male or two female parents.
DamnBuster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Of course it matters. The fact is that it isn't natural for two men to have a baby so stop playing the 'equality card' as it is irrellevant to this discussion.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree. We must also stop using contraception. It's just not natural. :rolleyes:
hugatree
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I agree. We must also stop using contraception. It's just not natural. :rolleyes:
The pope would love that. But then, he doesn't get off much these days.
George Agdgdgwngo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
Who agrees with gays and lesbians being allowed to adopt. I don't, personally, think it is right. I have nothing wrong with homosexuality but I just don't think it is the right kind of environment for a kid to grow up in, particularly if they have an emotionally scarred past. I don't however have a problem with gay parents if they had the children when they were married or did not realise there feelings.
Just wondering what you people think and I mean absolutely no offence whatsoever.

P.S Sorry if there is a thread like this
Totally agree with this statement, having same sex parents is no environment for children to be growing up in, most children have social issues as it is. I think it would prove to be too much of an emotional strain for the children. And again, absolutely no offence to anyone.
william1986
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DamnBuster)
Of course it matters. The fact is that it isn't natural for two men to have a baby so stop playing the 'equality card' as it is irrellevant to this discussion.

I said freedom not equality. Why is it not natural? Let's suppose you give a good response to this question and i end up agreeing its not natural, which being gay I will not, the next question is why should YOUR view of what is nature become law? I guess you must be against contraception, medicine, clothes...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hugatree)
The pope would love that. But then, he doesn't get off much these days.
LOL. I dislike people who apply the unnatural argument when it suits them. They probably have complained something similar themselves. Oh, I forgot, let us also ban abortion on grounds of being unnatural.
hugatree
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
LOL. I dislike people who apply the unnatural argument when it suits them. They probably have complained something similar themselves. Oh, I forgot, let us also ban abortion on grounds of being unnatural.
Yeah :rolleyes: some people... They'd make you keep a baby that belongs to a criminal rapist... But that's another thread.
George Agdgdgwngo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)

You claim also that children will do whatever they see others do. Every child is exposed to teachers on an almost daily basis from age 4 - 16, at least. Why do teachers constitute such a small proportion of the population?

Step out of the 19th century will you?

(edit: you're studying sociology and still believe this nonsense? Oh dear)
So, you believe that children do not do whatever they see adults do. What about child abuse as a prime example. The majority of convicted child sex offenders were themselves abused as a child. How do u explain that if children do not 'copy' others?
George Agdgdgwngo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
Hang on, the "bullying" argument is a bit odd. Kids get bullied for everything from having spots to being crap at sport to wearing glasses to wearing the "wrong" shoes to having ginger hair. Anything which is different from the perceived norm. Does that mean we should all attempt to raise children to a specific formula to ensure they don't get bullied and that we end up with an army of clones totally devoid of any individualism or personality? I don't see anyone calling for the abolition of glasses or enforced sport ability. It's a lame reason for not allowing gays to adopt.
I dont know about abyone else, but i somehow think that 'bullying' towards children with same sex parents will be much more severe than if the child were to have red hair or glasses.
Melana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
True, but it's about the same as if you were disabled, or if you were black in a mainly white community. Would you keep these people in separate envirnoments so that they weren't bullied? If you don't allow gay parents to adopt, those children are stuck in care.

THAT IS NOT BETTER FOR THEM
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hoblox)
Homosexuality, i believe, is something which is learned, socialized into people through various social experiences. I am sure that the vast majority of posters here would agree that homosexuality is also unnatural. Therefore it must be of paramount importance that homosexual couples do not gain the right to adopt children. I obviously have no figures to back up this claim but i would bet my life on the child having a much, much higher chance of becomming homosexual themselves later in life. Monkey see, Monkey do.......
So, that's why children of heterosexual parents always turn out straight... monkey see, monkey do!
gideon2000uk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The evidence so far accumulated suggests tha children of gay parents are not damaged; nor are they more likely to be gay.
Zoecb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DamnBuster)
Whilst homosexuality may be natural, homosexuals having children isn't.
It is! Biologically, any man and a woman can reproduce like rabbits if they so wish, even if one or both of them is gay (just don't expect them to enjoy it much). It doesn't mean this same couple of biological parents have to raise the child.

Yeah, stop trying to make everyone happy.
Charming. OK then, let's get rid of the welfare state and the justice system and stuff, they're just time wasting things trying to give things to people who deserve them and are unlucky enough not to have them already.

I know I wouldn't have been the fine upstanding member of society that I am today if it hadn't been for having a loving mother AND father.
I wouldn't describe you as a perfectly fine upstanding member of society.

The fact is that it isn't natural for two men to have a baby so stop playing the 'equality card' as it is irrelevant to this discussion.
That fact that two men cannot have a baby with each other (in the current state of science) is irrelevent to this discussion. This is about parents and adopted children, after all.

They're not 'perfectly normal' - they are statistically more likely to be gay as well.
Who are you to judge what is 'perfectly normal' and what isn't? Also, statistics are *******s but even if what you say is true then what is its relevence? Good, I say.

Plus, I again bring up 1 parent families - a child lacks these influences and so is more likely to do worse in school, take drugs and commit crimes.
That is an incredibly generalised statement built on negative stereotypes.

Nature also gave us the intelligence to cure ourselves.
And indeed the intelligence to look beyond biology's crude requirements when forming enriching personal relationships. And the intelligence to develop ways to prevent unwanted pregancies. And when that fails, the intelligence to give loving homes to babies with no parents.
Melana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You've got an answer for everything Zoecb..and I like it. It may possibly be because their arguements are highly flawed? Mmmhmm...

You can argue all you like about whether it's natural, or whether two men can provide the same gender roles (*cough* single parent families i thank you *cough*) but in the end, you've got to look at what you're choosing gay adoption over.

If you don't allow gay parents to adopt children they will stay in care. Strange how everyone is ignoring that point... Or do you really believe being in care is better than being raised in a gay adoptive family. Coz there's some mighty tasty statistics that'll prove otherwise.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.59%
No (670)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.67%

Watched Threads