Watch
This discussion is closed.
PinkFriday
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tashywashywoo)
I'd probably say about a half hour, definetly quicker than waxing though and I'm a hairy girl , it gets quicker the more you do it as the hairs become thinner
Oohhh k thanks.
I have light skin and dark hair so I really need something that works. Think I might look on ebay as they seem to be going for much less than amazon.
HazyMonsoon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by girlwithsharpteeth)
Ha thanks for sharing when I've ordered it! I hope it'll be ok.... I can handle waxing but sounds like it might be worse!
Haha, sorry, sorry xD Well, I've never tried waxing so I wouldn't be able to compare but people say it also hurts like hell, so you should be all good xD

Also, I tried using tweezers on my lower leg (to see if the epilator would take the length) and that also hurt like crazy so it could just be that I'm a wimp
whoknows eh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have the Braun series 7 wet and dry one, it was pricey at about 90 pounds but was worth it, it hursts abit at first so wouldnt recommend dry epilating but after a few weeks its fine!
outworn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HazyMonsoon)
Haha, sorry, sorry xD Well, I've never tried waxing so I wouldn't be able to compare but people say it also hurts like hell, so you should be all good xD

Also, I tried using tweezers on my lower leg (to see if the epilator would take the length) and that also hurt like crazy so it could just be that I'm a wimp
Oh bless you :console:

It does hurt a bit at first, but honestly after a few times you hardly notice it :yep:
bobilina0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have the top Braun one. Its really good. I also have a Philips one but that was so much more painful! I use it about once a week and it really is less painful each time you use it. Avoid using it if you feel a bit run down though - it made it more painful.
her0n
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You won't know your pain threshold until you get one and start using it.

Personally, I find that my ankles are INTENSELY painful. My lower legs hurt most around the shin bone. However my bikini area is totally fine to do.

Mine is a braun something.. They probably don't make it any more.
taliagoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’d recommend Karmin electric epilator
ericmogan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks, for the contribution here. I have been looking forward to purchasing an epilator but barely know some aspect of it but this forum contribution here has enlightened me. I hope the pain to be experience won't be intense.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (84)
21.37%
No (309)
78.63%

Watched Threads