Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing (or did) the affects of tempertaure on the permeability of beetroot cells? we have been given 2 weeks to do this coursework and the first was pretty much spent on the practical, now i have 3 days left to do the whole write up and hand it in, and i'm not sure what we are suppose to be doing as we weren't given that much information.
    can someone tell me,how the temperature actually affects the permeability? and how much depth we have to go into, and any other thing i should really know etc.
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grave_dreams)
    is anyone doing (or did) the affects of tempertaure on the permeability of beetroot cells? we have been given 2 weeks to do this coursework and the first was pretty much spent on the practical, now i have 3 days left to do the whole write up and hand it in, and i'm not sure what we are suppose to be doing as we weren't given that much information.
    can someone tell me,how the temperature actually affects the permeability? and how much depth we have to go into, and any other thing i should really know etc.
    thanks.
    High temperatures will denature the cell walls so im assuming the premeablity of the cell will increase. Thats all i can say on this one as iv never done a write-up on it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 19, 2005

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.