The Student Room Group

English Literature AQA Spec. B

i'm doing my section A question on Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy as this is the text we've done most work on in class ! But apparently if the paper is difficult then the question could move away from the prominent characters within the novel, Angel Clare, Alec D'Urberville, and Tess, and focus on more minor characters, in particular the rustics. The rustics would be the Talbothay's dairy milkmaids, ( Retty, Izzy, Marian ) , and the Queen of Diamonds and Queen of spades, the ones Tess enter into a fight with on the way back home from workers 'night out' so to speak, during her time at Trantridge. As these characters are extremely minor in comparison to the likes of Alec, Angel, and Tess i have been unable to find any useful analysis or commentary on them. Is anybody able to help ? what materials are you using to revise ? I have a copy of the york notes advanced but have only looked at them briefly ! If there isn't already a thread maybe this could be the official AQA English Lit. Spec. B revision thread, where people can share revision techniques, and maybe point out useful quotations which would be worth remembering for the exam etc. Let me know what you think ! The exam is on the 16th June. Again , apologies if a thread on this has already been made !

Quick Reply

Latest