This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
See, I never did french, I was deprived. Greek, Latin and Spanish. Although for Spanish I didnt have any lessons at all and still got a C. Basically because it is rather similar to latin.
all except for spainish are practically dead, unless your talking the greek they speak in greece and not what the ancients spoke.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
all except for spainish are practically dead, unless your talking the greek they speak in greece and not what the ancients spoke.
That would be the typical responce I have come to expect. I want to be a solicitor. Latin and Greek are the two sole biggest advantages tyuo can have.

Ancient Greek is surprisingly similar to modern Greek, I can certainly read any modern Greek with great accuracy.
Matt the cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
That would be the typical responce I have come to expect. I want to be a solicitor. Latin and Greek are the two sole biggest advantages tyuo can have.
why so?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
A rock bottom comp. and mighty proud.

Only 65 schools did worse on GCSE attainment, and that's out of 3500 plus
Dammit ya beat me...there are apparantly 745 schools worse than mine, it came 2834 out of 3579 for GCSEs...although the school I was supposed to go to came 3385 out of 3579...it was worth commuting into primary school on the train for my last yr to get into my relatively posher school.

I did turn down a scholarship to a private school (found out they had 3 hours homework a night minimum and had to go to school on Saturday mornings) which is apparantly 156th in the country for GCSEs

Although my school has a terrible history when it comes to Oxbridge...1 application (who also got in) in the last 25 yrs :eek: (it wasn't me btw - I thought Oxbridge = more expensive when I was applying to uni (I also though that Liverpool John Moores was one of the best uni's in the country))
love_4_ducks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
currently in last year of compulsory education (yipee) at samuekl whitbread communtiy college

or sam whit upper!!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (382)
14.84%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (285)
11.07%
Lack of purpose or motivation (363)
14.1%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (120)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (156)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.47%
Financial worries (95)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (225)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (243)
9.44%

Watched Threads