The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ham_Sandwich
They were 30 minutes late for mine, but I was the very last. I think I got there about 4.30 (interview was at 4.40) and I didn't leave until about 5.20.

So does that mean if your interview was meant to start at 4.40 but they were running half hour late, it started at 5.10 and you left at 5.20....you only had 10 mins at the interview? :eek:
Original post by kindkydinky
So does that mean if your interview was meant to start at 4.40 but they were running half hour late, it started at 5.10 and you left at 5.20....you only had 10 mins at the interview? :eek:

Yeah tell me about it, such a cheat. I think they just wanted to go home tbh.

:eek: My interview at Lancaster was like 35 mins!
I think they differ widely depending where they are at Leeds my inteview was about 30m and was more about me personaly than my artwork but in Derby it was only 10-15m and i was only asked questons relating to my art.
Reply 1064
Could people who have had their Wimbledon interviews already, please let me know if your interview was on time or if there was a wait, and how long you actually spent at the college from the time of your interview to when you left?

It's just that my interview is at 10.40 but my train gets there at 10.28 which is cutting it short but I could get a taxi straight from the station so will arrive on time. I like to be early normally but 10.28 is the cheapest option and I really wouldn't want to wait around for ages either if it could be helped.

Replies would be really really helpful!! :smile:

there was a bit of a wait for mine because the lass before me was late, but they still saw her for like the normal amount of time. So I guess the earlier you can get there the more time you might have for your interview but I guess it depends how other interviews go. I waited about 15 minutes and my interview was about 20 minutes then I had a wonder round after..hope this is helpful! :smile: good luck!

Had the same at Cardiff but my interview still lasted about 15 mins but still felt rushed. I hate it when they make you feel like you are holding them up, end of the day it's not your fault your interview was towards the end of the day. They should try to give everyone a fair chance regardless of how many interviews they've held, otherwise people who go first are at advantage. Thank you and good luck :smile: (if you haven't heard back already)

Original post by byrd
there was a bit of a wait for mine because the lass before me was late, but they still saw her for like the normal amount of time. So I guess the earlier you can get there the more time you might have for your interview but I guess it depends how other interviews go. I waited about 15 minutes and my interview was about 20 minutes then I had a wonder round after..hope this is helpful! :smile: good luck!

Thanks very much :smile: Kinda tempted to see if I can get away with arriving 5 mins before my interview....my other option is an earlier train but that means I'd arrive about hour n half before my interview and the ticket costs considerably more too :/

Good luck! :smile:
Had the same at Cardiff but my interview

Hey soz to bug ya but how long did it take for you to hear back after submiting your online portfolio?
Original post by Princeling
No problem. ;D When are you coming in for the interview? I'll actually probably catch sight of you anyway, as I know you will just be waiting in the main building area, I think.

Kingston is a pretty nice place to live. Suburban but big enough to have all the main shops, if y'know what I mean. So a pretty nice high street with all the main brands, and also smaller shops, with its own aesthetic and nice green atmosphere. There's a big park where people bring their dogs/play football/stroll/do exercise, etc. Wilkinson's = all your art supplies needed, haha. And Pullinger's. I live right next to Knight's Park Campus (Middle Mill Hall) = great location, literally 5 minutes away. Plus Kingston is only 30 minutes away from London, and it's nice to be close but still have a family/suburban kind of atmosphere, I guess. It's a bit like having the best of both worlds (and there are sufficient clubs and bars as well! Nightlife not bad, tons of people drunk at night though so you have to be careful, it's a bit like a uni town at night).

And we have the Knight's Park SU bar which is great, and the facilities, especially the 3D workshop = amazing. Some people say the Kingston building looks like a prison... frankly, I don't see the comparison, and it's all clean and nice as you should have seen from the open day. :tongue: I can't tell you too much about the BA course because I applied there (but rejected the early offer) but it's kind of my last choice because I really, really want to be in London. Quality of people's work depends on the random quality of your year, but the studio spaces are nice enough also! Also, our new library just opened and it is BEAUTIFUL and so convenient. :smile: And in general Kingston is a pretty friendly community and you shouldn't have any difficulty making friends just by hanging by the bar or in the studio at night, etc.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions~ :wink:

Thank you, that was really detailed. Have you applied for Fine Art? My interview's tomorrow. (Between 2 and 5pm. Wish I was given a specific time.) So hopefully everything will go well. That's something I really liked about the location. The fact that you get the leafy greeness and the really short distance from main London. Definitely glad to hear there's a Wilkos! :wink: - (life saver) Where's your favourite choice? :smile:
Original post by Soares
Hey! What have you applied for at Kingston?
sent my portfolio for fine art agessss ago, havent heard a thing!

I've applied for Fine Art too. That's weird... maybe something went into your junk, or they're doing it in stages? :smile:
Reply 1069
Original post by RunningHam
I've applied for Fine Art too. That's weird... maybe something went into your junk, or they're doing it in stages? :smile:

Well the acknowledgement email didn't go in my junk after sending portfolio,

Could only be batches or a rejection lolol
Reply 1070
Could people who have had their Wimbledon interviews already, please let me know if your interview was on time or if there was a wait, and how long you actually spent at the college from the time of your interview to when you left?

It's just that my interview is at 10.40 but my train gets there at 10.28 which is cutting it short but I could get a taxi straight from the station so will arrive on time. I like to be early normally but 10.28 is the cheapest option and I really wouldn't want to wait around for ages either if it could be helped.

Replies would be really really helpful!! :smile:

Youll get there right on 10.40 like that, maybe ul even be afew minutes late..

Its a bit of a walk from the station, in the middle of housing area
Original post by HappilySuicidal
Hey soz to bug ya but how long did it take for you to hear back after submiting your online portfolio?

No probs. I didn't have to submit an online portfolio :s-smilie: perhaps because I live 2-3 hours away. Do you live far from Cardiff? I had an interview and then an offer the next day.
Original post by Soares
Youll get there right on 10.40 like that, maybe ul even be afew minutes late..

Its a bit of a walk from the station, in the middle of housing area

13 mins according to google maps :tongue: I am going to get a taxi there so I arrive with a few mins to spare (plus not out of breath and covered in sweat :colondollar:) portfolio is about 12kg... Just really hoping they will let me go before 12 :teehee:
Had the same at Cardiff but my interview still lasted about 15 mins but still felt rushed. I hate it when they make you feel like you are holding them up, end of the day it's not your fault your interview was towards the end of the day. They should try to give everyone a fair chance regardless of how many interviews they've held, otherwise people who go first are at advantage. Thank you and good luck :smile: (if you haven't heard back already)
)

Yeah it really puts you off! You almost feel like you can't tell them enough because it'll take more time. I won't hear for another 2 weeks yet though :frown: Good luck with yours!

Have you looked at taking the coach to London instead of a train? They're pretty cheap and might get you there at a better time?
Original post by joelchan
:eek: My interview at Lancaster was like 35 mins!

I wish they were all like that! 10 minutes just isn't enough time to put yourself across properly. Did you get in?
Has anyone else applied for Sunderland?
I really wanna work with glass :biggrin:
Original post by Bekkah321
Has anyone else applied for Sunderland?
I really wanna work with glass :biggrin:

Ooooo I would have applied for the BA(hons) Glass at ECA But then I was like hmmm what would I have to present in a portfolio... It would have been for the thrills more than anything else.
Yeah it really puts you off! You almost feel like you can't tell them enough because it'll take more time. I won't hear for another 2 weeks yet though :frown: Good luck with yours!

Have you looked at taking the coach to London instead of a train? They're pretty cheap and might get you there at a better time?

Thank you! 2 weeks is just long enough to start driving you crazy! Is it your first choice?

ahh good idea, I didn't think of the coach...but already booked my train. To be honest though, where I live, it's a pretty dinky town and coaches to London are a rare thing so most likely would have had to travel to a different town to make the coach. such a hassle living in a small town :rolleyes:
Original post by joelchan
Ooooo I would have applied for the BA(hons) Glass at ECA But then I was like hmmm what would I have to present in a portfolio... It would have been for the thrills more than anything else.

It was the whole National Glass factory is where the course is based thing that sold it to me! I only applied for Level 0, got a conditional and firmed it just because I want to work with glass cause it seems fun. I hope it is!
Thank you! 2 weeks is just long enough to start driving you crazy! Is it your first choice?

ahh good idea, I didn't think of the coach...but already booked my train. To be honest though, where I live, it's a pretty dinky town and coaches to London are a rare thing so most likely would have had to travel to a different town to make the coach. such a hassle living in a small town :rolleyes:

Haha it's actually 3 weeks wait, but my interview was Valentine's Day. It's crazy, I want to know already! It's my 2nd choice I think, it was joint 1st with Goldsmiths but my interview put me off.
Bad times! When it says South West on your header(no idea what to actually call it?) I assumed Bristol. Train's are a lot nicer anyway I'm sure :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest