The Student Room Group

What is your pet's name?

What is your pet's name? (Why did you choose that name?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My rats names are

Mr.Squinty - His original name was prongs as I had three brothers and called them Padfoot, Moony and Prongs. However as rescues they were only 5 weeks old and he still had squinty eyes so I gave him the nickname. It caught though and he chose to ignore Prongs and comes to Mr.Squinty :biggrin:

Padfoot - See above.

Dandelion - Came with his brother and he was such a pansy that he needed a name to fit the bill!

Burdock - Goes with dandelion and he's fairly butch :tongue:

Brie - White as anything! She's a siamese roan so looks PEW, so it fit.

Bailey - Don't really have a reason other than it fit her!

My Cat

Bagel! Another went through a couple of names like Flea (she was a stray who didnt have an owner so we took her in) but eventually I landed on Bagel and it stuck. Couldnt imagine calling her anything else!
Reply 2
Haha I love this thread.

I have 3 cats.

Heebie Jeebie. Was originally names Hebe after the greek goddess of youth, but when he took HER to the vet we were in fact informed that she was a HE so we had to rename her/him.

Hecate. She is a black cat so was named after the goddess of witchcraft in Shakespeare's Macbeth.

Dizzee Rascal. A kitten named (obviously) after the rapper because he is so full of energy and chases his tail!
Reply 3
My dog's called Webster, my two fish are called Fredric and Isaac.
Reply 4
My guinea pig is called Dish, short for Disheveled. If you saw the state of her, you'd understand.
Reply 5
Two dogs both girls called Koda (from koda bear) and Belle ( and that's belle from beauty and the beast not tinkerbell! ) Yes they are named after disney characters, no i dont care if you think im sad :smile:
Socks & Tigger

:biggrin:
Reply 7
My cat is called Ginger Ninja. 'Cos that's what he is ^_^
Reply 8
My dog is called Tuna, not because of the fish but because of a rare plant.
Reply 9
I had a cat called kitty, a dog called puppy and a guine pig called Jane
Reply 10
Dog called Pablo because some crazy foreign lady liked the name and we didn't want to confuse him be changing it when he came to us
Reply 11
Original post by I<3LAMP
Socks & Tigger

:biggrin:

Socks is adorable!

To answer the OP, mine is called Lily because we thought it was a pretty name for a gorgeous dog! For our next dog, we're going to call her Xena though because it's just awesome!
My friend had a pet lamb (he lives on a farm), and he called it mint sauce :biggrin:
I have 2 cats called Holly and Evie. Evie was already named that, and Holly was originally called Darwin, but my family didn't want her mistaken for a boy, and she was quite "prickly" when we first got her (timid little thing) so they called her Holly. Just woke up in the morning and got told that. :lol: And I used to have 2 snails called...Anfernee and Glen Coco. :biggrin: Cos they're cool names.
Dog's called trixie, and au contrare to what everyone says, it's not because she can do "tricks" :rolleyes: I just liked the name :smile:
I was walking past a shop once and the lady in the doorway goes, trixie, come over here! And i was like :lolwut: who is she, how does she know my dog and not me.. so my dog reacted and waddled over just as her friend was coming out... turns out her name was trixie as well :lol:
I think it's better to call animals with non-human names :smile:
My horse is called Prince Chesnut :smile:
Reply 16
Two cats: Morrissey and Malfoy.
I like the Smiths and I also like Draco Malfoy. :h:
I used to have
A gerbil called Furball
A guinea pig called Badger (she was white with a black head and bum, with a single white strip up her forehead)
and a guinea pig called Sugar (she was brown and white, and she was really sweet in the way that she had huuuge eyes for a guinea pig and she squeaked really high pitched and she would snuggle into my dressing gown and fall asleep. she was also quite small.)
Reply 18
I met a cat in spain called Hermes.
Cat - Holly. I don't know why, it just rhymed with my old cat's name (Molly), and sounded like Polly (which was her name before we got her).

Dog - Chester. We were low on inspiration when my brother looked at the Sat Nav in the car on the way home with him and went, "Manchester. Chester!"
Not even sure why Manchester was on the sat nav, as we live in Cambridge.

So yeah. Neither are too creative.

Quick Reply

Latest