The Student Room Group

What is your pet's name?

Scroll to see replies

My Chickens are called - Bella, Bessie, Betty and Britney
My dog is called Roma (after the city, not gypsies) she's so lovely :biggrin:
I had a budgie called 'Tuki' after watching that Evolution movie (you know, caw caw, tuki tuki...)
But he died. A random cat actually came in to our house and killed it. What are the chances?
My old cat was called Liffey (after a river in Ireland).

Then with our new cats, we decided to stick with the river theme.
Our girl is called Isis, which is a tributary of the Thames (and it fits quite well because it's also an Egyptian goddess, and she's a little Abyssinian mix, so she's gold with big ears and paws and tail, like the cats they had in Ancient Egypt).

My boy is called Fleet, which is also a tributary of the Thames. Everyone always mistakes it for Flea at first :tongue:
Two rabbits - Bonnie (we couldn't think of a name so called her Bunny for the past few days, so it was an easy transition to make) and Poppy (my mum wanted a flower name)
Two goldfish - Haddock (because I'm hilarious) and Vlad the Impaler (because my brother is a freak)
I have 2 cats, brother and sister called Meg and Mog after the kids book :biggrin:
Original post by mackemforever
No we didn't. He came from a rescue centre in Bristol.

He was one of only 2 left from a litter of 8 that were dumped on them. There was him (the runt of the litter) and one of his brothers who exactly the same in terms of shape but was pale brown, really odd for a basset hound cross.

He is a lovely little dog though, is very nervy because we think he was abused by the family that dumped them all at the rescue centre. We've had him 2 months and he is only just getting brave enough to come up to you in the house. Outside he is OK, as soon as he is lying down he is fine but if he is wandering around the house he is terrified of people. He is finally getting over it a bit and is really coming out of his shell though.

Aww bless him, like I said there was one on there website when we got our Bella, we were lucky though she was only a month old when we got her so she's just gelled like she hasn't known anything else but maisie whos also a rescue dog just needs constant attention and she hates it if anyone goes out she sits and cries at the door until they come back but she was on the streets for about 4/5 months before being found.

I'm sure he'll get much more friendly when he realises you aren't going to hurt him, and good on you for rescuing an animal so many people just buy puppies from breeders when they're perfectly healthy dogs in rescue centres.
My cat is called pilly.
Basically my grandma and grandad had a couple of ginger cats when my dad lived at home and always called them pilly. So when we had our ginger cat we called him pilly too.
The name pilly came about because my dad had a pillow with a cat on when he was little, but he called it pilly instead of pillow and then thought that cats where called pillys.
Reply 107
Dog - Murphy

Tortoise - George

Fish - Moby Dick and Free Willy (Don't ask)

:smile:

We had a cat called Connolly too (Liffey's brother, also a river in Ireland) but he got run over when I was little ._.

My mum had a cat a while ago called Sinatra (after Frank Sinatra, obviously, because she loves him).

My uncle had a ginger tom called HB - short for Hardy *******! He really was a vicious sod.

And we had a rabbit in Nursery that we called Dipsey. We were all huge fans of the Teletubbies when we were 5...
Dogs are called Sky and Breeze (they're rescue dogs and these were their names)
The parrots are Keiko, Java and Indie. Not sure why though. I don't think there is story behind it.
Dog - Golden Lab

Called Kelso.

After Bob and Michael Kelso.
Reply 111
Our Border Collie is called Ozzie. Cat is called Gizmo.
We used to have a hamster called Malcolm, kinda named after the guy from Malcolm in the Middle and also Malcolm X, however we later found out it was girl but we still kept the name lol.. and we used to have a cat called Mario :smile:
Original post by SpiritedAway
Dogs are called Sky and Breeze (they're rescue dogs and these were their names)
The parrots are Keiko, Java and Indie. Not sure why though. I don't think there is story behind it.

Cool names for the parrots! :smile:
My dog: Amber - she's supposedly amber-coloured and it's also quite similar to my mum's maiden name

My budgies: Casper and Molly (Casper's a girl, Molly's a boy :rolleyes:) - Casper's white and I just thought Molly was a cute name :redface:
Aaahh, how much the Teletubbies influenced our lives.... :colondollar:

It's okay, I was too young to remember it, and I have a lovely reminder of him - a small scar down my face :redface: I was pulling his tail as a baby and he turned round and slashed me. Probably my fault, but meh!
Currently, just Angelpig the guinea pig :biggrin:

But have had stupid numbers of pets over the years...
Daisy rabbit
Chinchillas: Silky, Velvet, Satin, Ribbon, Mango, Cucumber
Guinea pigs: Fudge (she was the fattest gpig ever), Coffee, Pansy, Ash, Charm, Marmite, Vegemite and Squirrel Nutkin
Two huskies: follow, booce

White german shepherd: morse

Border collies: nezz, irk

Cats: sol, luton, cub, kree, oode

There are a lot of miscellaneous others that have names but I won't list them, too many/can't remember them all!
I have no idea how I don't have more, poor Liffey put up with so much growing up with me. I was always trying to dress her up in baby clothes and put her in a pram :teehee:
Reply 119
My Fire Pokemon is called Ace D'Fire funny enough.

OP knows what I am talking about.

Quick Reply

Latest