The Student Room Group

How much should you read into kisses on the end of texts?

Pretty much as title reads.

Recently started texting a friend again and she sends me anywhere between 3 and 8 kisses on the end of each text. Does this mean anything?

How many texts do you send to the people you 'like'?

Scroll to see replies

It means nothing 9/10 times. Some people just put kisses, doesn't mean they want to jump your bones.
if you're older than 14 probably not at all..... i take no notice of how many kisses i leave most people it means pretty much nothing.
Eight kisses seems A LOT to me, but then I tend to be very moderate about how many kisses someone gets. 3 is the most with me. I wouldn't read too much in to these things OP, unless she sends no kisses. Then she's pissed.
Reply 4
It's not how many kisses that matters, it's how they change :wink: If someone never gives you any and then starts to give one or two, that's something, and if that same person moves to three or four.. you're in there :biggrin:

Awww, meeeemories of teenage romance. Good times.
Reply 5
I don't think it means anything. I tend to just send back the number I get. I generally don't use them in a conversation anyway, just on the first and last texts, if at all. Some people I know send them to everyone, some just to close friends, you really can't tell anything from them.
the guy im seeing started leaving xxx at the end of texts yesterday omg ***diessssss
Original post by Anonymous

Recently started texting a friend again and she sends me anywhere between 3 and 8 kisses on the end of each text. Does this mean anything?

No, it doesn't mean anything. I send anything from 1-9, for no particular reason.
Original post by Ciaran88
It's not how many kisses that matters, it's how they change :wink: If someone never gives you any and then starts to give one or two, that's something, and if that same person moves to three or four.. you're in there :biggrin:

Awww, meeeemories of teenage romance. Good times.

This man has knowledge. Listen to him.
Reply 9
Original post by xxhari
It varies a lot by person, but generally no kisses means they are not happy with you, I tend to use 3 as a standard number :tongue: some get more, some get less

if they are leaving an insane number of kisses like 15 or something though, there must be a reason for that

I don't use kisses in text messages :colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous

What a waste of time and life and energy......the kisses mean nothing
Reply 11
It completely depends on the person. Personally, the only person I put more then 2 to is my boyfriend.
If text kisses were real kisses the world would be an orgy :borat:
Depends on the person, sometimes I text too fast and just forget to put a kiss, doesn't mean that I'm mad. However if a guy goes from zero to 3 kisses it's usually affectionate :P
The guy i'm seeing gets no x's on the end of the texts, another lad i like gets 3. However some friends get 1/2/3 depending on who they are.
Reply 15
1 with everyone , but losing that x when im mid conversation with my girlfriend for a few consecutive texts mean shes angry......... same goes for me with her
Reply 16
1 with everyone (including lads) then the girl I'm seeing/girlfriend about 3 or 4
Reply 17
Adding an extra x is a massive step :wink: If you send xx, and they send back xxx, it's a really really good sign! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is just friendliness though. I have a boy mate who always puts trillions of kisses and it means nothing. Adding an extra x is what means something :smile:

Btw, one x doesn't mean a thing, it's just politeness.
Reply 18
I like to throw in a random o just to spice things up.
I never do kisses at the end of messages so if I did then it'd probably mean something.

I guess it's dependent on how many they usually do. Overall, kisses are only minor details, it's what the person is saying that's more important.

Quick Reply

Latest